Album Dua Lipa | Self-titled Debut Album | June 2, 2017

73 posts in this topic

On 12/30/2016 at 8:05 PM, blankdreams. said:

if this album is delaying again I'm putting my money and wig glue on larsson instead

it's not being delayed

Album is delayed until June 2nd.

7b52df66a6b2c58e356396b5a92b4da0.jpg

On 01/01/2017 at 11:26 PM, ♚Missy♚ said:
On 30/12/2016 at 7:05 AM, blankdreams. said:

if this album is delaying again I'm putting my money and wig glue on larsson instead

it's not being delayed

!

larsson's not looking good either though damn.

she can change the cover now that she's at it tbh! eve1

Be The One is #10 on UK iTunes. Mess. fall2 

wat1 the topic title needs to be changed

Her career has been a bit of a mess tbh um2 

Be The One should have been released in the UK ages earlier, Blow Your Mind was cute but not what she needed after the success of Hotter Than Hell. How many singles is it gonna be before people have bought most of the tracks and don't need the album? She's probably recording some more collabs seeing as No Lie is doing well, scared she's going to be a feature artist because no1curr to wait until June for ha. 

She still has a thing going for her. She has dedicated fans and catchy, meaningful music.

Her album might flop into oblivion but that doesn't mean her career will.

20 hours ago, intoyoueveryday said:

Feb 10th didn't happen. Pushed back, again, to June 2nd supposedly. 

Yes, it has been confirmed since January

2 minutes ago, Palm Beach said:

JUNE? oprah13 WHAT IS SHE THINKING? oprah13

It could be one of a few factors. Her label, Warner, .might want to build some momentum during the final leg of the european tour dates.

Or another factor might be that she wants to record some new tracks? The full tracklist/song titles is not yet finalized, afaik, so they could be doing some

last minute recording sessions. All speculation at this point. They might as well release an EP of the songs that are already out to tide over fans in the 

meantime. Or another factor could be that Warner thinks that the album won't be a big seller in the U.S, so the project is delayed. This happens to a lot

of new artists.

11 minutes ago, Miss Movin' On said:

It could be one of a few factors. Her label, Warner, .might want to build some momentum during the final leg of the european tour dates.

Or another factor might be that she wants to record some new tracks? The full tracklist/song titles is not yet finalized, afaik, so they could be doing some

last minute recording sessions. All speculation at this point. They might as well release an EP of the songs that are already out to tide over fans in the 

meantime. Or another factor could be that Warner thinks that the album won't be a big seller in the U.S, so the project is delayed. This happens to a lot

of new artists.

I understand why they do this sort of thing, I just think they should be trying to get this album out as fast as possible. It does make sense to try and get more sales in Europe, and new recording sessions are a possibility, but if she waits much longer any hype she had will be gone. 

I believe she already did an EP? I may be wrong though. 

And, at least here in Australia, it will sell very well. The singles have done well in the charts here, and if she times it right, she could possibly get a #1 album.