Derek Hale

WATCH: David Spade met Adele in an embarrassingly confusing way!

Los Angeles - David Spade recounted his embarrassing meeting with Adele. 

The 51-year-old comedian was starstruck when he spotted the 27-year-old singer at a restaurant but admitted that by the time he approached her he was "a little buzzed" and embarrassed himself.

Speaking on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, he said: "I was like, 'I think that's Adele.' I go, 'I'm not gonna say anything because I'm not like that'. Then I got a few knocks in me.

"I don't want to just bust in, so I do the procedure where I walk up, and her bodyguard is like, 'And you are?' And I go, 'Hey, can I go talk to Adele? I'm sort of a medium star'. 

"I go in. I don't say hello. I don't give her the cornball line. I go, 'Wassup.' I gave her the American one.

"I talked to her and she was very sweet. She goes, 'I'm playing the Staples Center in August.' I go, 'Oh, that whole month is tough for me'. She invites me and I don't even know what I'm saying, because I'm a little loopy, buzzed."

David claims he kept "yamming away" to Adele and her friends and joked it was "probably three or four minutes too long".

http://m.channel24.co.za/channel24/Gossip/News/watch-david-spade-met-adele-in-an-embarrassingly-confusing-way-20160420