Americunt

Kerli | Shadow Works | February 22nd, 2019

um so I actually liked it more than I expected! admittedly a little dated but the only things I disliked were Where the Dark Things Are, Better('s cop-out beat drop), some parts of Legends, and Tuleloit's interminable length nicki5 Mimicry, Savages, Everybody Bleeds the Same and One won! the first half is MUCH stronger than the second

13 hours ago, Urbanov said:

It’s not my fault you prefer basic cuts... nicki5 your avatar is quite telling too 

go off nicki5 

1. Mimicry
  2. Savages
  3. Everybody Bleeds the Same
  4. One
  5. Giving Up the Ghost
  6. Better (would be higher with a different chorus)
  7. Tuleloits
  8. Legends
  9. Where the Dark Things Are (crucify me!)

and that's that brit9 

I'm waiting for the physical album to arrive home in order to listen to it. The pledgemusic users are supposed to get the physical album during the coming weeks... No idea if they shipped it yet though, doesn't seem like it.

She said yesterday on instagram the booklet has lyrics and a translation of "Tuleloits". Also said her favorite songs are Mimicry and Giving Up the Ghost. The latter was hard for her to finish and tried it from scratch like 5 times. She also said her 2016 singles were scrapped because "that music was out of my system and wanted to give you a completely new project" I guess I will still use Diamond Hard and Blossom in the album since I feel like they could fit pretty well. Don't know about Feral Hearts, it might be too luminous, I guess.

Well, I know she said she wouldn't release another album and this is supposed to be the last one, but considering her amazing photoshoots and ideas, I would love another one revolving the forest. I know that's what the scrapped 2016 album was meant to be, but I hope she considers it, the visuals would be stunning. At least we got "Feral Hearts". But anyway, she said she prefer to release EP's from now on, which I'm not that fan of to be honest. But she might change her mind about albums, we know her. I hope so.

A dark album was also needed from her though, so I'm glad we got it. Can't wait to listen to it.

She showed the other day the booklet. It comes with 22 pages, with lots of photos and all the lyrics. It looked pretty dope to be honest. She is sending the albums this week to all who pledged. Excited to have mine.

She is going to announce soon when the physicals will be available for the rest of the world, though.

Just got the album this week. Booklet is amazing as you can see down below.

I liked the album, but feel there's few content for so many years waiting for it, especially since I didn't like three of the songs very much. "Legends" is a bit generic, "Tuleloits" it's just something I only see myself playing once, it was quite interesting, but that's about it. Then, I expected way more of "Where the Dark Things Are" since everybody on her instagram was claiming it was the best song and it needed a video. I find it quite a mess, really noisy. 

My favorites are, in order: "Better", "One" and "Giving Up the Ghost", then "Mimicry", "Everybody Bleeds the Same" and "Savages". I also think the previous three singles quite fit into the album and I ended up with this tracklisting, which I personally think it's way better:

1. The Opening of the Way (Intro)
2. Feral Hearts
3. Mimicry
4. Everybody Bleeds the Same
5. Savages
6. One
7. Blossom
8. Diamond Hard
9. Better
10. Giving Up The Ghost
11. Shadow Works (Outro)

She posted on her instagram "more new magic in 2020" so I'm expecting more music coming next year.

I was watching some of her promo videos from her last scrapped album "Deepest Roots" and man, I wish she could reconsider doing another nature wood-like album like that one.

The visual for "Feral Hearts" are her best one yet, probably the best video I've seen in my life. An album and booklet inspired by the magical and fairytale forests on her country would be absolutely stunning. Really wishing her next proyect will be like that. And the sounds she created were out of this world, I gotta say I liked way more this creative direction she took than what she did on "Shadow Works" (still good though).

The song starting on 7:20 is super magical:

1 hour ago, BlueBalls said:

She posted on her instagram "more new magic in 2020" so I'm expecting more music coming next year.

I was watching some of her promo videos from her last scrapped album "Deepest Roots" and man, I wish she could reconsider doing another nature wood-like album like that one.

The visual for "Feral Hearts" are her best one yet, probably the best video I've seen in my life. An album and booklet inspired by the magical and fairytale forests on her country would be absolutely stunning. Really wishing her next proyect will be like that. And the sounds she created were out of this world, I gotta say I liked way more this creative direction she took than what she did on "Shadow Works" (still good though).

The song starting on 7:20 is super magical:

Shadow Works was shit lbr except for like 2 songs.

The 2016 singles shit on whole Shadow Works album 

Also  I didnt know it was supposed to be called like that?

7 hours ago, Freaky Prince said:

Shadow Works was shit lbr except for like 2 songs.

The 2016 singles shit on whole Shadow Works album 

Also  I didnt know it was supposed to be called like that?

Yes, I have the EP she gave to all fans who pledge for the album. If you put it on a computer, it has "Deepest Roots" tagged on the songs. That was the tentative album title. Which is amazing. I'm really curious about that album, it looked super promising. Hope it leaks (almost all her material did, lol) or she does a similar project in the near future.

About "Shadow Works", I agree with you on that, her 2016 singles had more quality. Still, I enjoy the album though I expected more. But there's gems on it like "Mimicry", "One", "Better" or "Giving up the Ghost".

13 minutes ago, BlueBalls said:

Yes, I have the EP she gave to all fans who pledge for the album. If you put it on a computer, it has "Deepest Roots" tagged on the songs. That was the tentative album title. Which is amazing. I'm really curious about that album, it looked super promising. Hope it leaks (almost all her material did, lol) or she does a similar project in the near future.

About "Shadow Works", I agree with you on that, her 2016 singles had more quality. Still, I enjoy the album though I expected more. But there's gems on it like "Mimicry", "One", "Better" or "Giving up the Ghost".

I only claim Savages, WTDTA and Better bey7