Tonic

Props to Selena Gomez

I know many people (including me) bash Selena for bad vocals, but at least she is working on them and you can see difference with each era. Selena knows her range, her natural limits and accepts the fact that she needs vocal coaching. I feel like she uses any help she gets and improves. Now compare this to Ariana, who doesn't have these natural limits and who arrogantly still didin't learn more about breathing techniques and voice control since her Nickelodeon era. I am sure that Selena wouldnt have been able to use her voice like this in her previous era:

Props to Selena for working on herself and improving clap3

Ariana obviously is the better vocalist, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is the fact, that other lazy singers don't even try to improve artistically (compare Problem to Focus) and vocally (compare Problem to Focus).

I have really grown to love and admire Selena.

Her music gets better and better and she is really developing as an artist. She seems like a really grounded and real person. I love how when Good For You was released she came out and said 'I know I'm not the best vocalist but I do what I can', it made me really respect her.

We joke, but her performances are really improving and she sells out arenas easily. I was so impressed with her on the AMAs. If this was Britney, she would mime all her performances. But Selena makes the effort and puts herself out of her comfort zone (singing ballad on the AMAs 2014) and I think it's fantastic. She slays the verses and allows backing vocals to help her through the chorus, and there's nothing wrong with that, it sounds great. I think all this mic feed leakage is so unfair on singers.

She is slaying:

4 hours ago, Dangerous Jim said:

Her music gets better and better and she is really developing as an artist. She seems like a really grounded and real person. I love how when Good For You was released she came out and said 'I know I'm not the best vocalist but I do what I can', it made me really respect her.

We joke, but her performances are really improving and she sells out arenas easily. I was so impressed with her on the AMAs. If this was Britney, she would mime all her performances. But Selena makes the effort and puts herself out of her comfort zone (singing ballad on the AMAs 2014) and I think it's fantastic. She slays the verses and allows backing vocals to help her through the chorus, and there's nothing wrong with that, it sounds great. I think all this mic feed leakage is so unfair on singers.

She is slaying:

beautiful post cry4cry4cry6 

5 hours ago, Tonic said:

Ariana obviously is the better vocalist, but that's not the point of this thread. The point is the fact, that other lazy singers don't even try to improve artistically (compare Problem to Focus) and vocally (compare Problem to Focus).

dead2 

5 hours ago, Tonic said:

I know many people (including me) bash Selena for bad vocals, but at least she is working on them and you can see difference with each era. Selena knows her range, her natural limits and accepts the fact that she needs vocal coaching. I feel like she uses any help she gets and improves. Now compare this to Ariana, who doesn't have these natural limits and who arrogantly still didin't learn more about breathing techniques and voice control since her Nickelodeon era. I am sure that Selena wouldnt have been able to use her voice like this in her previous era:

Props to Selena for working on herself and improving clap3

You sound ignorant Ariana has been dancing and not many artist are in shape and can sing and dance at the same time unless you're P!NK or Beyonce and if you have been following up with Ariana she has infact improved since her debut. When she was on tour she was belting like crazy and even hit a bb5 repeatedly. Two times for selena for improving but Ariana and Demi have both been improving and she's still shit vocally compared to the two so run a long. 

2 hours ago, MissCookieLyon said:

You sound ignorant Ariana has been dancing and not many artist are in shape and can sing and dance at the same time unless you're P!NK or Beyonce and if you have been following up with Ariana she has infact improved since her debut. When she was on tour she was belting like crazy and even hit a bb5 repeatedly. Two times for selena for improving but Ariana and Demi have both been improving and she's still shit vocally compared to the two so run a long. 

Ariana can sing AND dance? orangu1 

She's literally out of breath just by moving her leg

13 hours ago, Dangerous Jim said:

She is slaying:

Ive posted the mic feed to praise ha, because i genuinely think, that it wasnt as bad as people say it is jj3

8 hours ago, MissCookieLyon said:

Did I talk about Demi though jj3

16 hours ago, Dangerous Jim said:

She is slaying:

you could've not said it better jimmy oprah2 

I love Revival. It's not a cheap collection of songs that have no relevence to each other, which was what I was expecting before her buzz singles dropped and I was slayed clap1 I was also surprised and pleased at how mature and vulnerable her lyrics were. That being said I wouldn't pay to see her in concert. I don't see anything wrong with making good music that sounds better from the studio. If people want to buy it and see her perform live she's only supplying the demand sass1 

Selena has improved but she has nothing special in her voice. She's not distinctive, she's not original, she doesn't make me feel a thing. Selena wasn't born to be a singer and you know it. Now you all will be coming for me saying that neither was Britney, but at least her voice is more emotional and sounds sexy, the way she breathes in her songs, the way she exhaled confidence and sexiness at her peak is something that Selena won't reach.

Let's not forget the fact that Selena doesn't sing, doesn't dance and doesn't have that X factor, that charisma. brit9

Sorry not sorry, that's the only truth, guys rav2

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.