Firdawsi

New 'Whitney Houston' Tour coming soon

Whitney Houston was one of the finest singers in the history of music, but does that mean a hologram can bring in the same success? Many fans don’t seem to think so. Others feel it’s in bad taste. Regardless, Houston’s hologram is slated to perform at numerous U.S. concerts, starting next year.

CNN reports that Houston’s hologram is slated to start touring in 2016. Pat Houston, Whitney’s sister-in-law and president of the Whitney Houston Estate, is the brains behind the idea, along with the the CEO of Hologram USA, Alki David.

Along with playing at a number of famous venues in the nation, Whitney’s hologram will also appear on computers and television across the world. People reports that Pat Houston believes the hologram shows are not only a good investment, but a way to bring the “I Will Always Love You” singer back to the fans.

“It’s a great opportunity for her fans to see a reinvention of one the most celebrated female artists in history and to continue a legacy of performances that will not be forgotten in years to come. I look forward to the partnership.”

Yet, numerous fans aren’t warming up to the idea. Some are downright angry at the thought of Whitney being reinvented as a hologram, and consider it “grotesque and creepy.”

#whitneyhologram sounds creepy and grotesque. There's no need to do it. Seriously, respect her figure and legacy.

— JavierSimon (@JSimonMusic) September 15, 2015

Other people feel that bringing back someone that has passed away, regardless of how talented she was, is disrespectful to the singer and her legacy.

I cannot stomach the idea of "reviving" someone. What is the past is the past. Feels v very wrong and sick. @JulesArk #whitneyhologram

— Jean-Christophe (@jclanoe) September 15, 2015

Despite a myriad of protests, the show will go on. After the U.S. debut, the hologram show goes worldwide, with exclusive online streaming via David’s company, FilmOn.com. Endemol, a Dutch-based company, has exclusive rights to air the hologram concerts.

Yet, even David understands that many fans will be disappointed in the venture, especially since it’s only been three years since Whitney’s death. David expressed that although the shows will provide the utmost respect to Whitney and her fans, he also takes into consideration that not everyone will enjoy it or approve of it.

“I think it makes us more conscious of sensitivity.”

http://www.inquisitr.com/2450794/whitney-houston-update-hologram-confirmed-to-perform-in-us-concerts-despite-fans-protests/

What's the point? From a concertgoer's perspective... like the interaction between fan and performer isn't genuine or real. 

Also imagine if Britney starts having her hologram perform so she doesn't have to dead2

Pretty much nothing would change dead2 

Oh god why dead2

I think it's really disrespectful to keep making money after an artist has passed away, just like how the industry has been doing it for ages now. But hollograms just take that to another level of cringyness that I can't stand rip3