CAL-(Sign Ups)

2 minutes ago, BLUE. said:

First of all you cannot just join a forum and start an event. We have an events team and you have no idea what we have and have not planned. There is other ways to contact the members other than pm. You could have just opened a thread mentioning the team members and asked. No admin is gonna give you a pm inbox till you reach the amount of posts. Don't act like you deserve special treatment cause you wanna host an event.

CAL despite being different from #PI it is quite similar and #PI is one of our biggest events here so. 

My two cents. 

Lmao not to mention asking for a special section

14 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Don't we already do something like CAL here? Isn't it called Pop Industry? dead2 

Why exactly has no one on page 1 pointed this out? dead2

14 minutes ago, Bernie Sanders said:

Idk but this is much different I'm assuming. You promote your artist, run and eras, theirs weekly charts and award shows. It's a lot more record label competitive basedz

It's the same, hun. lana1

We did the whole role playing thing as a joke but it wasn't the main point of the game.

9 minutes ago, Bernie Sanders said:

Alright CAL is not like Pop Industry. It's much less role playing character like. Observe a season on somewhere like GagaDaily or The Pop Zone if you need to see. I will post the OP soon so you can all understand.

OMG not GagaDaily and ThePopZone. trash1

2 minutes ago, BLUE. said:

First of all you cannot just join a forum and start an event. We have an events team and you have no idea what we have and have not planned. There is other ways to contact the members other than pm. You could have just opened a thread mentioning the team members and asked. No admin is gonna give you a pm inbox till you reach the amount of posts. Don't act like you deserve special treatment cause you wanna host an event.

CAL despite being different from #PI it is quite similar and #PI is one of our biggest events here so. 

My two cents. 

Giving me @colton teas. interesting1

1 minute ago, BLUE. said:

We know what CAL is. It's been run here before. Our main point is that we have an events team here who host majority of forum events. You can't just join with 20 posts and host an event like this right off the bat. Sorry not sorry

Adam ha promo continues aretha1 

1 minute ago, Hyun. said:

Oh, I know what both are, and I know they're pretty different, and for my preference I like #PI better. I'm not into how CAL works. And if I'm not wrong, #PI is a reworked, better version of CAL on here.

I have to disagree but whatever

We know what CAL is. It's been run here before. Our main point is that we have an events team here who host majority of forum events. You can't just join with 20 posts and host an event like this right off the bat. Sorry not sorry. 

Ok thanks. And how many post do I need for a PM. I came here to run it because I'm new so I won't get judged by others as much as I would on other forums. 

2 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Why exactly has no one on page 1 pointed this out? dead2

It's the same, hun. lana1

We did the whole role playing thing as a joke but it wasn't the main point of the game.

OMG not GagaDaily and ThePopZone. trash1

Giving me @colton teas. interesting1

It's so diffrent. This forum just doesn't know 

1 minute ago, Bernie Sanders said:

Ok thanks. And how many post do I need for a PM. I came here to run it because I'm new so I won't get judged by others as much as I would on other forums. 

I don't know. That's not the point. Reaching the amount of posts for a pm inbox is not gonna give you the green light to host this. You joined and just completely disregarded whether or not there is already a system in place for hosting events. That's so unprofessional. Like join the forum, get to know people, make some decent posts before launching into an event. And then coming in here and just requesting all this stuff like you're so entitled to it is rude quite frankly. 

1 minute ago, Bernie Sanders said:

It's so diffrent. This forum just doesn't know 

I'm confused as to what you think #PopIndustry is tho, seeing as the only difference I thought there was between the two was that you could have more than one artist in CAL. And yet in this thread you say we can only start with one anyway interesting1 

I don't know. That's not the point. Reaching the amount of posts for a pm inbox is not gonna give you the green light to host this. You joined and just completely disregarded whether or not there is already a system in place for hosting events. That's so unprofessional. Like join the forum, get to know people, make some decent posts before launching into an event. And then coming in here and just requesting all this stuff like you're so entitled to it is rude quite frankly. 

How have I been use. I've join the forum and tried to launch and event then I hair got tons of backlash cuz I didn't follow the rules since I'm brand new. This is eye opening on the type of forum this is. 

2 minutes ago, Bernie Sanders said:

How have I been use. I've join the forum and tried to launch and event then I hair got tons of backlash cuz I didn't follow the rules since I'm brand new. This is eye opening on the type of forum this is. 

enjoy your stay rav2 

2 minutes ago, Shiver said:

I'm confused as to what you think #PopIndustry is tho, seeing as the only difference I thought there was between the two was that you could have more than one artist in CAL. And yet in this thread you say we can only start with one anyway interesting1 

I'm posting the op now so you can all know

Here would be the op outline of the game. 

CAL-(Create A Label) on FOTP

Create A Label is a wildly popular forum game originating from ATRL, GagaDaily and Operation Gaga. It is now ran on many other forums such as The Pop Zone or Church of Pop. It is a music industry related game which can be summarized as a record label RPG. If you would like to see other season and how to play check out Gaga Monster's Season 4 and 5 on GagaDaily or Ronlop's new season on The Pop Zone.

How it Works

Everyone starts off with 100 points. The cost to sign an artist is 5 points. The goal is to make your artists the most famous on the globe. Charts will be based off your artists current place in the industry and thee promotion. You will design their new era and help them top the charts. While you may start with Taylor Swift or Adele, poor promotion or sloppy articles could make you fall behind. In the end of the day it's your work that determines charts NOT your artist real life popularity. This version will be very realistic. You give them fame by releasing your fanmade tracks and promoting with television appearances, concerts, ect. I will do special events, such as music awards (VMAs, Grammys, etc) and four performing slots per event will be given to the four labels who post first when I say it's time. 

