Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Teenage Wet Dream

Jake's California Dreams Tour Review

So as some of you may know I am a very very big Katy Perry fan and I was originally supposed to see her July 8th in Chicago. Well she got "food poisoning" (aka she was hungover) and cancelled. I couldn't make the rescheduled date for Chicago so I got better seats (2nd row) for my hometown of St. Louis and left opening weekend for freshmen at college to go see her. I left the big parties to drive 5 hours back home to see her hoping it be worth it... and boy it was.

Now I saw Katy at Warped Tour in 2008 and she was terrible and I've heard her sing live on tv shows. She's very hit and miss. Some Firework performances make me cringe and same with Cali Gurls. I've always loved her voice for slow songs so I was waiting for those to slay me... but I was proven wrong.

She did amazing. She held some impressive notes during a song and she sounded great and had amazing control. Seeing and hearing her in person is completely different from seeing her on tv and hearing her on the radio. I was blown away at how good she was.

The show was VERY entertaining and she was super interactive with the crowd and was very funny. I don't wanna spoil much for you who are planning on seeing her but I'm just gonna comment on the highlights of the show.

-Her dancers were awesome and full of energy. The candy song dance medley they did was awesome and so much fun. There were some songs where I focused on them more than Katy.

-During Thinking of You she got on a cloud and went above the crowd playing guitar. Besides slaying the performance, I got really really close to her too!

-E.T. had a bunch of flashing lights and lasers all over the stadium was just one big giant rave party and everyone in the stadium was dancing and singing along to it. Possibly my favorite number.

-Hot N Cold was so much fun and once again everyone was singing along! Plus she changed EIGHT times during the number... on stage and it was fast too only a few a seconds. Plus she changed very fast during the show and didn't take long to come out again!

-Firework was so cool. So much awesome special effects. Blown away.

I'd talk more but I have to get going to my first day of classes but it was a very fun show and everyone around me loved it. My tweet even got on the screen during the show! If you can see her and are remotely interested in her I suggest going because it's an awesome night!

yasss i went like 2 months ago and it was so amazing cry1

E.T. was definitely my fav (and apparently the crowd fav too, considering the way everyone went wild lmao) ...i loved all the laser shit

i agree that her live vocals have improved SO much...i loved when she did Thinking of You & Not Like The Movies

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.