Slasher

Ariana, Meghan, and Who Is Fancy Perform "Boys Like You" on DWTS

mgid:uma:image:mtv.com:11112621?quality=

The trio brought the super infectious pop song to life in a highly energetic, and flirty, performance during the Season 21 finale of “Dancing With The Stars.” 

And if you’re thinking this collaboration is super random, it actually totally makes sense since these three go way back. Who Is Fancy opened for Ari on the Honeymoon Tour and he met Meghan when she was 19 in Nashville.

“When he came to me with the song I was so excited!,” Meghan told Genius of the collaboration. “I don’t usually cut songs that I don’t write, but Fancy’s writing skills are too good! All of my songwriting friends got to watch my dreams come true this past year, so it’s amazing getting to watch my friend’s dream come true, and literally having the opportunity to be a part of it.”

And Who Is Fancy, who is managed by Scooter Braun, is still in a state of disbelief that these two pop stars have joined him on his latest single.

“Meeting Ariana, I was sooooo nervous. I mean.. can you imagine being in the room while that girl sings into a mic? Like, it’s you and her and two other people? It was surreal! I think anyone would yell and be excited about her adding that voice to their track,” he said. “I don’t remember what I was saying at the time —’cause I blacked out. She’s the realllll deal. Meghan, too! It’s really just an insane amount of talent between the two of them.”

And with lyrics like “I break every one of them with boys like you/ My oh my, doing what I always do/ Yeah I’m crossing every line to get to boys like you,” it’s no wonder Ariana is “blushing” while singing the song.

“Recording this was so much fun because [Fancy] has the most enthusiastic attitude. He was yelling positive and exciting remarks from the studio,” Ari said. “But he also has an incredible ear — his musicality is just as impressive as his spirit. He always makes me laugh.”

Watch the performance here.

Just now, Cortez said:

mgid:uma:image:mtv.com:11112621?quality=

The trio brought the super infectious pop song to life in a highly energetic, and flirty, performance during the Season 21 finale of “Dancing With The Stars.” 

And if you’re thinking this collaboration is super random, it actually totally makes sense since these three go way back. Who Is Fancy opened for Ari on the Honeymoon Tour and he met Meghan when she was 19 in Nashville.

“When he came to me with the song I was so excited!,” Meghan told Genius of the collaboration. “I don’t usually cut songs that I don’t write, but Fancy’s writing skills are too good! All of my songwriting friends got to watch my dreams come true this past year, so it’s amazing getting to watch my friend’s dream come true, and literally having the opportunity to be a part of it.”

And Who Is Fancy, who is managed by Scooter Braun, is still in a state of disbelief that these two pop stars have joined him on his latest single.

“Meeting Ariana, I was sooooo nervous. I mean.. can you imagine being in the room while that girl sings into a mic? Like, it’s you and her and two other people? It was surreal! I think anyone would yell and be excited about her adding that voice to their track,” he said. “I don’t remember what I was saying at the time —’cause I blacked out. She’s the realllll deal. Meghan, too! It’s really just an insane amount of talent between the two of them.”

And with lyrics like “I break every one of them with boys like you/ My oh my, doing what I always do/ Yeah I’m crossing every line to get to boys like you,” it’s no wonder Ariana is “blushing” while singing the song.

“Recording this was so much fun because [Fancy] has the most enthusiastic attitude. He was yelling positive and exciting remarks from the studio,” Ari said. “But he also has an incredible ear — his musicality is just as impressive as his spirit. He always makes me laugh.”

Watch the performance here.

Yess!