Honey

Speak Now (Album) Appreciation Thread

Okay, whether you like this album or not, it has some MAJOR winners track wise. Barely any fillers, each song perfectly keeping the theme of the album. yas2 

And it gave us ENCHANTED 

I adore this album so much, because it keeps the old Taylor charm front and center, but you can sense the vibes of her changing and experiencing new things through her music. From Mine all the way to Superman, this album never fails to wow me when I play it back. cry7 

I remember when I was younger and i fell under the influence of the "hating Taylor" bandwagoning wendy1 I was still knocked off of my feet by Mine when it first aired. The music video has stuck with me for years and years even though I haven't watched it since it originally came out. antm1 

Just... this album cry0 Like it or not, this album swells with emotion and a sense of fullness that I haven't seen (In my opinion) beaten by Taylor yet. 

What are your thoughts on this masterpiece??? 

@Honey~ Let me come back to this tomorrow, as I have to log off for the night but I agree with all you've said especially:

"Barely any fillers, each song perfectly keeping the theme of the album.

yas2 

And it gave us ENCHANTED 

I adore this album so much, because it keeps the old Taylor charm front and center, but you can sense the vibes of her changing and experiencing new things through her music. From Mine all the way to Superman, this album never fails to wow me when I play it back. 

"this album swells with emotion and a sense of fullness that I haven't seen (In my opinion) beaten by Taylor yet."

yas2

Taylor's best and most underrated album to date oprah4

Mine  oprah4

Sparks Fly  oprah4

Back to December  oprah4

Enchanted  oprah4

Last Kiss  oprah4

Ours  oprah4

& many more  oprah4

Mine especially still hit me like a truck every time I listen to it oprah4

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter
You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Strangle me with feels Taylor oprah4

Just now, Snow said:

Taylor's best and most underrated album to date oprah4

Mine  oprah4

Sparks Fly  oprah4

Back to December  oprah4

Enchanted  oprah4

Last Kiss  oprah4

Ours  oprah4

& many more  oprah4

Mine especially still hit me like a truck every time I listen to it

Do you remember, we were sitting there by the water?
You put your arm around me for the first time
You made a rebel of a careless man’s careful daughter
You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.

Strangle me with feels Taylor oprah4

Preach it sis preach it oprah7 

The amount of sheer emotion that is just pouring from this album. My heart still melts every time i hear Enchanted brit2 

Makes me believe in love again brit2 

Just now, Honey~ said:

Preach it sis preach it oprah7 

The amount of sheer emotion that is just pouring from this album. My heart still melts every time i hear Enchanted brit2 

Makes me believe in love again brit2 

The entire album is so personal yet extremely relatable and pretty much every single track destroy me every time I listen to the album oprah4
I'm still a bit mad she never released Enchanted as a single since that song drowns me in feels but at least we have the Wonderstruck ads oprah4

It's short but it's good enough oprah4 Why must she leave me bald and heartbroken like this oprah4 

Just now, Snow said:

The entire album is so personal yet extremely relatable and pretty much every single track destroy me every time I listen to the album oprah4
I'm still a bit mad she never released Enchanted as a single since that song drowns me in feels but at least we have the Wonderstruck ads oprah4

It's short but it's good enough oprah4 Why must she leave me bald and heartbroken like this oprah4 

I knowwwww. The entire album is so relatable, but so her. It's what she does best. I love all of the other albums, but none of them hit home like this. brit2 Did you know that Enchanted was originally the name of the album? They changed it because they felt it didn't fit the album's theme brit2 

I remember the first time i listened to Enchanted... I couldn't sleep all night because it was stuck in my head, so I really did dance around all alone in my room all night thinking of my crush cry5 The memories. 

thank you @Honey~ for making this thread, i want to listen to this album now.

it's my favorite Taylor album and the only one where I love every single song. alex1 

enchanted is the best but there are so many gems. back to december alex1 never grow up brit2 dear john brit2 long live alex1 last kiss brit2 the story of us alex1 

Just now, Dr. Slay said:

Omg YASSSS fall1

I LIVED for this era fall2
I remember when she was just an old country girl who was begging her parents to move to Nashville fall7fall7

Did you guys ever look through the little secret messages in the booklets? maisy

YES I was obsessed with those messages fall1 

Just now, Ginger Spice said:

thank you @Honey~ for making this thread, i want to listen to this album now.

it's my favorite Taylor album and the only one where I love every single song. alex1 

enchanted is the best but there are so many gems. back to december alex1 never grow up brit2 dear john brit2 long live alex1 last kiss brit2 the story of us alex1 

Dear John oh my godddd brit2 

I remember at first i avoided this song because it was almost 7 minutes long dead2 But i repented hard when i finally heard it cry5 I honestly like it more than All Too Well

Just now, Dr. Slay said:

She's gotten so far cry7

She really has brit2 

Just now, Ginger Spice said:

omg i forgot how much long live slays.

"I had the time of my life fighting dragons with you" cry5 

Long Live is a perfect closer antm1 Gives such a satisfying end to a fantastic album. (For the standard version jj2)