Firdawsi

Kesha must record 8 albums w/ Luke if she wants out of deal

2 hours ago, DanceCommander said:

Kesha has had 10 top 10 hits and a dozen top 40 hits. Her Cannibal EP has a Metacritic score of 73 and Warrior has a score of 71. So she's been successful both on the charts and with critics. Carly Rae Jepsen had one major hit and one minor hit three years ago. Yet when she released her latest lead single I Really Like You radio picked it up and was playing it. Radio only dropped the song because it had atrocious callout scores. If radio gave Carly a chance after 3 years with only two hits, they'll definitely give Kesha who's had a dozen hits a chance. If the public reacts well to her next lead single, she'll easily come back. Her last 3 lead singles were hugely successful (two #1's and a #2 on the Hot 100) and she had a #1 hit just last year. She's in a good place if she can release in 2016. If the judge grants her injunction in January she'll be able to release a new song early next year. If this drags into 2017, it will get harder for her but it won't be impossible with the right song. 

I kinda get your point but it is not right to think of her as just a regular flop artist.Her status is way more messy.Plus she doesn't have the star power to make a triumphant return like Britney,Mariah etc.Literally EVERYONE has a chance to make it big with the right song,good PR and good management but the question is..who is going to clean up this mess? I really doubt she can easily find people who are willing to invest in her.

34 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

I kinda get your point but it is not right to think of her as just a regular flop artist.Her status is way more messy.Plus she doesn't have the star power to make a triumphant return like Britney,Mariah etc.Literally EVERYONE has a chance to make it big with the right song,good PR and good management but the question is..who is going to clean up this mess? I really doubt she can easily find people who are willing to invest in her.

I'd be surprised if other major labels wouldn't see her as a good investment when she's sold something like 60-70 million records.  

12 minutes ago, DanceCommander said:

I'd be surprised if other major labels wouldn't see her as a good investment when she's sold something like 60-70 million records.  

Only time will tell.God help her if she can't win her trial because people already question wheter her accusations are true or not.I really don't see anyone helping her unless she manages to send Dr.Luke behind bars.

2 minutes ago, P.O.P said:

Only time will tell.God help her if she can't win her trial because people already question wheter her accusations are true or not.I really don't see anyone helping her unless she manages to send Dr.Luke behind bars.

People always question women when they make allegations like this even though women very rarely lie about rape. This is a civil trial though, so Luke won't go to jail. He and Sony would probably have to pay her and the other women who have joined her lawsuit millions in compensation. 

8 hours ago, DanceCommander said:

According to the injunction request Kesha herself filed with a court two weeks ago, she has 3 more albums to record. Also according to that injunction request, when Luke sued Kesha for breach of contract he legally voided his contracts with her. Her lawyers are saying she'll likely win on the claim that the contracts were broken by Luke when the case goes to trial. I think her mom needs to try to stay calm until the judge makes a ruling on the injunction.   

Her mom is making this worse for her. brit2 

6 hours ago, DanceCommander said:

Kesha has had 10 top 10 hits and a dozen top 40 hits. Her Cannibal EP has a Metacritic score of 73 and Warrior has a score of 71. So she's been successful both on the charts and with critics. Carly Rae Jepsen had one major hit and one minor hit three years ago. Yet when she released her latest lead single I Really Like You radio picked it up and was playing it. Radio only dropped the song because it had atrocious callout scores. If radio gave Carly a chance after 3 years with only two hits, they'll definitely give Kesha who's had a dozen hits a chance. If the public reacts well to her next lead single, she'll easily come back. Her last 3 lead singles were hugely successful (two #1's and a #2 on the Hot 100) and she had a #1 hit just last year. She's in a good place if she can release in 2016. If the judge grants her injunction in January she'll be able to release a new song early next year. If this drags into 2017, it will get harder for her but it won't be impossible with the right song. 

Spill the tea. cry7 

51 minutes ago, Ginger Spice said:

There's no way in hell she was in a ten album deal, record labels would never have that much faith in any artist. Many artists don't even release that many albums. Didn't someone say she had three albums left in her contract? That sounds a lot more realistic.

I thought she had a 7 album contract  fall1 but idk orangu1