Americunt

Kerli | Shadow Works | February 22nd, 2019

4 hours ago, BlueBalls said:

Mr.SuicideSheep is probably all we are going to get xtina6

She better do a few performances and it better not be Estonia only dead4 Btw, the second single is dropping mid-January and that's when Estonia is choosing their Eurovision representative so, fingers crossed yas1

Oh wait they didn't submit anything. Slut dead4

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estonia_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest_2019#Competing_entries

So, we can basically confirm we only have 8 full english songs, so disappointing waiting so long for this. Shadow Works seems to be just an outro with no lyrics, then we have the intro and an interlude. And "Tuleloits" which is in Estonian. OMG, I want my money back.

1. Where The Dark Things Are
  2. Giving Up The Ghost
  3. Better
  4. Savages
  5. Everybody Bleeds The Same
  6. One
  7. Mimicry
  8. Tuleloits
  9. Legends

Kinda feeling indifferent towards this album. Overall it's a very cohesive body of work, indeed a dark one and has a flow. However, I can't help but think that the sound is very outdated by now, the whole 'build up and then a drop' thing died in like 2016 or something nicki5 I mean, I like it and I will listen to it, but I feel like it will remain at the bottom of her discography (Utopia > LID > SW). 

Gotta say that WTDTA is definitely one of her best. It's like Diamond Hard, but much darker and it goes OFF shock1 Maybe Top 5 of her discography shock1 The only bad song is Legends and Mimicry is okay. The rest are all great yas1

That is my ranking btw, and I don't think it will change much considering it's a pretty short album. I didn't get a thing in Tuleloits, but LOVE the horror sounds it has. Would've definitely been higher if it was in English.

The interludes are all basically the same thing tho nicki5 They sound very angelic, but there was no need of 3 nicki5

2 minutes ago, Freaky Prince said:
  1. Where The Dark Things Are
  2. Giving Up The Ghost
  3. Better
  4. Savages
  5. Everybody Bleeds The Same
  6. One
  7. Mimicry
  8. Tuleloits
  9. Legends

Nnn, my ranking is almost the opposite of this. dead2

1. Mimicry
2. Everybody Bleeds the Same
3. Tuleloits
4. Legends
5. Savages
6. One
7. Better
8. Where the Dark Things Are
9. Giving Up the Ghost

I thought the album was not great on the whole and really suffered from her choice to do so many staccato parts in the vocals. It made the project as a whole lack any real dynamism and just felt like the same thing over and over. By the second half, I was really over the sound she chose for this album. Tuleloits has far and away the best instrumental on this whole project and really should've been the sonic direction she chose to go in instead of this boring EDM-lite. I guess I'm not surprised, since the latter two singles from the pre-album era were both similar enough to the album sonically that they wouldn't feel out of place. Still disappointing, though.

1 minute ago, Americunt said:

Nnn, my ranking is almost the opposite of this. dead2

1. Mimicry
2. Everybody Bleeds the Same
3. Tuleloits
4. Legends
5. Savages
6. One
7. Better
8. Where the Dark Things Are
9. Giving Up the Ghost

I thought the album was not great on the whole and really suffered from her choice to do so many staccato parts in the vocals. It made the project as a whole lack any real dynamism and just felt like the same thing over and over. By the second half, I was really over the sound she chose for this album. Tuleloits has far and away the best instrumental on this whole project and really should've been the sonic direction she chose to go in instead of this boring EDM-lite. I guess I'm not surprised, since the latter two singles from the pre-album era were both similar enough to the album sonically that they wouldn't feel out of place. Still disappointing, though.

WTDTA being second last in actual homophobia nicki5