Game of Thrones | The Complete Series

I did NOT waste 8 years of my life stanning for this amazing show for this terribly written and underwhelming mess dead1

I had lots of fun (more like I was an emotional mess) watching this episode! 

I assume we can post spoilers here, if not, well, don't read more I guess lol. 

But there were a couple of things that I am kinda triggered about, Dany just going all wheee all of sudden. I mean, I knew it was gonna happen, but the way they did it was bad. I think it needed more build-up for that scene, it almost felt like she was just like yaas I'm bored all of sudden lemme burn this shit down. If you get what I mean? 

Also Cersei and Jamie, their death was a huge disappointment, all these years waiting only to have a lame anticlimactic end for them. I really was expecting something more, epic, big, but it was just, bland. And to think, those two were my favourite characters, ugh. I think it would have been more epic to have a scene Cersei sitting on the throne, and have a face-to-face moment with Dany and have an epic fight or something dunno really. 

And to think, next episode is the last one, there should have been more build-up for this scene I think, and I feel like it's all going a bit too fast maybe? While the episode 3 was amazing, but the death of WW was kinda, idk. I feel like we should have had more? 

1 hour ago, Nenifir said:

I had lots of fun (more like I was an emotional mess) watching this episode! 

I assume we can post spoilers here, if not, well, don't read more I guess lol. 

But there were a couple of things that I am kinda triggered about, Dany just going all wheee all of sudden. I mean, I knew it was gonna happen, but the way they did it was bad. I think it needed more build-up for that scene, it almost felt like she was just like yaas I'm bored all of sudden lemme burn this shit down. If you get what I mean? 

Also Cersei and Jamie, their death was a huge disappointment, all these years waiting only to have a lame anticlimactic end for them. I really was expecting something more, epic, big, but it was just, bland. And to think, those two were my favourite characters, ugh. I think it would have been more epic to have a scene Cersei sitting on the throne, and have a face-to-face moment with Dany and have an epic fight or something dunno really. 

And to think, next episode is the last one, there should have been more build-up for this scene I think, and I feel like it's all going a bit too fast maybe? While the episode 3 was amazing, but the death of WW was kinda, idk. I feel like we should have had more? 

I agree.

The whole show has foreshadowed Dany becoming the Mad Queen. She is a Targaryen after all. Fire and blood is in her nature. She just lost half her army, two children, her best friend, Jorah, and Jon’s romantic interest for her. Girl snapped and it makes sense, but the MOMENT she snapped felt wrong.

They could’ve fixed it multiple ways.

1. Let’s say they rang the bells of surrender. Perhaps there is one Scorpion bolt left. They fire it at her and it and it hits Drogon. (wounding hit, not lethal hit) while she’s accepting their surrender. She loses her cool that they betrayed her and unleashes hell.

2. They never ring the bells at all. If they never accepted surrender, it’d make more sense for her to go on a rampage until Cersei admits defeat.

Speaking of Cersei... what a shitty end, especially for Jaime. The entire show had him GROWING and being guided by a moral compass, leaving his sister behind because she had just become a monster. It didn’t feel right with them dying in each others’ arms.

The one thing this episode that DID feel right was the Clegane Bowl. Them fighting to the death and the irony of The Hound dying to the flames was great. The bond with Arya served purpose too... her character GREW and she realized revenge is a slippery slope to death like him. It once consumed her life but now she sees there’s more to life.

I also think the green eyes Arya will silence will be Dany’s next episode...

They completely butchered Dany's character. It makes no sense for her to just snap like that. She has never enjoyed murdering innocents, she was only ruthless to her enemies all this time. And why couldn't she just take only the Red Keep out? There is literally no point in murdering innocent people on the streets.

And fuck what they did to Jaime as well. I was stupid enough to think that they set him up to go kill Cersei last episode, but no he's just her little lapdog apparently. And how the fuck can they write him saying "I never cared for the people". He's the Kingslayer to begin with because he didn't want to watch innocents die! What was the point of his character-arc? What was the point of his romance with Brienne? I stg if they make her be pregnant by this piece of shit they made him into...

And Cersei out of all the people gets a sympathetic death???

Fuck this show sideways.

5 hours ago, Ariana said:

I did NOT waste 8 years of my life stanning for this amazing show for this terribly written and underwhelming mess dead1

Right bebe1  My teenage years LOST 

8 hours ago, Umbreon said:

I also think the green eyes Arya will silence will be Dany’s next episode...

Littlefinger had green eyes though

D&D are really the shittiest writers, aren't they? GRRM is shit for making Dany go mad, but I'm SURE he'll do a much better job at writing it and making it make sense than these two clowns.

The fact that it literally makes no sense for her to kill innocent people when just 2 episodes ago, she was trying to save the realm from the White Walkers i-

hFHbW11.gif

Regardless of how bad this season was this last episode was actually pretty decent. I enjoyed it. Maybe it helped that after last week's disappointment I've read the leaks, so I had time to get used what's going to happen. All in all I'm mostly satisfied where each character ended up.

But it was still a horrible decision to sideline Bran so much, especially since the writers knew that he was going to be king in the end. He did literally nothing all season. um2 He should have been more instrumental in defeating the Night King not just acting as a glorified bait.

And Jon still trying to stick up for Dany in the beginning of the episode was so fucking annoying. dead2 Also, I never bought their love. Kit and Emilia just have no chemistry together, so the whole "You will always be my queen" thing was bleh.

Drogon mourning Dany was legit sad and emotional tho.

On 5/20/2019 at 6:49 PM, Kirjava said:

Drogon mourning Dany was legit sad and emotional tho.

Imagine having more chemistry with a CGI of a Dragon than with an on screen partner rip3 

(SPOILERS OBV)

Drogon was either the smartest dragon alive by realizing that the Iron Throne was a symbol of power that his mom was so obsessed with that ultimately was the reason she died in the quest for it or the dumbest dragon alive by thinking “POINTY CHAIR STABBED MY MOM!”

My thoughts on the episode tho: nicki2 

1. How anticlimactic was Dany’s death? The main character of the show and it’s like “stab, die.” Then the next scene is them choosing a new ruler like nothing happened. No rioting or reaction by the Dothraki. Just... “okay who is next?”

2. I’m actually okay with Bran. It’s left field but MOSTLY makes sense

3. Bran knows everything and is in the same scene as Arya when she wants to explore west to see if anything exists. 

4. When Sam suggested democracy dead2 

5. The pacing was fucking awful. They left a water bottle in again. This season was so rushed. Fuck D&D for fucking over GoT with its last season meg1 

Watching season 8 now. First two episodes were pretty good if somewhat questionable (Daenerys likes her father now? And she's mad at Jaime now and had nothing to say when she was within spitting distance of him last season?) but The Long Night was pretty lame nicki5 

55 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Watching season 8 now. First two episodes were pretty good if somewhat questionable (Daenerys likes her father now? And she's mad at Jaime now and had nothing to say when she was within spitting distance of him last season?) but The Long Night was pretty lame nicki5 

Perched for your thoughts when you watch The Bells rih1 

13 minutes ago, Hylia said:

Perched for your thoughts when you watch The Bells rih1 

Yeah, we'll see rip2 My expectations are more tempered, so I think I may enjoy this show's conclusion more than some others.

The Long Night though...I don't know who saw the cinematography in Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem and the action in Batman Begins and thought "If only we could do both!" rip2 especially since this show has had some really good action based episodes like The Watchers on the Wall and Battle of the Bastards.