Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

Angelus

Dido

12 minutes ago, Saiga said:

Isobel >>>>>>>>>>>>>> careers gaycat1

Some say she ruined this song but I think she elevated it oprah2

Queen of UK oprah2

I know right, Isobel is magnificent, those lyrics

So hauntingoprah2

And that live version, those belts oprah2

I LOVE her version of 7 seconds sia1

3 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

If you gave me just a coin for every time we say goodbye alex1
Well I'd be rich beyond my dreams, I'm sorry for my weary life alex1

I love I'm No Angel but here goes my favorite from that album jj3

Oh the world has sat in the palm of my hand not that you'd see cry8 

And I'm tired and bored of waiting for you and all those things you never do ny13 

Cos it's me, and my life, it's my life, it's my life fall3fall3

So short yet so powerful ny2

4 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

I know right, Isobel is magnificent, those lyrics

So hauntingoprah2

And that live version, those belts oprah2

I LOVE her version of 7 seconds sia1

The percussion just makes me want to fuse into that song cry6 And it's so sad that it's about abortion. I like that she has diversity with her lyrics tho sia2

28 minutes ago, Saiga said:

I love I'm No Angel but here goes my favorite from that album jj3

Oh the world has sat in the palm of my hand not that you'd see cry8 

And I'm tired and bored of waiting for you and all those things you never do ny13 

Cos it's me, and my life, it's my life, it's my life fall3fall3

So short yet so powerful ny2

I know right. My life is giving me those 20s Jazz songs vibe even if it's not Jazz sia3 Only DIdo sia3

26 minutes ago, Saiga said:

The percussion just makes me want to fuse into that song cry6 And it's so sad that it's about abortion. I like that she has diversity with her lyrics tho sia2

It took me 2 years to find out what was that song about sia1

I only became fan in 2012 cry2

She was so huge back in the day, i hated her in 2003 because WF and LFR were overplayed and EVERYWHERE.

10 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

She was so huge back in the day, i hated her in 2003 because WF and LFR were overplayed and EVERYWHERE.

How hipster of you tina1 But well, I kinda agree that LFR era was a lot more commercial orientated. It doesn't mean that it didn't have quality tho sia2

I know very well her first two albums but can't say much about the last two. I like Girl Who Got Away but I hated Kendrick Lamar in Let Us Move On cry5ew1

41 minutes ago, Saiga said:

How hipster of you tina1 But well, I kinda agree that LFR era was a lot more commercial orientated. It doesn't mean that it didn't have quality tho sia2

I know very well her first two albums but can't say much about the last two. I like Girl Who Got Away but I hated Kendrick Lamar in Let Us Move On cry5ew1

Wait what? orly1 You're not that familiar with Safe trip Jesus and Jesus who got away?

STH is masterpiece and probably her best album but i agree that it's hard to get into to, it's very well produced, amazing lyrics, so many dark songs, emotions, you can almost hear her cry when she sings about not seeing her dad the last day.

GWGA is so fresh and current with No Angel twist, she really experimented with music on it. Kendrick is amazing on Let us move on, that should've been first single and not No Freedom

LFR is easily her weakest album once you get to know all 4 of them, why? Because LFR was hardly progress from NA, maybe half of it, but the other half are fillers and songs she released only because label pushed her to release album so 'early'

30 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

Wait what? orly1 You're not that familiar with Safe trip Jesus and Jesus who got away?

STH is masterpiece and probably her best album but i agree that it's hard to get into to, it's very well produced, amazing lyrics, so many dark songs, emotions, you can almost hear her cry when she sings about not seeing her dad the last day.

