Guest M!X

Girls Aloud

On 1/1/2021 at 8:42 PM, LÉON said:

I always felt that Sarah didn't get enough lines.

GODrah definitely didn’t get enough lines. 

Just nipping in to say that Love Is the Key (Thriller Jill mix) should’ve been a single! 

On 2/12/2021 at 4:10 AM, Ruthless Love said:

Tangled Up and Out of Control were so mishandled, and I completely blame the transition from Polydor to Fascination.

In comparison to what? ari9 Call The Shots was a big hit and TU was one of their most critically successful albums, while OOC became their biggest-selling album featuring another Platinum-selling lead single.

On 2/15/2021 at 5:29 AM, LÉON said:

In comparison to what? ari9 Call The Shots was a big hit and TU was one of their most critically successful albums, while OOC became their biggest-selling album featuring another Platinum-selling lead single.

In comparison to their previous releases, capping each album off at three singles was a mistake, especially when both were FILLED with potential hits.

22 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

In comparison to their previous releases, capping each album off at three singles was a mistake, especially when both were FILLED with potential hits.

There were other great songs on both but I don't think anything other than what was released was going to be a hit.

What really was an issue was ending their career with Beautiful 'Cause You Flopped Me

20 minutes ago, LÉON said:

There were other great songs on both but I don't think anything other than what was released was going to be a hit.

I could name a few songs from both albums which could have come as fourth singles.

35 minutes ago, LÉON said:

What really was an issue was ending their career with Beautiful 'Cause You Flopped Me

Again, Fascination did not give a shit, and "Beautiful 'Cause You Loved Me" was barely given the proper treatment as a single release.

55 minutes ago, Ruthless Love said:

I could name a few songs from both albums which could have come as fourth singles.

Again, Fascination did not give a shit, and "Beautiful 'Cause You Loved Me" was barely given the proper treatment as a single release.

Such as?

Justice for OTM alex1

On 2/17/2021 at 3:22 PM, Ruthless Love said:

Tangled Up:

• Close to Love
  • Control of the Knife

Out of Control:

• Love Is the Key
  • Turn to Stone
  • Revolution in the Head

Most of those are good songs, but I can't imagine any of them being hits bebe1

10 hours ago, Ruthless Love said:

Did I say I was asking for hits? jj1

Why would you release a single and not expect it to be a hit? rip2

On 1/2/2021 at 3:42 AM, LÉON said:

I always felt that Sarah didn't get enough lines.

I'm not sure, she can sustain belted notes quite well, but otherwise she probably has the least impressive vocal ability.

Imo Nicola should've had lead more, she was the strongest vocally yet barely ever had lead.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:15 PM, LÉON said:

Justice for OTM alex1

A bop. cry9

9 hours ago, Billie Frank said:

I'm not sure, she can sustain belted notes quite well, but otherwise she probably has the least impressive vocal ability.

Imo Nicola should've had lead more, she was the strongest vocally yet barely ever had lead.

A bop. cry9

I don't think Sarah is particularly vocally gifted, but I like the sound of her voice. I love her outros on The Promise and Whole Lotta History, for example.

I used to love Nicola at the time, but her voice grates on me now ari1 Memory Of You is cute though. Kimberley is also underrated!

42 minutes ago, LÉON said:

I don't think Sarah is particularly vocally gifted, but I like the sound of her voice. I love her outros on The Promise and Whole Lotta History, for example.

I used to love Nicola at the time, but her voice grates on me now ari1 Memory Of You is cute though. Kimberley is also underrated!

For me it's Nicola/Nadine > Cheryl > Kimberley > Sarah.

Sarah normally sounds terrible live when not belting though, she's far too nasal.

With Kimberlay her voice is very limited and she often struggles with vocals that aren't that hard, it seems her breath support is very poor.

Nadine and Nicola are the only members i'd consider vocally confident, although Nadine tends to shout and over push a bit.

Untouchable is probably vocally their best single as both Nadine and Nicola get to shine and all members have a "stand out" moment.