SkullDrag

Told y'all, people my age dont know Madonna's "classics"

7 hours ago, Gabe. said:

ex fucking actly. i understand not liking her music/loathing her personality/both but denying her accomplishments and influence repeatedly is just pure delusion not worth paying attention to

This, period.

11 hours ago, SkullDrag said:

Told y'all, people my age dont know Madonna's "classics".

No. Madonna is just irrelevant to my generation. No one but gays care about her. 

1. People of your age probably don't know the capital city of the country they live in. eve1

2. Teens aren't the only people on earth who listen to music. Teens don't know who Britbot is. What's your point? rav2

11 hours ago, Gilly said:

I don't think the 3rd world phags here understand that hagdonna is irrelevant to anyone who isn't gay or 6 feet from the coffin rip2 i literally didnt know any hag song until i joined FOTP 

And Gaga is relevant to starlight people? Dick, meat dress and stealing made her interesting in the beginning, but nobody cares anymore. Why do you think she didn't make pop music lately? eve1

People aren't supposed to know every artist, especially from age 1. Do you really think that every teen knows who Gaga is or heard her name? Those who know are probably gay, the same lame excuse constantly applied to Madonna stans.

Have a seat.

sass1

Disregarding all the little shades and the kis, this was actually incredibly interesting. I only knew Physical and Like a Prayer from the 80s (although I'd hear Come On Eileen), and I knew I Want It That Way and One Sweet Day from the 90s (although I'd heard of two others (Basketcase and Bathtub whatever it was called). Funnily I only knew Bad Blood, Uptown Funk and Elastic Heart from modern music though. I was able to guess a few other titles from what the lyrics were though; and I guess one was Drake and Kanye based off their voices. 

It's interesting to see that more parents knew Sia, than teens did Madonna. Obviously the sample is too small to base any decisions, but that does maybe say parents are more in touch with modern music than we thought. Here's the modern one btw:

12 hours ago, SkullDrag said:

This would NEVER happen to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, Time After Time or even True Colors rav2 

Oh please, people your age probably think True Colors is a Phil Collins song and have no idea that Girls just wanna have fun is a cover. Sit down    aretha1

No. Madonna is just irrelevant to my generation. No one but gays care about her. 

Not only are you ignorant but also delusional. Do you really believe any of them would know who Janet Jackson was, let alone any of her songs? eve1 

Worst part is: By the time the next generation reaches that age, Britney won't be any less irrelevant to them. They will probably not know a single song of hers either. Madonna, however already has legendary status. Most of her hits are classics that have managed to stay remembered through more than just one generation.

Besides that, Madonna has never been as popular in the states as she was anywhere else. The US have always been more keen on RnB/Soul like Whitney, MJ, Janet and Mariah. Pop has only recently gotten ahead of it.

I have under 800 posts here, the one who is here 24/7 to escape reality is you and your thousand upon thousands of posts ny6 

And NO ONE but 80's ppl know Mandonna's music. Deal with it boo ny6 

Yes, and until recently you had a rep of negative 130 or something. nat1 

You're clearly spending too much time trolling in here instead of making quality posts. But I get it...The activity in Britney's section is comparable to that in Wasteland and Janet (your Madonna replacement) doesn't have a real section.

No wonder you're pressedT as fuck. 

2 hours ago, RihannaRTT said:

Disregarding all the little shades and the kis, this was actually incredibly interesting. I only knew Physical and Like a Prayer from the 80s (although I'd hear Come On Eileen), and I knew I Want It That Way and One Sweet Day from the 90s (although I'd heard of two others (Basketcase and Bathtub whatever it was called). Funnily I only knew Bad Blood, Uptown Funk and Elastic Heart from modern music though. I was able to guess a few other titles from what the lyrics were though; and I guess one was Drake and Kanye based off their voices. 

It's interesting to see that more parents knew Sia, than teens did Madonna. Obviously the sample is too small to base any decisions, but that does maybe say parents are more in touch with modern music than we thought. Here's the modern one btw:

The Taylor Swift one dead1

"Man, that girl can sing!"
"Taylor, Swiftly leave our world"

dead1dead1dead1 

5 hours ago, Ultra Blue said:

Oh please, people your age probably think True Colors is a Phil Collins song and have no idea that Girls just wanna have fun is a cover. Sit down    aretha1

Pretty sure even fewer people know his version than Cyndi's tho. jj2

13 hours ago, Last Midnight said:

The nerve of a Britney stan calling Madonna irrelevant when Madonna can fill up stadiums touring for a flop album while the Tin Woman and her rusty knees are stuck in Vegas. ny2

Well us teens know who Britney is unlike Hag!

13 hours ago, Last Midnight said:

The nerve of a Britney stan calling Madonna irrelevant when Madonna can fill up stadiums touring for a flop album while the Tin Woman and her rusty knees are stuck in Vegas. ny2

• photo-38092.gif
7 hours ago, Nocturn said:

And Gaga is relevant to starlight people? Dick, meat dress and stealing made her interesting in the beginning, but nobody cares anymore. Why do you think she didn't make pop music lately? eve1

People aren't supposed to know every artist, especially from age 1. Do you really think that every teen knows who Gaga is or heard her name? Those who know are probably gay, the same lame excuse constantly applied to Madonna stans.

Have a seat.

sass1

Did you really try to argue this dead2 

She's not some ancient relic like fossil. Literally if you bring up Gaga, someone could tell you who she is right away rip2 

The delusion.

4 hours ago, Gilly said:
  • photo-38092.gif

Can Tove Lo even draw the crowds Weaknee or Reba draw in Vegas tho? ny6 Nice try, come back when your fave has the second most platinum albums by a female artist in history.

5 hours ago, SkullDrag said:

Well us teens know who Britney is unlike Hag!

Yeah, they know her as a hasbeen who's best years are far behind her. ny6

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least the producers played a Madonna song sis.   PLAY THEM A JANET SONG, I SWEAR TO GOD   

who said that vogue was one of the songs i knew before i joined fotp? i literally dont remember any of the songs she sang at that concert because it was fucking shit  i dont think uve ever heard that

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.