Agugaga

Katy will flop harder than Gaga next era

4 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Katy Perry is getting older (she's over 30), Dr. Lucifer is done, and she underperformed quite a lot during her previous era, e.g. Unconditionally, Birthday, This Is How We Do (don't bring me spotify receipts no1curr). She won't be facing any more success.

She had a good run though, I wish the sis well!

these again. orangu1 

---

Why are people so fixated on her singles? When in fact her album sales and tour gross are what mattered most. I just don't get this. dead7 

2 minutes ago, Carlos said:

these again. orangu1 

---

Why are people so fixated on her singles? When in fact her album sales and tour gross are what mattered most. I just don't get this. dead7 

Her album sales ain't that impressive. Touring doesn't translate into commercial success. Madonna's tours are huge but her music has been flopping. 

7 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Her album sales ain't that impressive. Touring doesn't translate in commercial success. Madonna's tours are huge but her music has been flopping. 

Prism is pretty consistent for a third album compared to other pop girl's junior album, main or non pop girl. She still has a long way to go.

Tour gross DOES translate in commercial success, lmao.

Literally, you're just unnecessarily nitpicking KP, rn. But ok.

3 hours ago, McDreamy said:

I wish, but she will continue to release basic generic songs which radio will eat up and she's also big in streaming services so it will be easy for to get a hit.

+let's not forget she also does tons of promo

true

OT:

I dont think she'll flop, just like Adele & Taylor didn't, those gurls are loved by the GP, so sadly she won't flop tbh

5 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Prism is pretty consistent for a third album compared to other pop girl's junior album, main or non pop girl. She still has a long way to go.

Tour gross translates DOES translate in commercial success, lmao.

Literally, you're just unnecessarily nitpicking KP, rn. But ok.

It's definitely underwhelming when she had two mega hits and the Super Bowl.

And it really doesn't, touring =/= chart success and sales. 

Don't worry, she'll be fine. An artist her age just has to go through that one stage in their career.

fK0diYI.gif

4 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Don't worry, she'll be fine. An artist her age just has to go through that one stage in their career.

fK0diYI.gif

we're running in circles here, touring IS part of success, I just cant at this logic, But you do you tho.

Not only she'll do fine, she'll do great.

lotus1 

Just now, Carlos said:

we're running in circles here, touring IS part of success, I just cant at this logic, But you do you tho.

Not only she'll do fine, she'll do great.

lotus1 

I guess we're gonna have to wait and see

9MUa2wu.gif

5 hours ago, Agugaga said:

Both of their last eras ended on a sour note.

Katy fans cling on to the fact that "Prism" outsold "ArtPop

Gaga's last era was Cheek To Cheek oprah8 

Isn't Katy working with Diplo and Dallas Austin? It's already been said she hasn't worked with Dr. Luke so she's definitely switching things up. You all doubt her but she'll do good as always.

Honestly... I typically hate how petty these threads are and won't reply but it drives me crazy how people seem to think PRISM was a flop??? Most pop girls wish they could have a flop era like that if you consider that a flop. And in what terms is every single charting within top 40 and 2 #1s a flop honestly?? Have any of the current pop girls achieved that in recent years? 

Let me refer y'all to this thread because it's really important: http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6443782/katy-perry-prism-era-is-impressive

If you're comparing literally any album to Teenage Dream you're going to find that 90% of the time most albums appear to be flops in comparison but Katy is legitimately following MJ's success and regardless Katy was the top paid musician last year and PRISM's tour was one of the most acclaimed and highest grossing tours at it's time.

And honestly... Katy is a smart person.. she left the scene because she knew that if y'all saw more of her she'd burn herself out. (Which is exactly what Taylor is doing... no shade I like her but it's true.) Part of the reason why Katy cancelled Legendary Lovers was because of the super bowl but it's highly speculated and kinda obvious she didn't want to over-saturate the market with herself either.

Y'all are acting like Katy is out of the spotlight constantly but in reality she's using just the amount of promo to stay in the spotlight and she's just warming up again??? She performed at the grammys last year and the superbowl and she just performed at the CMTs? How is that out of the spotlight?? Taylor and half of the other pop girls have the same amount of award show performances as Katy had in the past year and Katy doesn't even have an album out?? And she's literally on commercials 24/7. And she still remains the most followed person on Twitter.

All Katy needs is some good music to make her next era not flop and reportedly Katy isn't working with Luke this era. But honestly Max Martin and her other producers are just as good (actually better) and it's not like she can't find someone else. Katy is evaluating this era carefully and she said herself she can't make pointless bops anymore and that she needs to mature. She'll probably come out with songs like Ghost, It Takes Two, etc. lyrically next era.

Y'all honestly are so quick to drag her but honestly where the fuck are any of the other pop girls besides Rih and Ariana in the music scene? And is Ariana even considered a pop girl yet? (No shade @ her I love her that's a real question..) They're literally just doing irrelevant TV shows that the general public doesn't even pay attention to besides AHS. And honestly... if Rih can recover from being out of the spotlight for so long when her success for the longest time depended on being promoted constantly then so can Katy.

6 hours ago, Quinn said:

Let's also remember how quiet Katy was between the Teenage Dream and Prism eras. And recall how she smashed Applause into the ground when Roar finally came around. How many certifications did AppleSauce end up with anyway? And G.U.Y.? What about DWUW? Why hasn't Gaga had a #1 since Born This Way? But Katy's the flop, here. Sure Jan.

The Tenage Dream era ended in the Summer of 2012, while the Prism era launched the following summer.

That was a year break. Barely a year considering "Wide Awake" didn't even fall off the charts until October 2012. 

"Dark Horse" was her last top 10 entry which was over 2 years ago. The length in time has doubled between eras, and there's still no sign of her releasing anything anytime soon.

Its quite safe to say the momentum is much less headed into her next era.

5 hours ago, Galaxy said:

Her album sales ain't that impressive. Touring doesn't translate into commercial success. Madonna's tours are huge but her music has been flopping. 

her album sales arent that impressive yet Prism outsells keshas entire discography lmao wyd

4 hours ago, Hylia said:

Isn't Katy working with Diplo and Dallas Austin? It's already been said she hasn't worked with Dr. Luke so she's definitely switching things up. You all doubt her but she'll do good as always.

i remember reading that dr lukes sister said katy is not even in touch with dr luke anymore so yeah i doubt he will be part of KP4

10 hours ago, Galaxy said:

fK0diYI.gif

SB does no shit for sales, fyi

you expect football stans to buy pop music?

fK0diYI.gif

10 hours ago, Galaxy said:

not when PRISM was the 2nd best selling female album released in 2013 (after BEYONCE)

fK0diYI.gif

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The irony of your posts considering who you stan is quite hilarious.  

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.