Luca

Producer alleges Ariana Grande’s new single a ‘rip-off’ of his track

ARIANA Grande’s new single Be Alright is a radio-ready dance track — but did she rip it off from another artist?

Many fans are pointing out the track’s marked similarities with Firefly, a 2015 dance track by 19-year-old British producer Mura Masa.

Give the two tracks a listen below:

Ariana Grande - Be Alright

Mura Masa - Firefly

Be Alright is the latest track to be released from Grande’s upcoming third albumDangerous Woman, released next month. Six writers are credited with penning the track, but Mura Masa — real name Alex Crossan — is not among them.

Masa himself has addressed the talk, tweeting that he didn’t produce Be Alrightalong with a shady tea-sipping gif:

yeah i didn't produce that ariana grande trackpic.twitter.com/3wY3nNNB2p

— ㅤ (@mura_masa_) March 18, 2016

He’s also labelled Ariana’s song a “rip-off” when fans have tweeted him asking if he was involved with the track:

@manilakilla nope, ripoff

— ㅤ (@mura_masa_) March 23, 2016

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/producer-alleges-ariana-grandes-new-single-a-ripoff-of-his-track/news-story/dada48c726efa4a1b002ae1f5e9a7db0

Just now, Hyun. said:

It sounds a bit inspired by it, if anything. They just have a similar tropical sound. orangu1

Just now, McAllister said:

and by that being said, Ariana has been working on this track since begin 2015 when she started teasing it throughout Snapchat orangu1 

Mura Musa Mess orangu1 

7 minutes ago, McAllister said:

I wouldn't even say it's a ripoff orangu1 no one heard of this producer/artist thingy orangu1 

I'm not taking sides since I haven't listened to either nor care enough to, but are you suggesting that it's okay to copy someone's work because they're not famous? orangu1 

18 minutes ago, McAllister said:

I wouldn't even say it's a ripoff orangu1 no one heard of this producer/artist thingy orangu1 

thats not how it works sis orangu1 

OT: doesn't sounds like a rip-off of his although it is a BOP demi1 

19 minutes ago, Jony Ive said:

I'm not taking sides since I haven't listened to either nor care enough to, but are you suggesting that it's okay to copy someone's work because they're not famous? orangu1 

Not at all orangu1 the chance is smaller that a well known artist will copy something from an artist who's not known by the gp orangu1 

3 minutes ago, McAllister said:

Not at all orangu1 the chance is smaller that a well known artist will copy something from an artist who's not known by the gp orangu1 

Quite the opposite tbh, it's harder to get exposed since the original is widely unknown, not to mention that indie musicians tend to be much more creative wendy1  

2 minutes ago, Jony Ive said:

Quite the opposite tbh, it's harder to get exposed since the original is widely unknown, not to mention that indie musicians tend to be much more creative wendy1  

whatever it is, it's not a ripoff wendy1 read up to see wendy1 

I can give u this wendy1 

this was uploaded in June 2015 jj2 - which means they already started producing the song while that song in the OP didn't even released his single jj2 

Proves yet again how Queeniana slays your weave whit1