Firdawsi

Desperate man, 30, needs date for Taylor's concert

If you're single or just after a new best friend, and also happen to be a fan of Taylor Swift — you're in luck. Norwegian man and Sydney resident, Marius Larsen, needs a date to take to a Taylor Swift concert when she tours down under in November.

"I’m desperate and confused in a country far away from home. Giving away a free ticket to a Taylor Swift concert," reads the description of the video.

Larsen says in the video that friends gave him the tickets as a farewell gift after they saw him "singing and dancing" to the pop artist back home in Norway. "Their idea was I could bring my new girl, or my new best friend that I would meet in Australia."

Larsen moved to Sydney two months ago for work, explaining in the video that he couldn't find anyone to take along.

Since the video was posted, he told Mashable Australia his luck might be changing. "I have had a couple of people contact me, so it looks like this could get a happy ending."

There's still time however: "I haven't had time to look through it yet, but hopefully there will be someone among them that I can bring to the concert."

One of these tickets could be yours

taylor-swift-tickets

Asked about his ideal date, Larsen is after a "regular person, who doesn't need to be a Taylor Swift superfan."

He concedes that he's not an "extremely dedicated Taylor Swift superfan," but thinks "she is a really good pop artist. Especially "when the 'Shake It Off' song came out I really enjoyed it, so my friends obviously believed I was a huge fan."

Larsen is "looking for a positive person, who enjoys life, and maybe a beer now and then."

What happens if he can't find the right date? Larsen says he "came here together with three Norwegian colleagues" but has been told by his friends that he isn't allowed to give any of the tickets to them. If he does it, "it would be a defeat."

"But if I don't find anyone, I might have to go back to this backup solution."

The Taylor Swift concert tickets are for Nov. 28 — so if you're keen you can hit him up on Facebook or email here.

X