single acclaim low

touring and overall performance pre breakdown high - post low

voice - low

music video - average to high

Maybe above Katy, but that would be generous sha1 

33 minutes ago, Infrared said:

Taking into account

Vocal Performance acclaim

Overall / General Performance acclaim (i.e dancing, entertainment)

Album acclaim

Single acclaim

Touring acclaim

Music Video acclaim

Side projects outside of music (acting, etc)

My list

1. Madonna

2. Lady Gaga

3. Taylor Swift

4. Christina 

5. Rihanna

6. Lana Del Rey

7. Katy

8. Britney

9. Ke$ha

What is your list rav1 

You placed Lana above Britney? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? 

Vocals: Lana - average, she isn't a good live singer, vocals are uncontrolled and pitchy to no end. Britney - low - what vocals? eve1 

Overall performance - Lana - low - probably the worst performer on the list lbr. Britney - high - she is REKNOWN for her performances. Even if in recent years her standards have dropped, it doesn't erase the acclaim she had in her peak.

Album acclaim / Single acclaim - Lana wins, but let's not forget Blackout is listed on RS's Hall of Fame. rav1

Touring acclaim - Does Lana even have a tour?  eve1

Music Video - Britney - HIGH HIGH HIGH. clap1  Britney's videos are iconic, what even? brit4 BOMT, Oops, Toxic - A trinity of legendary MVs. When will Lana? rav1 

Side projects - Does Lana have side projects? interesting1

3 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

y'all are fucking dumb, kesha's albums are at 71 and 73 and her tours and concerts have been widely praised F- try again tomorrow

you call tragic singing and messy ass glitter performances acclaimed ny4

sis has barely any nominations for any major award show ny6 

album is cute, but this is overall. 

4 minutes ago, Infrared said:

you call tragic singing and messy ass glitter performances acclaimed ny4

sis has barely any nominations for any major award show ny6 

album is cute, but this is overall. 

aka your opinion? sorry booboo but 99% of warrior tour reviews have been nothing but positive, she's a highly respected writer and works with rock legends, nothing compared to the critical lashes the likes of Shitty have been receiving

7 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

aka your opinion? sorry booboo but 99% of warrior tour reviews have been nothing but positive, she's a highly respected writer and works with rock legends, nothing compared to the critical lashes the likes of Shitty have been receiving

my opinion. It's common knowledge her stuff gets continuously unrecognized during award season dead4 

You're giving my opinions and im presenting facts. 

24 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You placed Lana above Britney? HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? 

Vocals: Lana - average, she isn't a good live singer, vocals are uncontrolled and pitchy to no end. Britney - low - what vocals? eve1 

Overall performance - Lana - low - probably the worst performer on the list lbr. Britney - high - she is REKNOWN for her performances. Even if in recent years her standards have dropped, it doesn't erase the acclaim she had in her peak.

Album acclaim / Single acclaim - Lana wins, but let's not forget Blackout is listed on RS's Hall of Fame. rav1

Touring acclaim - Does Lana even have a tour?  eve1

Music Video - Britney - HIGH HIGH HIGH. clap1  Britney's videos are iconic, what even? brit4 BOMT, Oops, Toxic - A trinity of legendary MVs. When will Lana? rav1 

Side projects - Does Lana have side projects? interesting1

now hunty you know you will not try to argue vocals as a Britney stan lmfao1 

Lana now is lightyears ahead of Britney performing. Her early days might give her an edge on this one.

But even so

It's 3 (vocals, albums, single) to 3 (music videos, touring, overall)

and Lana is stronger in the categories she owns, especially as a writer.

9 minutes ago, Infrared said:

now hunty you know you will not try to argue vocals as a Britney stan lmfao1 

Lana now is lightyears ahead of Britney performing. Her early days might give her an edge on this one.

But even so

It's 3 (vocals, albums, single) to 3 (music videos, touring, overall)

and Lana is stronger in the categories she owns, especially as a writer.

THE DELUSION. rip3 

I can argue vocals as a Mariah and Bjork stan honey. Lana's vocals aren't SHIT. But didn't I give Lana the win on vocals or do you have reading comprehension issues? rav1

and NO WAY IN HELL is Britney's early days just giving "her an edge on this one". rip2 ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? I'M HAVING A MELTDOWN HERE. lmfao1  Britney has NUMEROUS iconic performances from VMAs to Tour performances to ABC specials to Award shows, etc. She performed at the Superbowl. Can you even IMAGINE Lana at the Superbowl? lmfao1 

Britney - TOURING slaughters Lana. Performances SLAUGHTER Lana. MVs SLAUGHTERS Lana.

Lana has a SLIGHT edge on Album acclaim and when it comes to Single acclaim, I'd daresay that Britney has just as many well received singles as Lana does, plus she has iconic ones that Lana doesn't. So Lana only get the edge on this. clap1 

rav1 And THAT'S THE WAY IT IS. rav1 

2 hours ago, Infrared said:

Her album acclaim is low

single acclaim low

touring and overall performance pre breakdown high - post low

voice - low

music video - average to high

Maybe above Katy, but that would be generous sha1 

Excuse me? 

Albums - Not when Blackout and ITZ exist... plus her early albums helped shape the landscape of pop in the early milleniums

Single - please tell me how Britney's pop hits aren't considered some of the best and classics of the genre? BOMT, Toxic, OIDIA especially

Performance - shit even now she's a better performer/dancer than MOST of the other girls listed 

Voice - sure she doesn't have a strong voice (she was never marketed that way) but it is still distinct and pretty perfect for pop music 

Music video - gorl her videos shit on most of these girls.

Don't be a hater. 

Kesha's respected by critics and rock stars. Her Metacritic career score of 66 is higher than Katy's (53), Gaga's (65), Xtina's (58), Britney's (62). She's just one point below Rihanna and 3 points below Lana. And she's been praised for her vocals.

"Ke$ha not only played her hometown's most hallowed stage for the first time, but she showed the crowd she can actually, really sing – belting out pitch-perfect, glass-shattering notes atypical of her speak-singing, gutter-chic electropop."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/wayne-coyne-ke-ha-join-ben-folds-five-in-nashville-20120918

Bob Ezrin who's produced for rock legends like Pink Floyd and Lou Reed said

"Ke$ha is one of the most talented singers I have ever worked with – and she is more than that: she’s a real artist. In our business, this is rare and must always be celebrated and allowed to flourish"

http://thefutureheart.com/2013/09/23/free-kesha/

Alice Cooper called Kesha a rock singer.

"I met (Ke$ha) at the Grammys," says Cooper, "and I immediately looked at her and went, 'This girl is not a pop diva. She's a rock singer.' She would much rather be the female Robert Plant than the next Britney Spears."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/467773/alice-cooper-welcomes-keha-to-his-nightmare-this-girl-is-not-a-pop-diva

Lydia Loveless a very respected indie artist who did a country rock cover of Kesha's song Blind said

"I love Kesha because she seems like a really rad chick and great songwriter that maybe got pushed around by too many old white men."

http://www.spin.com/2014/04/lydia-loveless-kesha-blind-cover/

I could go on and on. I think a lot of people assume that Kesha's not respected but she really is. 

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.