Jump to content
Moist Megatron

Sugababes

Recommended Posts

tumblr_static_bdz6bboyuq8844sogs4s0wgks.

The Sugababes/MKS are a British GirlGroup. They were really popular back in the 00's and released 7 albums. In the UK they scored 2#1 albums and 6#1 singles.

 

The current line up is the line up they started with: Keisha Buchanan, Mutya Buena and Siobhan Donaghy. In the past they had lots of trouble with members leaving and getting new ones. Heidi Range, Amelle Berrabah and Jade Ewen were also a part of the Sugababes.

 

Discuss them here!

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Best girl band ever cry5

Angels and Three are simply stunning and no other girl group had the edge, vision and artistry they had during their peak.

 

 

Ikr? I dont think LM is gonna archieve what the Sugbabes have archieved.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ItsDirkje said:

Ikr? I dont think LM is gonna archieve what the Sugbabes have archieved.

That's out of question tho. Sugababes were #2 most successful act of 00s in UK (behind Robbie Williams), and don;t let me start on music

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

25 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Best girl band ever cry5

Angels and Three are simply stunning and no other girl group had the edge, vision and artistry they had during their peak.

 

 

Yassss stan for Angels with Dirty Faces omg! yas2

 

I need to review that album soon. yas1

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

 

Yassss stan for Angels with Dirty Faces omg! yas2

 

I need to review that album soon. yas1

I just can't believe how young they were but their music was so mature and so hip, like uk garage meets pop, they were so edgy

 

Round Round was probably my favorite song of 2002 along with Kiss Kiss moo1

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

I just can't believe how young they were but their music was so mature and so hip, like uk garage meets pop, they were so edgy

 

Round Round was probably my favorite song of 2002 along with Kiss Kiss moo1

 

Yas omg stan for Holly. yas2

 

I always felt that Angels was like another version of Stripped (let's not get into the whole plagiarism claims thing at the time laughcry1) but the album being so urban and so sexual feels like it's Stripped's cousin. Both classic coming of age albums. aretha1

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Well I'm not sure if that's legal  oprah8

I think it's idiotic for the label to stop them from using the name cos wtf are they (the label) doing with the name? Nothing! ew1

 

If Sugababes returns to the scene, this means more sales for their old catalog = money for the old label. They don't want money? awk1

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

Yas omg stan for Holly. yas2

 

I always felt that Angels was like another version of Stripped (let's not get into the whole plagiarism claims thing at the time laughcry1) but the album being so urban and so sexual feels like it's Stripped's cousin. Both classic coming of age albums. aretha1

Holly was my first fave yas2

 

Oh yeah I totally forgot that Xtina sampled them sia2  yeah, i agree, it's sexy and coming of age that applies to all generations 

 

9 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

I think it's idiotic for the label to stop them from using the name cos wtf are they (the label) doing with the name? Nothing! ew1

 

If Sugababes returns to the scene, this means more sales for their old catalog = money for the old label. They don't want money? awk1

Well I think they are still earning money from their name and they probably hope they can relaunch Sugababes, or they just don't wanna give it up to Keisha because they dropped her from group/label and left on bad terms

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My fav Holly songs:

 

2 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Holly was my first fave yas2

 

Oh yeah I totally forgot that Xtina sampled them sia2  yeah, i agree, it's sexy and coming of age that applies to all generations 

 

Well I think they are still earning money from their name and they probably hope they can relaunch Sugababes, or they just don't wanna give it up to Keisha because they dropped her from group/label and left on bad terms

 

 

Didn't all 3 of them leave on bad terms tho? At least Mutya did too I remember. oprah8

 

 

Xtina never sampled them, it was a whole other song just major similarities in the melody, the fact that it's a rock song and some effects on her voice and things throughout the song. I honestly think Linda didn't do it on purpose. I'm a songwriter too and I find myself "stealing" songs and not even knowing it sometimes. Like usually a melody is stuck in your head and u sing lyrics to it and u create the song, then after a while u realize where that melody came from. aretha1 I'm still pissed they left Make Over out of the DVD. One of my favs. antm1

 

Now Gaga's situation with BTW was the opposite, there's a reason why she was so defensive about it. eve1

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, H.O.N.E.Y said:

My fav Holly songs:

 

Didn't all 3 of them leave on bad terms tho? At least Mutya did too I remember. oprah8

 

 

Xtina never sampled them, it was a whole other song just major similarities in the melody, the fact that it's a rock song and some effects on her voice and things throughout the song. I honestly think Linda didn't do it on purpose. I'm a songwriter too and I find myself "stealing" songs and not even knowing it sometimes. Like usually a melody is stuck in your head and u sing lyrics to it and u create the song, then after a while u realize where that melody came from. aretha1 I'm still pissed they left Make Over out of the DVD. One of my favs. antm1

 

Now Gaga's situation with BTW was the opposite, there's a reason why she was so defensive about it. eve1

Well they did, Siobhan ran during a concert, Mutya left 'to focus on her family' and secretly signed solo deal, Keisha was thrown out. We need Lifetime movie about Sugababes tbh eve1

 

Well Sugababes won lawsuit and on future pressings of Stripped they got credited,  so maybe she sampled them after all. Overload was big hit in early 00s and it's not like Xtina or Linda never went to UK or Europe to hear it

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't find a topic for legendary Sugababes, one of the 00s girl group. I just listened to their 2013 single (WITH THE ORIGINAL LINEEE UP!) Flatline, and it's totally a jam!

The original topic for the single is closed, as it's too old. But this song must be heard. At least if you want to. The harmonies are on point. And they complement each vother so, so well! That's what I call a good girl group fall8

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three is probably their strongest, followed by Taller In More Ways and Catfights & Spotlights.

New Lil Kim, are we surprised?

Sugababies!


  • Browsing now   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×