Michael.

Sky Ferreira Shares Her Favorite Memory of Family Friend Michael Jackson (Britney related)

Afficher l'image d'origine

Sky Ferreira is known for her grunge-look and indie-pop music, but the rising star is now expanding into acting. 

But Ferreira is no stranger to Hollywood: Her grandmother was the late Michael Jackson’s hairstylist and friend. 

"He was someone that was really close to my family," she shared at the world premiere of Elvis & Nixon, held at the Tribeca Film Festival in New York on Monday. 

"I always used to sing for him," Ferreira shared. "I would sing gospel music [then] he told me to do opera, so I did both.

But one particular performance she gave at Neverland Ranch stands out in Ferreira's mind. 

The then 7-year-old was at Neverland Ranch when Jackson invited her to 'sing whatever you really want!' "I was sitting in the movie theatre and I [decided to perform] Britney Spears' "Lucky" for him!” 

Cringing as she recalls the memory, "I also did the talking part in the beginning – the whole entire thing!" 

What did the pop-legend think? "I mean, he liked it! I don't know – I think he liked it!"

x