Gabe.

The Red Lips Lounge

19 hours ago, Kirjava said:

Oh hey, we have the same BA then. moo1 Except I decided to take British culture/history instead of American. 

And ugh, I know the struggle of the second foreign lg. Mine is Spanish. I started learning it during college via extra offered courses, I took a language exam and now it's part of my Hungarian-English-Spanish translating/interpreting MA (2 foreign lgs were required to qualify for this degree). But I'm way weaker at it than English, so I don't enjoy practising it as much, which in turn means I don't improve as quickly. fall1

Where are you from btw? oprah2

I'm from Romania and I know you're from Hungary so we're basically neighbors jj2 Maybe that's why the universities programs are so similar. They're the same in most of Europe. I have a Translation and Interpretation program at my uni too jj2

Yess I'm also not confident in speaking in Italian. I can hold a conversation but I still make grammar mistakes and I'm so slow bcuz I have to think of words. Plus the fact that I dont surround myself with italian entertainment or culture probably makes it worse but oh well fall7 I don't know how I'll be able to retain the language after graduation if I don't use it regularly at work or something.

2 hours ago, Atlantis Princess said:

I'm from Romania and I know you're from Hungary so we're basically neighbors jj2 Maybe that's why the universities programs are so similar. They're the same in most of Europe. I have a Translation and Interpretation program at my uni too jj2

Yess I'm also not confident in speaking in Italian. I can hold a conversation but I still make grammar mistakes and I'm so slow bcuz I have to think of words. Plus the fact that I dont surround myself with italian entertainment or culture probably makes it worse but oh well fall7 I don't know how I'll be able to retain the language after graduation if I don't use it regularly at work or something.

Oh, hey neighbour! whit1 I've been to Romania/Transylvania twice before, the nature is beautiful. oprah2

The struggle is real! I have the same issues with Spanish. fall1 I know that regularly consuming media in the language would help, but I'm lazy to use the dictionary every time I don't know a word, which is almost every 3rd sentence when I watch a show. fall2 I'll have to make an effort tho. 

I noticed that listening to music in Spanish helps a lot with memorising new vocab due to the rhymes/melody, so maybe you could try that with Italian? oprah2

2 hours ago, ANYE said:

2018 upwards really is amazing time for us demi1

hope the rumor of dual album english and spanish is true. We’re been waiting for Mi Reflejo lil sister since 2001 cry8

Yes, I'm perched for the Spanish album, it's long overdue, and as I mentioned above it would help me with practising the language. jj2 In the meantime I have Kali Uchis' new Spanish album to get into. + I guess there's Shakira's entire discography if I want to practise fall1

There's a rumor from an "ATRL insider" ( jj3 ) that our good sis is working on a full length English album as well as a full length Spanish one... Let's not get excited but at least this "insider" has been right in the past with other artists like Katy Perry lol

13 hours ago, StrippedX said:

There's a rumor from an "ATRL insider" ( jj3 ) that our good sis is working on a full length English album as well as a full length Spanish one... Let's not get excited but at least this "insider" has been right in the past with other artists like Katy Perry lol

imagine OMG oprah15

14 hours ago, StrippedX said:

She better end us giveup1 

14 hours ago, StrippedX said:

Girl she can't even finish a single album in less than 4 years no way she is finishing 2. lol3

Maybe it will be the same album in different languages though. 

Just now, Atlantis Princess said:

Girl she can't even finish a single album in less than 4 years no way she is finishing 2. lol3

Maybe it will be the same album in different languages though. 

I mean if the albums are shorter than her usual I reckon she can release the english one and a Spanish one with just a few originals and then covers/Spanish versions of her own previous songs kinda like Mi Reflejo kii1 

46 minutes ago, StrippedX said:

I mean if the albums are shorter than her usual I reckon she can release the english one and a Spanish one with just a few originals and then covers/Spanish versions of her own previous songs kinda like Mi Reflejo kii1 

Yeah maybe she can release an English EP or something and the expand it for the Spanish release like you said jj3

On 2/2/2021 at 3:55 AM, Kirjava said:

Oh, hey neighbour! whit1 I've been to Romania/Transylvania twice before, the nature is beautiful. oprah2

The struggle is real! I have the same issues with Spanish. fall1 I know that regularly consuming media in the language would help, but I'm lazy to use the dictionary every time I don't know a word, which is almost every 3rd sentence when I watch a show. fall2 I'll have to make an effort tho. 

I noticed that listening to music in Spanish helps a lot with memorising new vocab due to the rhymes/melody, so maybe you could try that with Italian? oprah2

Yes, I'm perched for the Spanish album, it's long overdue, and as I mentioned above it would help me with practising the language. jj2 In the meantime I have Kali Uchis' new Spanish album to get into. + I guess there's Shakira's entire discography if I want to practise fall1

Idk about Kali but I love hearing Shakira, she’s got great discography. The El Dorado album is cute for learning, maybe you can try her dancing too ari3