Firdawsi

Woman given two weeks to live is now cancer free - after her mum Googled treatments

Angel Tocknell at her home in Surrey - A terminally ill woman weeks from death is thanking her mum for saving her life after she discovered a lifesaving treatment online. Angel Tocknell, 31, from Surrey, was diagnosed with aggressive cervical cancer after months of back pain, heavy bleeding and weightlessness

Angel Tocknell, pictured at her home in Surrey, is now cancer free

A woman who was given two weeks to live because of an aggressive cancer has made an incredible recovery - because her mum Googled treatments.

Angel Tocknell, 31, was diagnosed with cervical cancer and doctors couldn't operate because her tumours were so big.

The mum-of-two, from Sutton, Surrey, had grown tennis-ball sized tumours across her pelvis, ovaries and cervix.

She was given pain relief before doctors said they could do nothing more for her, the Star reports.

Angel undergoing treatment - A terminally ill woman weeks from death is thanking her mum for saving her life after she discovered a lifesaving treatment online. Angel Tocknell, 31, from Surrey, was diagnosed with aggressive cervical cancer after months of back pain, heavy bleeding and weightlessness

Angel undergoing treatment for cancer

Angel Tocknell at her home in Surrey, UK with her 2 children Callum Perry, age 13, and Summer Sienna-Louise, age four

Angel at her home in Surrey with her two children Callum Perry, age 13, and Summer Sienna-Louise, age 4

But her mum Kathy was desperate to find alternative treatment and discovered brachytherapy, which blasts cancer cells with radioactive beams.

The treatment was effective and Angel has now been given the all clear.

Angel Tocknell at her home in Surrey, UK with her mother Cathy Tocknell - A terminally ill woman weeks from death is thanking her mum for saving her life after she discovered a lifesaving treatment online. Angel Tocknell, 31, from Surrey, was diagnosed with aggressive cervical cancer after months of back pain, heavy bleeding and weightlessness

Angel has her mum to thank after she Googled alternative treatments

Angel before diagnosis - A terminally ill woman weeks from death is thanking her mum for saving her life after she discovered a lifesaving treatment online. Angel Tocknell, 31, from Surrey, was diagnosed with aggressive cervical cancer after months of back pain, heavy bleeding and weightlessness

Angel before her diagnosis

Angel told the newspaper: “The thought of dying was terrifying.

“My mum refused to give up on me even when there was no treatment available.

“It took just three months from being told I was terminal to being rid of the cancer.”

Kathy, 67, said she couldn't 'just sit back and let [her] girl die'.

The pair have thanked the doctors who saved Angel's life.

X

Her son is so cute giveup1 

44 minutes ago, Sylkmonster said:

omg yass come through webmd cry6 when will real doctors eve1 

WebMD fucked me up too many times. eve1 

I can't count how many times it convinced me that I had Cancer. rih9

I called the ambulance once cuz I thought I was having an Aortic Aneurysm rip2

I'm never googling my symptoms ever again. moo4

But this story sounds too good to be true. But if it's true, OMGOMGOMG slay. This is the best thing ever. cry6 cry6 cry6 

1 minute ago, LG5 Pls Dont Flop said:

That's okay if whichever is the younger one was at least [insert age of consent] aretha1 

my grandparents were 25 years apart aretha1 

and my Grandma was underage aretha1 

Spoiler

by today's standards aretha1