Firdawsi

Formula E driver willing to sing Taylor Swift songs naked for FanBoost

032916_motor_abt_formula_e.vadapt.664.hi

Formula E driver Daniel Abt has came up with a daring plan to get fans to vote for him to win FanBoost for Saturday’s Long Beach ePrix.

At the Mexico City ePrix, drivers found out just how important FanBoost is when Lucas di Grassi used it to pass Jerome d’Ambrosio for the lead and the win… until he was later disqualified for having an underweight car.

The Long Beach ePrix marks the sixth round of the season this weekend, and it is crunch time for the drivers to try and win FanBoost.

Fans can visit the FanBoost web page to give their favorite driver a chance to win an extra power boost during the race. Six minutes into the race, voting ends and the top three drivers on the leaderboard are permitted to use FanBoost one time once they’re in their second car.

At the time of writing, Stephane Sarrazin, Nick Heidfeld and Lucas di Grassi are at the top of the leaderboard - while Daniel Abt is all the way back in 10th.

On Tuesday, Abt realized he needed some more votes, and so made a deal with the fans:

Ok guys I need to find new solutions to get #FanBoost! If I win it I'll go naked on the grid singing Taylor Swift songs. So RT! �� #DanielAbt

— Daniel Abt (@Daniel_Abt) March 29, 2016

Other drivers have taken notice of Abt’s tactics but, sitting second on the leaderboard, Nick Heidfeld has chose not to revert to them for now…

Ok,u ask why I dont offer same naked singing as @Daniel_Abt ..? I assume he simply has bigger balls!Not 100% sure,though,shall see Saturday��

— Nick Heidfeld (@NickHeidfeld) March 29, 2016

Coverage of the Long Beach ePrix will begin with qualifying on FS2 at 5:30 p.m. ET Saturday, with LIVE race coverage starting immediately after at 6:30 p.m. ET on FS1.

X