Gabe.

The Red Lips Lounge

1 minute ago, Kirjava said:

Supposedly it was live (anyway, the people who attended the performance say it was), but she performed it 3 times and the vocals from those 3 performances were edited together, to make this version. She might have recorded some vocals after the performance too, to add to the footage. Who knows.

At the end of the day it's still her voice, so she CAN sing like this. For the Whitney tribute all she has to worry about is pacing herself and not running out of breath.

Yeah I guess because her voice/mic sounds the exact same when she's introducing Whitney so I guess it was live... 

Yes! For the tribute she really needs to pace herself, like you said, and really focus before hitting high and long notes.

Just now, StrippedX said:

Yeah I guess because her voice/mic sounds the exact same when she's introducing Whitney so I guess it was live... 

Yes! For the tribute she really needs to pace herself, like you said, and really focus before hitting high and long notes.

Don't forget that she did this:

And she was sick during this!!! She absolutely can pull off controlled vocals if she wants to. It's just that she's usually too married to the raspy Etta sound. But when it comes to covers she knows how to be respectful, and she absolutely adored Whitney, so you know she'll bring her clear vocals. oprah2

On 11/11/2017 at 5:18 PM, Kirjava said:

Don't forget that she did this:

And she was sick during this!!! She absolutely can pull off controlled vocals if she wants to. It's just that she's usually too married to the raspy Etta sound. But when it comes to covers she knows how to be respectful, and she absolutely adored Whitney, so you know she'll bring her clear vocals. oprah2

One of my fave Voice performances ever. giveup1 

Sorry I've had a couple of glasses of wine and I'm having a moment moo1 

I LOVE CHRISTINA SO MUCH.

She honestly has made me feel so much better so many times. I DREAM of meeting her and I am SO ready for this new era yas2 

Bring it on, Queen. 

What the hell, I just had to throw up after I ate a small pack of pistachios. This never happened before (I didn't eat anything else unusual so it must have been that). What a way to end my day. jj4

I don't know if it's cuz I'm newly allergic to it, or cuz they might have been spoilt. They still tasted fine, but they definitely didn't look fresh.

5 hours ago, Kirjava said:

What the hell, I just had to throw up after I ate a small pack of pistachios. This never happened before (I didn't eat anything else unusual so it must have been that). What a way to end my day. jj4

I don't know if it's cuz I'm newly allergic to it, or cuz they might have been spoilt. They still tasted fine, but they definitely didn't look fresh.

Well, I've been up all night puking my guts out, so it's safe to say it isn't the pistachio, I'm just sick. Wonderful. jj4

19 hours ago, Kirjava said:

I am sorry :( Hope you are fine now

4 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

People on Twitter are saying there was an "incident" before the AMA's and that Christina was sad???

Her backup vocalist for the performance (Whitney's former backup singer) said so on Facebook, yeah. She said that all things considered Christina did amazing.

Also, that she cannot share what went down, but that we would find out in a few days anyway???

5 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Her backup vocalist for the performance (Whitney's former backup singer) said so on Facebook, yeah. She said that all things considered Christina did amazing.

Also, that she cannot share what went down, but that we would find out in a few days anyway???

My initial thought was a personal issue... but if we'll find out in a few days - maybe it's album related? Either way, it sucks if it's serious.