BJORK

Critics SLAM Beyonce: "She lacks basic human dignity" I AM LIVING!!!!!11

Beyoncé’s upcoming film about slavery has been slammed by a South African chief, who claims that she “lacks the basic human dignity” for the project scream1

The news follows yesterday’s reports that the singer was planning on writing her first ever screenplay, in a new bid to be taken seriously as an actress. According to The Sun, the star has reportedly already started work on a biopic based on the life of Saartjie Baartman – a South African woman enslaved in a 19th century freak show.

Baartman, who was exploited by Europeans for her “unusual” colouring and body shape, has since become a major symbol of colonialist objectification – which has made some question Beyoncé’s suitability to the role. One South African chief has even demanded that the singer forget the project, stating that “it’s not her story to tell”.

“She lacks the basic human dignity to be worthy of writing Sarah's story, let alone playing the part,” chief Jean Burgess of the Ghonaqua First Peoples told South Africa News 24. “Why Sarah Baartman? Why not a story about an Indigenous American woman?”

“I can only see arrogance in her attempt to tell a story that is not her's to tell.”                   x

rs_485x270-150225143633-madonnafall1a.gi

i would like to hear the idea in her own words rather than from the perspective of random articles and other spectators. The media always has a way of making everything she does look like the most desperate thing in the world, when really she could be genuinely interested in the project and have good intentions. oprah12 

51 minutes ago, KING TITO said:

Ouch.

the whole idea is a bit desperate for me. Seems like the only thing she cares about in this project is herself.

I feel she wants to proof how big feminist she is...But she's not aura1   In my eyes she's not.Nobody from music industry is jj2

Burgess is 100% right.

5 minutes ago, My Chemical Romance said:

Explain plz. 

Sarah was a thick, full figured woman from a tribe in Africa. Beyonce simply has too much star power and is way too thin to play such a character well. The film would be all about Beyonce rather than highlighting the very important story of Sarah Bartman and the impact it has had on society's opinion of black women's bodies and the sexualisation/fetishisation of them.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

Sarah was a thick, full figured woman from a tribe in Africa. Beyonce simply has too much star power and is way too thin to play such a character well. The film would be all about Beyonce rather than highlighting the very important story of Sarah Bartman and the impact it has had on society's opinion of black women's bodies and the sexualisation/fetishisation of them.

sis, calm the fuck down awk1

you haven't even read anything about the movie, and you're already "IT WILL BE ALL ABOUT BEY!!!!111111"

yet, the "thin" Beyonce gained weight to play Etta James and nailed it ny12

1 minute ago, Bitch said:

sis, calm the fuck down awk1

you haven't even read anything about the movie, and you're already "IT WILL BE ALL ABOUT BEY!!!!111111"

yet, the "thin" Beyonce gained weight to play Etta James and nailed it ny12

I'm pretty calm actually dead4 

It'll be all about Beyonce whether she intends for it or not. Are you seriously saying a movie featuring Beyonce as the lead actress won't get a shit ton of publicity regardless of the subject matter at hand? 

And you cannot compare someone who is famous for being a singer to someone who is famous for being treated like an animal because of her body. Therefor it's much more important that Sarah is accurately depicted and Beyonce doesn't fit the bill.

Just now, Ryan said:

I'm pretty calm actually dead4 

It'll be all about Beyonce whether she intends for it or not. Are you seriously saying a movie featuring Beyonce as the lead actress won't get a shit ton of publicity regardless of the subject matter at hand? 

And you cannot compare someone who is famous for being a singer to someone who is famous for being treated like an animal because of her body. Therefor it's much more important that Sarah is accurately depicted and Beyonce doesn't fit the bill.

thanks for posting, and good for you for judging the thing before it's even realized, how progressive of you ny12

Just now, Bitch said:

thanks for posting, and good for you for judging the thing before it's even realized, how progressive of you ny12

Like I thought, effortlessly clocked and not much to say other than ny.gif and "sassyness xD"

Anyway-GIF-2015.gif

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.