Firdawsi

Zootopia Becomes China’s Highest-Grossing Animation Ever

zootopia_threepeat

This was the weekend that Paramount was supposed to have unveiled the French feature The Little Prince. However, they abandoned the film’s U.S. release, and the big story instead is that Disney’s Zootopia managed to stay atop the American box office for a third straight weekend, becoming the first animated feature to three-peat in the U.S. since The Lego Movie in 2014.

In its third weekend, Zootopia experienced another phenomenal hold, dropping a slim 25.9% for an estimated $38 million weekend. Its total gross is $201.8m. The furry stars also stayed atop the international box office, nabbing $64.8m, lifting the global total to $591.7m.

Its top foreign country is China ($173.4m), where the film has surpassed Kung Fu Panda 3 and Monkey King: Hero Is Back to become the highest-grossing animated feature ever released in that country.

Here are the worldwide grosses for some of Disney’s other recent features, to give a sense of how well the film is performing:

Frozen (2013) — $1.27 billion
Big Hero 6 (2014) — $657.8 million
Tangled (2010) — $591.8 million
Zootopia(2016) — $591.7 million
Wreck-It Ralph (2012) — $471.2 million
Bolt (2008) — $310 million
The Princess and the Frog (2009) — $267 million

X

17 minutes ago, DominicBMareaux said:

I don't wanna be one of those twinks that go to a Pixar movie and leave to prevent oneself from slapping a little condom-malfunctioning , germ infected, snotty nose bitch in the face for saying I talk like a girl. aretha1

Again. aretha1

It's not Pixar jj2

1 minute ago, DominicBMareaux said:

Write what you want, say what you want 'bout me, but that juice box bitch won't try me again. Next time I'll slap her, her mother and sleep with her father. aretha1

Your desire to harm innocent people, and ruin marriages is disturbing, but slay I guess cry9 

Just now, WinnieThePooh said:

Not Iggy!!! cry9 

I'm a GGD immigrant, so I'm not sure if going entirely off topic is warnable here. That site is a tragic hot mess, what kind of grown men collect barbie dolls and are racist to their own kind, but anyways, that's another story. I'll be following you because you slè. aretha1

1 minute ago, DominicBMareaux said:

I'm a GGD immigrant, so I'm not sure if going entirely off topic is warnable here. That site is a tragic hot mess, what kind of grown men collect barbie dolls and are racist to their own kind, but anyways, that's another story. I'll be following you because you slè. aretha1

???? cry9 Tragique cry9

And thank you for following me cry9 

Also going off topic "isn't allowed", but 99% of the time nothing happens cry9