DanceCommander

Dr. Luke's label is laying off employees

Dr. Luke's record label is conducting layoffs, a spokeperson for the megaproducer's Sony Music imprint Kemosabe Records has confirmed. However, the label isn't shutting down, according to a statement sent in reply to Pitchfork's questions. "Kemosabe Records and Sony elected to downsize certain departments," the statement reads. "Some of those functions will be handled by Sony as part of their joint venture relationship. Kemosabe continues to be fully operational and is excited about its current releases and the upcoming year." Pitchfork has reached out to ask why Kemosabe is downsizing and whether the reductions are linked to Dr. Luke'shigh-profile legal battle with Kesha.

http://pitchfork.com/news/64668-dr-lukes-kemosabe-records-confirms-layoffs/

He was so stupid to treat his one money making artist like dirt. 

1 minute ago, Onika said:

Kesha is literally the only one on that label that made any money (oh and Wrecking Ball, but Miley is on Kesha's side so) moo1 

wait. Miley was on Kemosabe? rip3 since WHEN??

Just now, Kesha Rose Sebert said:

wait. Miley was on Kemosabe? rip3 since WHEN??

Noo, she's not on Kemosabe, it just so happens that Wrecking Ball was the only project of Luke's that made any money outside of Kesha

1 minute ago, Onika said:

Noo, she's not on Kemosabe, it just so happens that Wrecking Ball was the only project of Luke's that made any money outside of Kesha

oh. brit3 i cant at how many hits hes made but she's such a shit persoon. rih9 

Just now, Kesha Rose Sebert said:

oh. brit3 i cant at how many hits hes made but she's such a shit persoon. rih9 

Yeah, I mean technically it may be true that Sony is just taking on some of the "functions" of Kemosabe, but I can assure you it's for that reason moo1  and the pattern will continue moo1 

51 minutes ago, Onika said:

Kesha is literally the only one that made the label any money (oh and Wrecking Ball, but Miley is on Kesha's side so) moo1 

I'm sorry to say that even if Kemosabe did go under, Luke is still the head of a very profitable publishing company, Prescription Songs. Many songwriters on it don't work directly with Luke so people will continue to work with them... Ammo, Cirkut, Becky G, Emily Warren, Bonnie Mckee, Benny Blanco, Katy Perry, Chloe Angelides, Sarah Hudson etc.

Sony clearly don't want to get rid of Kemosabe and even if they did, Luke is still gonna have income streams.

21 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

I'm sorry to say that even if Kemosabe did go under, Luke is still the head of a very profitable publishing company, Prescription Songs. Many songwriters on it don't work directly with Luke so people will continue to work with them... Ammo, Cirkut, Becky G, Emily Warren, Bonnie Mckee, Benny Blanco, Katy Perry, Chloe Angelides, Sarah Hudson etc.

Sony clearly don't want to get rid of Kemosabe and even if they did, Luke is still gonna have income streams.

Sony may have no choice but to shut down Kemosabe. They invested $60 million in the label, which now has millions of dollars in losses. Sony set up Kemosabe in return for an exclusive deal with Luke where only Sony artists (with a few exceptions like Katy Perry) could use Luke's songwriting and production services. Sony can shut down Kemosabe and still use Luke's production and songwriting companies. They just wouldn't have an exclusive arrangement with him anymore. And they may not care since he isn't a massive hit maker anymore.

46 minutes ago, Dangerous Jim said:

All irrelevant except for Katy ew2