Gabe.

The Red Lips Lounge

1 minute ago, Dita said:

oh really. I love how connected they are. I do like the romantic languages which is why I want to learn Italian. Sorry Hungary sass1 

Well tbh, Hungarian is one of the hardest languages to learn, so you'd probably give up anyway. moo1 

https://unbabel.com/blog/japanese-finnish-or-chinese-the-10-hardest-languages-for-english-speakers-to-learn/

10 minutes ago, Dita said:

Told you ny5 

Some of the only simple things about Hungarian is that we don't have all those tenses like English does. English has 12 tenses (3 for each), Hungarian only has 3. And often only 2 in practice as you can express future with speaking in present as well. The past you signify by adding a "t" to the end of the verb. So "do" in present (third person) would be "csinál", and in past it would simply change to "csinált".

Another simple thing is that the way we write things is the way we say them (almost always), unlike in Enlgish where the pronounciation often depends on god knows what. jj4 Like you pronounce the "c" differently in each of these: chat, cat, and celestial. xtina1

You won't get that with us, but as stated in the article a lot of the vowels are incredibly hard to pronounce if you're not a native speaker. (ö, ő, ü, ű in particular)

ő and ű - they are simply pronounced as a longer version of ö and ü btw - don't even exist in any other alphabet just ours I believe, so they always look shit in fonts that don't have them (which is almost all of them) jj4

If you want to hear have certain words are pronounced you could just always hit the little speaker button in Google translate. jj2

3 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Told you ny5 

Some of the only simple things about Hungarian is that we don't have all those tenses like English does. English has 12 tenses (3 for each), Hungarian only has 3. And often only 2 in practice as you can express future with speaking in present as well. The past you signify by adding a "t" to the end of the verb. So "do" in present (third person) would be "csinál", and in past it would simply change to "csinált".

Another simple thing is that the way we write things is the way we say them (almost always), unlike in Enlgish where the pronounciation often depends on god knows what. jj4 Like you pronounce the "c" differently in each of these: chat, cat, and celestial. xtina1

You won't get that with us, but as stated in the article a lot of the vowels are incredibly hard to pronounce if you're not a native speaker. (ö, ő, ü, ű in particular)

ő and ű - they are simply pronounced as a longer version of ö and ü btw - don't even exist in any other alphabet just ours I believe, so they always look shit in fonts that don't have them (which is almost all of them) jj4

If you want to hear have certain words are pronounced you could just always hit the little speaker button in Google translate. jj2

It's funny because I don't even teach the 12 tenses fall2 You may only have 2 tenses but all those cases and idioms fall2 I gave uo. 

I don't even know what those sounds would be fall2 

9 minutes ago, Dita said:

It's funny because I don't even teach the 12 tenses fall2 You may only have 2 tenses but all those cases and idioms fall2 I gave uo. 

I don't even know what those sounds would be fall2 

Well, we're all taught them learning English. But we know that about half of them isn't even or very rarely used.

As I said, type them in to Google translate and make it say them. jj2 They are pronounced the same way always.

But if you want to hear them in words try these:

ügyes (clever, skillfull)  btw "gy" is meant to be one letter. moo1 We have some of these double letters.

űr, űrhajó (space, spaceship)

öreg (old)

őz (roe/European deer)

4 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

Well, we're all taught them learning English. But we know that about half of them isn't even or very rarely used.

As I said, type them in to Google translate and make it say them. jj2 They are pronounced the same way always.

But if you want to hear them in words try these:

ügyes (clever, skillfull)  btw "gy" is meant to be one letter. moo1 We have some of these double letters.

űr, űrhajó (space, spaceship)

öreg (old)

őz (roe/European deer)

Oh my god. You get better English lessons than us fall2 

Oh that's not so bad fall2 

Just now, Dita said:

Oh my god. You get better English lessons than us fall2 

Oh that's not so bad fall2 

I don't know if that should make me proud or sad dead2

Great! Now you can begin learning it! jj2 Did you have the language set to Hungarian tho when you tried it? dead2 

9 minutes ago, Kirjava said:

I don't know if that should make me proud or sad dead2

Great! Now you can begin learning it! jj2 Did you have the language set to Hungarian tho when you tried it? dead2 

No. let me try again fall