Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Chaystic

Natalia's Amazing Debut

I blame cherrytree. I was expecting at least 10k for the girl. Her album was finished in fucking mid 2010. Then by December more than half the album was out due to leaks. She shouldve started from scratch at that point. There was more than enough time to pump out 6 new tracks. On top of that, Perfectionist was out in fucking April on German itunes and included all the tracks. That's a 4 month wait until it hit all of the other markets. Her fans sure as hell werent waiting that long when it was supposed to be out September 2010 in the US.

On top of all of that BS, her promo was nothing more than an iTunes banner. Yeah that was going to help sell a lot... In a day where buying music isnt normal, I guess they shouldve thought of a better way to get out to the public.

Guest ❤ уυηg яαρυηχєℓ ❤

No promotion, basically unknown in the US, and no Top 10 singles... What exactly were you expecting, may I ask?

Her only purpose is to rip off Gaga and that didn't even work well. ny2

She NEVER tried to be like Gaga??

Idk why she did so bad. Well yea most people around in the US already downloaded the album for free. I bought it. I love Natalia <33 shes so unique in her own way. If u guys think shes a flop, listen to Heaven, Broke, Mirrors, Not In Love, Nothing Lasts Forever, oh better yet, her whole album because it was flawless. She's not trying to copy anyone. She's being her own person. She's not really "weird" unique like Gaga and Ke$ha and that's why she's not as famous. I wish she was... :/

I'd say that she sold that much with absoutely NO promotion... That's really really good!

I don't care if it flopped, it's my 2nd favorite album of the year, it's a fucking masterpiece antm1 She hasn't promoted in the US and is hardly known there, so peaking at #12 on iTunes + selling over 3000 copies is quite an accomplishment imo.

Stay pressed bitches.

Tbf though, literally no-one knows who she is outside of music forums etc. I've asked so many people if they like Natalia Kills, and every single one of them has replied "who's that?". Is it her fault? Maybe, but I don't think it is at all. Her label should NOT have had her album put out there as easy as that when she is so unknown. Her music is amazing, and with the right single, the right video, the right time, she could've smashed. She was never really properly invested in by Cherrytree, even when she was over here in the UK, she had no promo spots, nothing that would even get her a little bit of exposure. What did they expect, her music to sell itself when no-one knows it's out there?

GREAT ALBUM? ny10

Firstly, she called it dark-pop (when you can find darker songs on a Britney record) & then delivered an album that has < 5 passable songs.

She's just a plain flop and she deserves just what she got. ny2

this.

Given the lack of hit singles and promotion, and the huge delay, I'm not surprised in the slightest. The only people that bought her album were her die-hard fans from the Internet, nobody in the general public knows her. It's a pretty good album though, and definitely deserved at least a top 50 place.

i bought the album back in the day fall1

edit: omfg i just read she is coming to my hometown. i am so going to get dressed as gaga and i'll be front row moo1

:lmfao: DO IT ANA fall1fall1fall1

OMG I AM SO DOING IT.

WHAT KIND OF OUTFIT SHOULD I WEAR? AND I NEED A WIG. OMFG SO EXCITED.

she'll be so mad.

Before i laugh why is she being attacked?

but that isn't her US sales right? if it is I blame her label, because i seen a indie artist sell more in the first week

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.