Agugaga

Ariana Grande scores her first and hopefully only solo top ten hit!

14 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I mean good for her...she’ll need a bunch more tho to be on Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney level. Miley had a #1 hit too. rav2 

Well, Miley had more years in comparison with Ariana. She literally got her #1 after almost 10 years of making music (i think, it's somewhere there) but the thing is that Miley made a huge mistake by doing all the gimmicks she did and then being like "Oh, I just don't like that anymore, I've never been like that" thing she pulled when her last album dropped and everyone said thank u, next! 

Ariana's been consistent and growing bigger, and BIGGER with every era and 2018 really is an example of that. She's going from a huge era like "sweetener" and going to another big one which just gave her her first #1 single. I just don't see Ariana going down the way Miley did. That's the difference between them.

21 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I mean good for her...she’ll need a bunch more tho to be on Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney level. Miley had a #1 hit too. rav2 

lol which level are you stuck on and in which time zone? dead4

She' s way more commercially successful than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney today and she's still rising. Not to mention that she already has a stronger videography than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney, which include also a cameo with Madonna that is worthy much more than a local #1. Not everyone has THAT.moo6

1 hour ago, The One Beyond All said:

She' s way more commercially successful than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney today and she's still rising. Not to mention that she already has a stronger videography than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney, which include also a cameo with Madonna that is worthy much more than a local #1. Not everyone has THAT.moo6

I adore Ariana and am loving her output all around but what the actual fuck? No hun. Not even close (yet).  dead4

1 hour ago, Agugaga said:

At this point, she's the biggest star in music right now. Not something you can ever say for Xtina.

Everything else is arguable, but this is blatantly false dead2 Princesses' videography has only gotten good this era.

48 minutes ago, harry said:

I adore Ariana and am loving her output all around but what the actual fuck? No hun. Not even close (yet).  dead4

34 minutes ago, Jake said:

Everything else is arguable, but this is blatantly false dead2 Princesses' videography has only gotten good this era.

Her videography was already remarkable before this era thanks to many great videos such us Focus, Break Free, Problem, STS and One Last Time.kylie2
Sweetener simply placed her in the pantheon of the greatest pop eras in terms of mv. Her latest music videos are the most groundbreaking in terms of visuals, fashion and message since Madonna's ones.

In my humble opinion GIAW is the best music video of all time. dead0

You may argue that Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney have more videos, but let's not forget that quality>>>quantity nicki6

14 minutes ago, The One Beyond All said:

Her videography was already remarkable before this era thanks to many great videos such us Focus, Break Free, Problem, STS and One Last Time.kylie2
Sweetener simply placed her in the pantheon of the greatest pop eras in terms of mv. Her latest music videos are the most groundbreaking in terms of visuals, fashion and message since Madonna's ones.

In my humble opinion GIAW is the best music video of all time. dead0

You may argue that Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney have more videos, but let's not forget that quality>>>quantity nicki6

I think that Ariana still has a long way to go when it comes to music videos, you can't compare Judas / Telephone / John Wayne / Toxic / Womanizer / Work Bitch / Slave 4 U / Dirrty / California Girls / Chained to the Rhythm, etc to Problem / One Last Time / The Way, etc. Ariana just started getting better with her videography since "Dangerous Woman" (era, excluding obviously LMLY and DW single). The "sweetener" era has been FANTASTIC with music videos and this is a great sign that sis is just getting better and better. 

3 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

ny2ny2ny2ny2 And then 

dead2 When I realized you are serious. 

1 hour ago, FMKK said:

At this point, she's the biggest star in music right now. Not something you can ever say for Xtina.

2000 and 2003 according to Billboard, disagree with your deluded statement rav2 

Christina had 3 #1s in 1999-2000, Ari is just getting her first. nat2 

39 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

ny2ny2ny2ny2 And then 

dead2 When I realized you are serious. 

Did I lie?

She' s way more commercially successful than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney today: she has stronger chart presence, streams, popularity etc bey7

Sweetener era is as iconic as any Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney in terms of music videos bey7

Ariana had a cameo and multiple performance with the greatest musician alive bey7

I mean, cmon you mentioned me 4 singers, two of which are nostalgia acts and the other two who have failed to produce anything artistically innovative in ages.

Ariana has already surpassed their level artistically speaking thx to Sweetener and she's shaping the pop world as we speak. I hope that it will not take you another 3 years to see that. Have a good laugh for now lol1

Did I lie?

She' s way more commercially successful than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney today: she has stronger chart presence, streams, popularity etc bey7

Sweetener era is as iconic as any Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney in terms of music videos bey7

Ariana had a cameo and multiple performance with the greatest musician alive bey7

I mean, cmon you mentioned me 4 singers, two of which are nostalgia acts and the other two who have failed to produce anything artistically innovative in ages.

Ariana has already surpassed their level artistically speaking thx to Sweetener and she's shaping the pop world as we speak. I hope that it will not take you another 3 years to see that. Have a good laugh for now lol1

I think your confused. Nowhere in my original post did I say they were more popular than Ariana today. She is definetly the default pop star of the moment and she has no competition. But did she reach the heights of all the other girls who have sub sections on here, no. rav2 

And also I haven’t done much research on how she’s doing worldwide this year but Ariana is mostly local with the exception of Europe after the terrorist attack. She didn’t dominate globally like Britney during BOMT, Xtina during Stripped or Gaga during TFM. Hard facts. rav2 

31 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

I think your confused. Nowhere in my original post did I say they were more popular than Ariana today. She is definetly the default pop star of the moment and she has no competition. But did she reach the heights of all the other girls who have sub sections on here, no. rav2 

And also I haven’t done much research on how she’s doing worldwide this year but Ariana is mostly local with the exception of Europe after the terrorist attack. She didn’t dominate globally like Britney during BOMT, Xtina during Stripped or Gaga during TFM. Hard facts. rav2 

You acting like US forgot about the donut gate. cheryl1

Anyway Sweetener did dominate globally, overshadowing the Reputation Era. As you said, she has no competition and she got a legacy of her own now.  NTLTC was a worldwide smash #1 and all Sweetener singles showed huge longevity. Artistically speaking she reached an all new level of heights and while the success of Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney is mostly confined to those specific time periods in the past, Ariana keeps rising at exponential rate and she's coming back with a potentially bigger era. Her reign has just begun. She's about to stay. moo5

7 hours ago, The One Beyond All said:

Gaga is doing very well in 2018.

Subjective. ari8

6 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Christina had 3 #1s in 1999-2000, Ari is just getting her first. nat2 

Yes but 2 of them nobody knows, even i don't know the other two! 

Most people think Genie In A Bottle is a Britney song. 

On 11/9/2018 at 3:36 AM, I Brings That Levity said:

Yes but 2 of them nobody knows, even i don't know the other two! 

Most people think Genie In A Bottle is a Britney song. 

And I guarantee you people who think that probably only know Mariah as “the old lady with the Christmas song” so yea  rav2 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We got her Glitter instead ):

Oh the progress we've made, can't say the same about your fave tho 

lol which level are you stuck on and in which time zone?  She' s way more commercially successful than Gaga/Xtina/Katy/Britney today and she's still rising. Not to mention that she already has a

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.