Systemagic

Unbreakable debuts with 144k worldwide: Is Janet slaying or is she reaffirming her local status?

Well her standards are very low since 2004, so this is kinda good.

Album was bundled with tickets and now with souvenirs on concerts, so that could explain US sales

Are you kidding me rip3 Don't try to "explain" US sales, she stays SLAYING because she is a music LEGEND who has never compromised in her nearly 30 year career.

Enjoy the WP for your transphobic nickname!

What? Because I called her "Manet"? orangu1

You're implying that "looking like a man" is degrading and therefore insulting trans women who don't pass as cis women. You're the transphobic one here, and you also showcased a lot of xenophobia:

Moldovan gays trapped in homophobic hill villages can stay satisfying their R&B knowledge with the copies of Hard Candy they just got because the iTunes store just expanded to their country.

You disgust me kii

What? Because I called her "Manet"? orangu1

You're implying that "looking like a man" is degrading and therefore insulting trans women who don't pass as cis women. You're the transphobic one here, and you also showcased a lot of xenophobia:

You disgust me kii

What kind of illogic orangu1 I think YOU were the one who tried to imply looking like a man was degrading by CALLING her Manet orangu1 A trans woman doesn't need to "pass" for a woman because she IS a woman orangu1 I can't even wrap my mind around this its so idiotic, it honestly deserves a WP in itself orangu1 

oops yeah and dont fossils LOVE  to come for other girls' kworb receipts in the maldives and slovenia and zambia and east timor jj2 

Edited by Jonna Lee

The were neck to neck In the late 80s-early 90s   clap1

'Like A Prayer' (1989) 14 million vs  'Rhythm Nation 1814' (1989) 14 million  <-- the biggest stan war before the internet era

'Erotica' (1992) + 'Bedtime Stories' (1994) 14,5 million vs 'Janet.' (1993) 15 million  <-- The Vulgar vs Classy rivalry

'Ray Of Light' (1998) 15 million  vs 'The Velvet Rope' (1997) 9 million  <-- The Spiritual album vs Personal Issues album

'Music' (2000) 11 million  vs  'All For You' (2001) 7,5 million  <--  The World Tours

They even decline together with Damita Jo and American Life     fall1  At one point (1993?) Janet's record deal worth more than Madonna's. Literally 2 biggest female acts on MTV. Celine & Mariah can stay on their AC lane but these two M&J slays the dance market.

MTE

Saline was the Pink of the 90s. Successfull but irrelevant. And Mariah didnt even tour dead2

Edited by SkullDrag

What kind of illogic orangu1 I think YOU were the one who tried to imply looking like a man was degrading by CALLING her Manet orangu1 A trans woman doesn't need to "pass" for a woman because she IS a woman orangu1 I can't even wrap my mind around this its so idiotic, it honestly deserves a WP in itself orangu1 

You obviously don't understand basic things like what passing privilege is. If you didn't think that looking like a man is degrading then you wouldn't threat me with WP. You're obviously bothered by the thought of your fave looking like a man, which is transphobic in itself.

I'll call her Janitor if you find it less offensive. orangu1 

Great to see Janet do so well this far into her career. Glad she's proved haters wrong.  antm1

Why the stan wars in this thread though? Janet has achieved a lot in her career just like Madonna, Mariah & Celine, and they have all been influential to many different artists over the years so I don't see the point of trying the drag any of them at this point.

I honestly love Unbreakable, so I'm not fussed about the total sales even though I'm still glad she's doing well  clap3 

As big of a Janitor as I used to be, Unbreakable is a snooze fest. Also, Janet is not a global superstar, nor is she remembered for any songs other than "Nasty" and maybe "Miss You Much".

I wouldn't shade the album that debuted with twice the sales of The Spirit Unbreakable ny5

but it wasnt blocked by a fucking TV SHOW soundtrack ny5 ny5 ny5 and it has been critically lauded and hailed as her comeback ny5 yet every time vadge tries to !!1112@@@@get with the kidzzz@@@ she is DRAGGEDT ny5

ZCOczXf.png

gS8hVSa.png

Mv3WXdx.png

4eVpCvO.png

s8tKvWZ.png

SR2thdN.png

vs.

JfoyU6U.png

lrP4jka.png

W7YSu4n.png

XkmPyux.png

ynfyyMt.png

Fossils can quote all the UK numbers they want, Janet's era remains garnering amazing press as she takes victory laps around her incredible legacy... Madge can continue to DESTROY hers eve1 

Edited by Jonna Lee
  • Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.