fab

Is Mariah Carey a one hit wonder?

lmfao1 Mariah's songs are more remembered than your faves and they were released decades ago. lmfao1 Fantasy, Vision of love, Always Be My Baby, Obsessed, One Sweet Day, Without You, We Belong Together, Touch My Body, Don't forget about us. Are all remembered songs boo. Just because you have flop taste doesn't mean the GP does. As far as her being a one hit wonder she is one of the artist with the most 1's. Not to mention she obtained them when it was harder to get number 1's and people had to go actually buy music. So it was rightfully earned. All of the songs were written and composed by her down to the melodies and she's far more talented then your fave. Who is struggling to maintain relevancy whilst Mariah has done so for over a decade. Bow down to a real queen when you see one and she's contributed more to music then outrageous outfits and try hard attempts to be oh so different. Mariah's resume and your faves resume can't even be compared. moo1 your fave aint shit 

3 hours ago, fab said:

Mariah Carey has had some impressive success in the 90s but unfortunately faded into irrelevancy after 2005. Looking back, there is really just one song in her discography that is well remembered by the public. That song is obviously the christmas smash "All I Want For Christmas Is You" and in fact I'm bopping to it right now demi1 

Her other work is pretty much forgotten & since she won't get another hit we can safely call her a one hit wonder tbh. Will she be completely forgotten after Katy snatches her christmas wig this holiday? 

Are you serious rn? oprah12oprah12

Mariah Classics like Hero, Vision of Love, Fantasy, Honey, We Belong Together, Touch My Body etc etc are STILL TALKED ABOUT TODAY 

She has 2 song of the Decades (1990s, 2000s), has 18 #1s, sold over 200 Million Records. 

Mariah invented the singing style all these young girls are singing today...her impact is legendary oprah11

And no ones snatching her Christmas crown. She is Mother Christmasum2

I really don't give a shit.I'm only 18 and I GREW UP knowing Mariah's music. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they have to listen to what's recent. 

All seventeen of her one-hit wonders (which is more than our own fave could dream) are plenty satisfying. 

Just now, 1997 said:

I really don't give a shit.I'm only 18 and I GREW UP knowing Mariah's music. Just because someone is young doesn't mean they have to listen to what's recent. 

All seventeen of her one-hit wonders (which is more than our own fave could dream) are plenty satisfying. 

Read ha xtina2 

Guys, calm the fuck down! clap1 

@fab is from Austria, he probably didn't know about her US #1's but lbr...did he lie when he said most of her hits are forgotten?

Can any of you, or in fact anyone at all list her 90's #1s? They were the most basic shit ever. Even JLo's remakes of her songs are more remembered.

Mariah is local. She never cracked the European market and most of her singles only did well due to payola from her husband. I, as a German pop fan who has been listening to pop music ever since I was very little can list exactly 4 songs: Hero, All I Want for Christmas & We Belong Together and Touch My Body.

16 hours ago, Arianas__Keeper said:

lmfao1 Mariah's songs are more remembered than your faves and they were released decades ago. lmfao1 Fantasy, Vision of love, Always Be My Baby, Obsessed, One Sweet Day, Without You, We Belong Together, Touch My Body, Don't forget about us. Are all remembered songs boo. Just because you have flop taste doesn't mean the GP does. As far as her being a one hit wonder she is one of the artist with the most 1's. Not to mention she obtained them when it was harder to get number 1's and people had to go actually buy music. So it was rightfully earned. All of the songs were written and composed by her down to the melodies and she's far more talented then your fave. Who is struggling to maintain relevancy whilst Mariah has done so for over a decade. Bow down to a real queen when you see one and she's contributed more to music then outrageous outfits and try hard attempts to be oh so different. Mariah's resume and your faves resume can't even be compared. moo1 your fave aint shit 

Sis, most of her singles are unheard of outside of the markets she was always slaying. Her WW smashes are really just a small fraction of her #1 hits. rip1 

33 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Guys, calm the fuck down! clap1 

@fab is from Austria, he probably didn't know about her US #1's but lbr...did he lie when he said most of her hits are forgotten?

Can any of you, or in fact anyone at all list her 90's #1s? They were the most basic shit ever. Even JLo's remakes of her songs are more remembered.

Mariah is local. She never cracked the European market and most of her singles only did well due to payola from her husband. I, as a German pop fan who has been listening to pop music ever since I was very little can list exactly 4 songs: Hero, All I Want for Christmas & We Belong Together and Touch My Body.

You know more songs than that.

also, her music is one thing, but she's critically acclaimed WW and known everywhere as one of the best vocalists to ever live. She will never be forgotten.

17 minutes ago, KING TITO said:

You know more songs than that.

also, her music is one thing, but she's critically acclaimed WW and known everywhere as one of the best vocalists to ever live. She will never be forgotten.

Actually, no...not since I put myself through listening to her #1s collection. rip1 And even after listening to it I can name maybe 2 or 3 more.

I'm not doubting that. She was one of the greatest vocalists and critically acclaimed and will always be remembered for that. However, that doesn't take away the fact that most of her singles are forgotten. She really just didn't bring much to the table, musically beside her vocals which are phenomenal.

1 minute ago, Salvatore said:

Actually, no...not since I put myself through listening to her #1s collection. rip1 And even after listening to it I can name maybe 2 or 3 more.

I'm not doubting that. She was one of the greatest vocalists and critically acclaimed and will always be remembered for that. However, that doesn't take away the fact that most of her singles are forgotten. She really just didn't bring much to the table, musically beside her vocals which are phenomenal.

brit14brit14brit14

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariah Carey has had some impressive success in the 90s but unfortunately faded into irrelevancy after 2005. Looking back, there is really just one song in her discography that is well remembered by t

There's dragging, and there's dragging yourself. I think you're doing the latter.  

honestly she's local. all of her hits are forgotten and AIWFCIY is totally local. 

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.