All articles are required to be at least 100 words long, and the limit of articles per week is 20. At the end of every week (Friday) , no later than 5 PM EST, you must private message me a list of articles, releases, tour dates, etc, plus a calculation of your total points. Mentions of your artist in articles by other players will also count towards your promotion amounts and may also be listed. While all releases and tour dates require supporting articles, they do not count in the 20 article limit. The weeks go from Saturday until Friday. All private messages must be sent by 5 PM EST, then after I have checked everything, I will post the week's overall charts and social media trending hashtags on Saturday morning. For every one thousand sales you earn, you get one point. For example, 10,000 records sold = 10 points. 

While it doesn't matter what lengths the articles are, details are important. I would like for you to share as many details about every event, release, announcement, live performance, tv appearance, etc as you can. By this I mean quality not quantity. Observe other forums CALs to get ideas and to learn some. Find a way to explain as many details possible, and going to a couple thousand words is completely acceptable, but just try not to go overboard. 

Here are some article title examples:

Lady Gaga announces that she will lead American Horror Story's next season 'Hotel'

Lana Del Rey releases Honeymoon pre-order featuring "High by the Beach" and "Terrence Loves You"

Katy Perry live streams last date of the Prism Tour

Releases

Releasing is an important part of the game, obviously. In the game you can release singles and albums whenever you'd like, and it's good to have a strategy and know when it's a good time to release. Surprise dropping albums is also not a good idea unless your artist has proven to have a big fanbase, and has had much attention from hype or has hit the top 10 at least once with a single. Having a visual / music video for every song on your album will definitely gain attention but it costs quite a lot of points to do. Also, remember not to drag a single on for too long, or else fans will get bored. All tracks should be fanmade or at least to some extent. If you have trouble with writing your own fanmade songs look for help from other players. If you have trouble with this pm me and we can work out if you will be able to release real life songs. Make sure to release or announce something once every couple of weeks. You can get more attention for a single though by releasing remix EPs and music videos. Promotional singles are good for releasing around the same time as the album. You can re release your albums or EPs once they get certified gold, platinum or diamond. 

Costs:

Single Preorder- 1 points

Album Preorder- 5 points

Album - 20 points

EP - 10 points

Single - 5 points

Promotional Single - 5 points

Remix EP - 5 points

Music Video - 5 points

Rereleases - 15 points

Metacritic

After releasing an album you may request a Metacritic review that I will do. This can effect sales but won't always. Remember that while quality music often does much better a crappy album can sell tons with amazing promotion. But effort wins awards most of them time. So you decide.

Touring

In the game, your artist also has the option to tour songs from their album. Each date costs a certain amount of points depending on the tour type. Each date is required to have an article supporting it, and you must PM me a list of at least the first leg's dates one week before you begin the tour. Regular concerts that aren't tour related are completely free. For every 10,000 tickets sold you will receive 1 point. You will receive tour sales at the end of every leg (unless you request otherwise)

Costs:

Theater tour - 10 points per date

Festival tour - 12 points per date

Stadium tour - 20 points per date

Other Point Costing Things

TV appearance (Ellen, X Factor, etc) - 15 points 

Video game (Kim Kardashian: Hollywood, Sims 3: Katy Perry etc) - 10 points

Message in thread title - 10 points (one per week)

Message in OP - 5 points (one per week)

Everything else is free promotion. Examples would be radio interviews, sponsorships, fragrances, commercials, clothing lines, ect.

Select Promotion

Every week I will distribute select promotion. This include the following. It will cost 20 points and will be a large promotion. The italicized ones will be chosen by me based off of your effort and past chart positions. The others will be announced available and the first to post that they wants one of them wins. You may only have 2 per artist and 4 per label

-Apple Music Partnership (2 available)

-Billboard Magazine (1 available)

-Beats Partnership (4 available) 

-iTunes Banners (6 available)

-Google Logo (1 available)

(The next ones are only available once due to being exclusive events, I will determine who gets them)

-iTunes Festival (4 spots will be avalible)

-Award Shows (TBD)

-50th Super Bowl (Biggest artist will receive this and will be required to have 3 or more guests)

-Oscars Performers (3 spots will be available) 

Charts and Social Media charts 

Every Saturday I will post the charts which will determine you sales and chart position. I will also be doing Social Media charts on Saturdays (and occasionally other days). This will be based off ALL promotion. Topping the Social Media charts can be helpful to do before announcing a release as it will help out your sales. Social Media charts will include the Top 5 users as well as the Top 10 hashtags. You may post social media tweets using LemmeTweetThat however this will only count towards the Top 5 users. I am not counting your tweets though so please keep track of that yourself. 

Not 2016 already serving drama.

Just right after I opened the drama prediction thread.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Bernie Sanders said:

It's not that we have a problem with new members hosting events. We know you don't know the system here. That doesn't give you permission though to just request whole new sections right off the bat and to just jump right into things. Like slow down. You wanna host this, you wanna pm the events team? Post enough on the rest of the forum to get an inbox then reconsider hosting this. Cause you're not getting a pm inbox an earlier than any other user and you won't get a section for this unless the events team approves it.

Just now, BLUE. said:

It's not that we have a problem with new members hosting events. We know you don't know the system here. That doesn't give you permission though to just request whole new sections right off the bat and to just jump right into things. Like slow down. You wanna host this, you wanna pm the events team? Post enough on the rest of the forum to get an inbox then reconsider hosting this. Cause you're not getting a pm inbox an earlier than any other user and you won't get a section for this unless the events team approves it.

Ok then I will. Do you know the number of post I need? And who's a mod who can close this thread