SeekingThrill

Does your fave have a hit song without music video promo?

Katy had lots iirc dead2 

ET, POM,Dark Horse, Roar all went #1 before the video premiered yas1

maybe Fantasy and OSD debuted at #1 before the video idk shrug1 

BTW debuted at #1

so did HIAM

probably most of them did, yeah dead2 

4 minutes ago, Newton said:

Katy had lots iirc dead2 

ET, POM,Dark Horse, Roar all went #1 before the video premiered yas1

maybe Fantasy and OSD debuted at #1 before the video idk shrug1 

BTW debuted at #1

so did HIAM

probably most of them did, yeah dead2 

I am talking about the songs without music videos. lj1

So, let's start

No video at all:

Holiday #16 US, #2 UK (video was filmed but it wasn't released because she hated it, leaked few years ago)

Angel #5 US, #5 UK

Keep it together #8 US

Hanky Panky #10 US, #2 UK

Rescue me #9 US, #3 UK

The look of love #9 UK

One more chance #11 UK

And we have these

Crazy for You #1 US, #2 UK - MTV was desperate for her videos so her label took scenes from movie for this

Gambler #wasntreleased US, #4 UK - for this too

Into the groove #wasntreleased US, #1 UK - for this too

Causing a commotion #2 US, #4 UK  - for this too

Don't cry for me Argentina #8 US, #3 UK - for this too

Another suitcase in another hall #7 UK - for this too

Dress you up #5 US, #5 UK - live video from tour

1 minute ago, LG5 Pls Dont Flop said:

When will your faves get a #1 from a random live performance lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1lmfao1

The fact that they never even recorded a studio version dead1 

also videos of Make It Happen, Hero, Without You, Open Arms, Forever, Thank God I Found You are all basically live performances too dead1 

Just now, Newton said:

also videos of Make It Happen, Hero, Without You, Open Arms, Forever, Thank God I Found You are all basically live performances too dead1 

But this one is different though because it wasn't even intended to be a single ny1

Mariah Carey had included "I'll Be There" as a last-minute addition to her MTV Unplugged setlist, after she had been informed that most acts on the show commonly perform at least one cover. "I'll Be There" was the sixth track on Carey'sMTV Unplugged special, taped on March 16, 1992. It was performed as a romantic duet, with Carey singing Michael Jackson's lines and R&B singer Trey Lorenz singing Jermaine Jackson's lines. The program and resulting MTV Unpluggedalbum were produced by Carey and Walter Afanasieff, who played the piano for the performance. Boyz II Men's Wanya Morris sang the song with Carey in the concert home video, Fantasy: Mariah Carey at Madison Square Garden.

The MTV Unplugged special aired on May 20, 1992, and was a notable success. Carey's label, Columbia Records, received many requests to release "I'll Be There" as a single, which had not been planned. A radio edit of the song was created which removed dialogue portions of the performance, and "I'll Be There" was released as a single. In the U.S., the song was issued with "So Blessed" as a B-side; in the United Kingdom, the "I'll Be There" single included the live version of "Vision of Love", and the album versions of "If It's Over" and "All in Your Mind".

"I'll Be There" was nominated for the 1993 Grammy Award for Best R&B Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals andBest R&B Song

8 minutes ago, Newton said:

Live videos were used very often to promote songs back in 80s and 90s, thread asks for hit with no video at all sia1

1 minute ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Live videos were used very often to promote songs back in 80s and 90s, thread asks for hit with no video at all sia1

you posted lots of singles that did get videos in the end sia1 

4 minutes ago, Newton said:

you posted lots of singles that did get videos in the end sia1 

Not really, Mariah was actually singing in those videos, videos that you're talking about were just scenes from movies where Madonna wasn't even opening her mouth because of course songs weren't featured in movies (excluding Crazy for you, Gambler and Argentina) and I already mentioned that mj1

26 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

So, let's start

No video at all:

Holiday #16 US, #2 UK (video was filmed but it wasn't released because she hated it, leaked few years ago)

Angel #5 US, #5 UK

Keep it together #8 US

Hanky Panky #10 US, #2 UK

Rescue me #9 US, #3 UK

The look of love #9 UK

One more chance #11 UK

And we have these

Crazy for You #1 US, #2 UK - MTV was desperate for her videos so her label took scenes from movie for this

Gambler #wasntreleased US, #4 UK - for this too

Into the groove #wasntreleased US, #1 UK - for this too

Causing a commotion #2 US, #4 UK  - for this too

Don't cry for me Argentina #8 US, #3 UK - for this too

Another suitcase in another hall #7 UK - for this too

Dress you up #5 US, #5 UK - live video from tour

1 minute ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Not really, Mariah was actually singing in those videos, videos that you're talking about were just scenes from movies where Madonna wasn't even opening her mouth because of course songs weren't featured in movies (excluding Crazy for you and Gambler which she sang in movie) and I already mentioned that mj1

a video is still a music video if it has music in it wendy2

this thread is about whether a song became a hit w/o video promo, so I guess songs that smashed before the video premiere should count wendy2

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LET ME BOP MY PUSSY TO IT  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.