GWGA is so fresh and current with No Angel twist, she really experimented with music on it. Kendrick is amazing on Let us move on, that should've been first single and not No Freedom

LFR is easily her weakest album once you get to know all 4 of them, why? Because LFR was hardly progress from NA, maybe half of it, but the other half are fillers and songs she released only because label pushed her to release album so 'early'

Well, to be honest I started to stan Dido in early 2015 because of a meltdown ny5 and all I listened to were NA and LFR for 5 months mostly eve1 but when I started to calm down, I didn't look for her other two albums but she's so amazing I should listen to them  clap1

Should I start with GWGA or STH first? jj3

2 minutes ago, Saiga said:

Well, to be honest I started to stan Dido in early 2015 because of a meltdown ny5 and just listened to NA and LFR for 5 months mostly eve1 but when I start to calm down, I didn't look for her other two albums but she's so amazing I should listen to them  clap1

Should I start with GWGA or STH first? jj3

Oh you're forgiven then jj3

You should do it in order, SFT and then GWGA. But they are so different jj4 STH is acoustic and GWGA is electronic jj4

If you don;t know Don;t believe in love, it was lead and only single from STH, it's my favorite song after White Flag.

Ellen is huge Dido fan, Miley too, she posted screenshot of My life on Instagram last year, and she covered No freedom jj3

14 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

Oh you're forgiven then jj3

You should do it in order, SFT and then GWGA. But they are so different jj4 STH is acoustic and GWGA is electronic jj4

If you don;t know Don;t believe in love, it was lead and only single from STH, it's my favorite song after White Flag.

Ellen is huge Dido fan, Miley too, she posted screenshot of My life on Instagram last year, and she covered No freedom jj3

Gurl she didn't even try jj4 Dido how did you flop after being so huge? fall1

I guess I'll start with STH then, acoustic songs suit her really well nat1

I'll make you know if I like it ny1

2 minutes ago, Saiga said:

Gurl she didn't even try jj4 Dido how did you flop after being so huge? fall1

I guess I'll start with STH then, acoustic songs suit her really well nat1

I'll make you know if I like it ny1

She didn't wanted to try. Whole era was mess. Album was pushed back for 2 weeks days before its release, video for lead single was released after album (same happened to No freedom)

She refused to promote, only few times because label forced her, she said it was very dark album for her and she's not at happy place, she doesn't want to force people to listen her sad songs

I'm listening Safe trip home now

30 minutes ago, NoAngel said:

She didn't wanted to try. Whole era was mess. Album was pushed back for 2 weeks days before its release, video for lead single was released after album (same happened to No freedom)

She refused to promote, only few times because label forced her, she said it was very dark album for her and she's not at happy place, she doesn't want to force people to listen her sad songs

I'm listening Safe trip home now

Did she feel unhappy at GWGA era as well?

12 minutes ago, Saiga said:

Did she feel unhappy at GWGA era as well?

No sia1

STH is about her dad and his death

When she recorded GWGA in 2010 she was pregnant so she was happy, that's why it's also her most upbeat album, but she released it almost 3 years later because she wanted to focus on her son jj4

But in the meantime she released song for Sex and the City movie (YOU HAVE TO LISTEN IT NOW: Everything to lose) and If I rise for another movie, and song was nominated for Oscar and she was supposed to perform it at Oscars but doctor ordered her to stay home because she was pregnant in her 40s so it was risky for her to travel from UK to Hollywood

7 hours ago, NoAngel said:

No sia1

STH is about her dad and his death

When she recorded GWGA in 2010 she was pregnant so she was happy, that's why it's also her most upbeat album, but she released it almost 3 years later because she wanted to focus on her son jj4

But in the meantime she released song for Sex and the City movie (YOU HAVE TO LISTEN IT NOW: Everything to lose) and If I rise for another movie, and song was nominated for Oscar and she was supposed to perform it at Oscars but doctor ordered her to stay home because she was pregnant in her 40s so it was risky for her to travel from UK to Hollywood

Oh I didn't know that shock1 I'm going to listen to that song lol1

So it's her RAY OF LIGHT? jj2

She would've slayed at the oscars and guess it'd have helped her to have more success with the album cry7

14 hours ago, Saiga said:

Oh I didn't know that shock1 I'm going to listen to that song lol1

So it's her RAY OF LIGHT? jj2

She would've slayed at the oscars and guess it'd have helped her to have more success with the album cry7

She missed so many career opportunities  rih9

She rejected to perform Stan at Grammys so Elton John had to replace her rih9 Then Oscars rih9 

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.