Gabe.

The Red Lips Lounge

On 4/5/2021 at 1:30 AM, Atlantis Princess said:

Has anyone here listened to Demi's new album? It reminds me so much of Stripped. More than any album that claims to be inspires by it. 

It takes me on the same kind of emotional journey and it displays the same kind of maturity cry8

Is this comparison warranted or am I reaching? 

i mean, obvs Stripped > 

but there are many ACE moments on Demi's album. what are your favorite songs?

33 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

i mean, obvs Stripped > 

but there are many ACE moments on Demi's album. what are your favorite songs?

I made the comparison since it gives me the same kind of emotional response to the rawness and sincerity to it coupled with some bops but obvs Stripped >

My faves are California Sober (real tear jerker for me), Easy, The Art of Starting Over, The Kind of Lover I Am, Met Him Last Night, The Way You Don't Look At Me. 

But honestly I love the whole album, even though there are some weaker songs they contribute to the story. 

44 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The Kind of Lover I Am, Met Him Last Night, The Way You Don't Look At Me. 

this would be my trinity moo1 Buttetfly, 15 Minutes are also excellent though. My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend is a rlly fun bop. what i really like about this album is that she's not oversinging at all. all of these songs would be ruined if she went crazy with the runs, instead she sounds healthily on point throughout, especially the 2nd half.

7 minutes ago, Gabe. said:

this would be my trinity moo1 Buttetfly, 15 Minutes are also excellent though. My Girlfriends Are My Boyfriend is a rlly fun bop. what i really like about this album is that she's not oversinging at all. all of these songs would be ruined if she went crazy with the runs, instead she sounds healthily on point throughout, especially the 2nd half.

The only one that sounds "typically" Demi is Anyone. And tbh I expected the whole album to sound like that but this album proved to me that she has an actually nice tone that emotes a lot when she wants. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantis Princess said:

The only one that sounds "typically" Demi is Anyone.

yup. i am really glad i listened to the album because prior to the release i wasn't planning to bother based on Anyone and the title track. moo1

Anyone has a gorgeous melody and without that final minute or so would also be a stand out track I think. shrug1

The way Xtina my #1 fave 10 years ago when I joined FOTP and her music still is that bitch.

While I don't listen to her as much lately I can't help but feel super excited when I think about Legend X. giveup4

Just now, Max said:

The way Xtina my #1 fave 10 years ago when I joined FOTP and her music still is that bitch.

While I don't listen to her as much lately I can't help but feel super excited when I think about Legend X. giveup4

She didn't lie when she said her music was going to be timeless.

1 minute ago, Cha Eunwoo said:

She didn't lie when she said her music was going to be timeless.

Back To Basics, Bionic and Stripped for the most part... Truly timeless, yes. giveup4