Agugaga

Why didn't Britney inspire a whole generation of singers like Xtina?

4 minutes ago, Agugaga said:

Cut to 3 years later

Gaga: I'm not a dumb blonde pop star who lip synchs at her concerts. lmfao1

Miley Cyrus' statements are highly forced since Larry Rudolph managed her and forced her to say that.

Same with Demi who constantly praised Xtina except for a year when she was banned from doing so because she was a judge on The X Factor with Britney. lmfao1

all these excuses lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1 so pathetic lmfao1 

1 minute ago, trashmagic said:

Spears has been cited as a musical inspiration by contemporary artists. 

Lana Del Rey said: "I'm not really interested in a ton of female musicians but there is something about Britney that compelled me – the way she sings and just the way she looks."[250] Del Rey also said that the music video for "Toxic" inspires her.[251] During the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards, Lady Gaga said that Spears "taught us all how to be fearless, and the industry wouldn't be the same without her."[252] Gaga has also cited Spears as an influence, calling her "the most provocative performer of my time".[253] Miley Cyrus credits Spears as her biggest inspiration, and has referenced the singer in her hit song "Party in the U.S.A." (2009).[254][255] Spears's personal breakdown was also cited as an inspiration for Barry Manilow's album 15 Minutes.[256]

Spears performing on March 5, 2009

Spears has also become a major influence on many other contemporary artists, including Demi Lovato,[257] Katy Perry,[257] Kelly Key,[258] Kristinia DeBarge,[259] Little Boots,[260] Charli XCX,[261] Marina and the Diamonds,[262] Tegan and Sara,[263] Pixie Lott,[264] Girls' Generation, Selena Gomez,[265] Tinashe, Victoria Justice[266] and The Saturdays.[267] Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas revealed to The Hollywood Reporter that she was happy with Spears's return to the music industry, and continued, "It's amazing. For this many years being in the business, and everything she's been through, it's wonderful to see her make this huge of a comeback. Really, it's a beautiful thing."[268] Simon Cowell explained that he is "fascinated by [Britney]. The fact that she's one of the most talked about – not just pop stars – but people in the world today, means that you've got this star power. [...] She's still hot, she's still having hit records and she's still controversial, there's a reason for that."[269] Jessica Jung and Hyoyeon of the Korean girl group Girls' Generation have also been compared to Spears, due to their blonde hair and the latter's abilities as a dancer.[270]

Marina and the Diamonds named Spears as the main influence behind her album Electra Heart, stating that, "I think people thought I was joking about that for a long time. But when I was a teenager there was a genuine connection with this sweet girl who also had this very sexual side that people didn't really want to accept [...] Britney is really smart. And in the way that she inspired Electra Heart, if you step back from all the cynical stuff, it actually focuses on the idea of innocence being mixed with darkness. For some reason I really like that combination. I suppose because you don't really connect innocence with darkness."[271] Diamandis has also stated that Spears is her main influence when it comes to popular culture and that Spears is one she aspired to being growing up.[272]

Spears has had a direct influence on singer Porcelain Black's work after growing up around her music as a child. Black describes her music as a "love child between" Marilyn Manson and Spears, with Spears's work being one of the main inspirations for Black's debut album Mannequin Factory.[273] Bebo Norman wrote a song about Spears, called "Britney", which was released as a single. Boy band Busted also wrote a song about Spears called "Britney", which was on their debut album. South Korean singer, BoA has also spoken of love and Spears's influence on her. First meeting in 2003 while Spears was promoting In The Zone – Britney would later provide a writing credit to the song "Look Who's Talking" on BoA's eponymous debut English album. Spears's version of the song leaked in 2012.[274][275]

Adele has also stated multiple times that she is a big fan of Britney. In fact, Adele once cancelled her show by calling in sick just to go to a Britney concert that was on the same day.[278

oh wow! poor TV Personality stans lmfao1

9NEsmKJ.gif

2 minutes ago, Radar said:

oh wow! poor TV Personality stans lmfao1

9NEsmKJ.gif

if only britney could get coins from pressing a button all day...poor girl has a sold out Vegas residency + magazines to cover instead ny3

Y'all are doing the most here. Agu clearly meant inspiring a generation of people who can sing, not inspiring people who wanted to be in the music business. Actually he probably didn't mean that but I am sure he will make a new thread and use it fall2 

1 minute ago, Dita said:

Y'all are doing the most here. Agu clearly meant inspiring a generation of people who can sing, not inspiring people who wanted to be in the music business. Actually he probably didn't mean that but I am sure he will make a new thread and use it fall2 

do you actually mean Adele, Pixie Lott, Marina, Charli, Miley, Miranda Lambert etc. can't sing? wow  lmfao1

10 minutes ago, Alejandreaux said:

this really might be the biggest backlash in a thread i think ive ever seen in BGs lmfao1

let Agu rest a bit before you continue damaging ha scalp like this! awk1

Never! OFF WITH HA WEAVE! ny1 

12 minutes ago, Alejandreaux said:

this really might be the biggest backlash in a thread i think ive ever seen in BGs lmfao1

let Agu rest a bit before you continue damaging ha scalp like this! awk1

Myth X always loses clap3 

3 minutes ago, Radar said:

do you actually mean Adele, Pixie Lott, Marina, Charli, Miley, Miranda Lambert etc. can't sing? wow  lmfao1

No you misread. I think he means X inspired a generation of artists who wanted to be singers. Britney inspires most people in the music industry. Adele and co. will consider Brit influential for her success and achievements, not really her singing style. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.