Vilppu

Honeymoon Megarate [Results in the 2nd post!]

15p4ggk.jpg
(Ugh, this is so ugly.)

Hi, it's your sweetheart, Vilppu, with my third mega (well not so mega this time) rate already. As I am the Lana Del Rey of megarates, you might remember my Born to Die smash hit era (Lana Del Rey • Discography Megarate) and my Ultraviolence type of commercial decline with quality improvement (Third Album Wonders '15). Now it's up to you - will Honeymoon Megarate be my... Honeymoon?

34gobqs.jpg

At first Honeymoon was supposed to be a reissue of Lana's previous studio album, Ultraviolence. However, the plans were scrapped in favor of releasing a completely new follow-up project. The longplay was recorded between 2014 and 2015 in The Green Building and Electric Lady Studios. It was produced by Lana herself and two of her longtime collaborators (Kieron Menzies, Rick Nowels). Sonically, it features influences of various musical genres, such as jazz, blues, trap or hip hop with many critics comparing it as a reminescent of Born to Die/Paradise. The lyrics on the record focus on tortured romance, bitterness, lust, drugs, escapism and violence.

Honeymoon received mostly positive reviews from music critics who praised its consistency, timelessness and Lana's vocal delivery. At the review aggregate website Metacritic, it has scored a 79 out of 100, based on 28 critics, which means "generally favourable reviews". The album debuted at number two on Billboard 200 with the sales of 105,000 copies and 116,000 with track equivalent albums and streaming equivalent albums. It also peaked within Top 10 in more than 20 countries.

2j3jrb7.jpg

23kvaq.jpg

Use this list to PM me:

Honeymoon -
Music to Watch Boys To -
Terrence Loves You -
God Knows I Tried -
High by the Beach -
Freak -
Art Deco -
Burnt Norton -
Religion -
Salvatore -
The Blackest Day -
24 -
Swan Song -
Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood -

keiwyc.jpg

• Listen to every song before you rate them.
  • Rate every track from 0 to 10. No 11s this time.
  • You are strongly encouraged to write comments about individual tracks or the album in general. I will reveal them during the countdown.
  • Decimals are allowed but only up to the first cipher. If you exceed that, I'll be rounding the scores down.
  • No trolling allowed. I know that it's hard to tell whether a ballot is trolling or not with only 14 tracks included, so let's say your average score needs to be above 4.5.
  • Every track must receive a score. Any ballot with skipped tracks will not be counted.
  • The deadline is October 24, 11 pm GMT. I know it's only a week but y'all probably know the album by heart now and those who do not, could even listen to two tracks every day and would still manage to complete it.

2060o68.jpg

33tmjbl.jpg

Nocturn
Kian Lawley
prettywhenicry
Reptile
Born This Way
Hunty Bear
Skyline
Venus XCX
Chris Pratt
Mystique
Mystic
Lachlan
Jake.
Devil Pray
BibiTotoLover
Jonna Lee
Carlos
Tampon
Andy
Salvatore
Cortez

smrqdv.jpg

14. Burnt Norton (Interlude)
13. High by the Beach
12. Honeymoon
11. 24
10. Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
9. Religion
8. God Knows I Tried
7. Terrence Loves You
6. Freak
5. Salvatore
4. Music to Watch Boys To
3. Swan Song
2. Art Deco
1. The Blackest Day

:( 

Well, there are just 14 songs included. But 0s are still a thing 'cause I enjoy a good dragging.

YYYYYAAAAAAASSSSSSSS KING @Vilppu IS DOING ANOTHER MEGARATE yas2 cry2 yas2cry2 yas2 cry2yas2 

I'll definitely be sending mine soon! demi1 xtina10 

Looking forward to your rates yas2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Replies 599
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.