Tasso

Lady Gaga and Elton John team up for Macy's clothing line

Lady Gaga and Elton John team up for Macy's clothing line

Lady Gaga and Sir Elton John are teaming up on a limited-edition line of clothing and accessories, WWD reports. The line, called Love Bravery, will be sold exclusively at macys.com beginning Saturday and in Macy's stores nationwide beginning May 9th.

Twenty five percent of each purchase will benefit the charities started by the superstars, the Born This Way Foundation and the Elton John AIDS Foundation. The line was created in collaboration with Gaga's sister Natali and designer Brandon Maxwell, with items including t-shirts, sweatshirts, outwerwear, beanies, speakers, skateboards, and more. Everything in the collection is under $100, with prices from $12 to $99.

"It's an honor to team up with Sir Elton John to create this line with Macy's," Gaga said. "We need to make the world a kinder and braver place where men and women everywhere are empowered to live with compassion. That's what Born This Way Foundation is all about, that's what the Elton John AIDS Foundation is all about and that's what Love Bravery is all about."

"I love the idea of fusing who you are on the inside — your passions and dreams — with what you wear on the outside," John added. "Love Bravery is about the compassion on the inside to understand someone's fears, and the bravery on the outside to stand up for them, and for yourself: to accept others for who they are and to be who you want to be. It's what I‘ve tried to do in my life, my career and with the Elton John AIDS Foundation, and it's a passion Lady Gaga and I share. So I'm thrilled we are collaborating on this project and delighted Macy's understood our dream to connect with people this way."

Gaga is set to make an appearance at Macy’s Herald Square in May

source

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6882421/lady-gaga-fashion-line-designer

“The thing is, at the end of the day, I have a real respect for fashion designers,” Gaga told The New York Post when asked whether she would take on yet another form of artistry. (Gaga nabbed a Golden Globe for her acting chops in American Horror Story earlier this year.

“It’s the reason I don’t have my own line and the reason I never will,” Gaga said told The Post. “If I ever do anything in fashion, it will always just be as a muse or as an aesthetic, creative.” Fair enough. Gaga is definitely a solid muse for any up-and-coming creator. 

brit14 

No shade to gags because I appreciate the point of this fashion line. I'm only bringing this up because I'm genuinely curious why she would say something like that TWO MONTHS before launching her own clothing line? Like... That's just weird. Is it just a super old quote that got published in February or did she really change her mind that fast?

23 minutes ago, Quinn said:

“The thing is, at the end of the day, I have a real respect for fashion designers,” Gaga told The New York Post when asked whether she would take on yet another form of artistry. (Gaga nabbed a Golden Globe for her acting chops in American Horror Story earlier this year.

“It’s the reason I don’t have my own line and the reason I never will,” Gaga said told The Post. “If I ever do anything in fashion, it will always just be as a muse or as an aesthetic, creative.” Fair enough. Gaga is definitely a solid muse for any up-and-coming creator. 

brit14 

No shade to gags because I appreciate the point of this fashion line. I'm only bringing this up because I'm genuinely curious why she would say something like that TWO MONTHS before launching her own clothing line? Like... That's just weird. Is it just a super old quote that got published in February or did she really change her mind that fast?

I remember her saying that too dead2 

But I think she meant a fashion line that she completely designed herself with a fashion show and everything (like Kanye is doing for example).

Her sister and Brandon are probably doing everything on this project and she just has her name attached to it. I could imagine that she's mostly doing this because part of the proceeds go the BTW Foundation & Elton's AIDS Foundation. 

Ofc I could be wrong tho sia2 We all know that she contradicts herself sometimes sia2 

On 27/4/2016 at 1:35 PM, Quinn said:

brit14 

sis, did u read iT? I mean, it's not her fashion line, she's only the face of it brit14

. The line was created in collaboration with Gaga's sister Natali and designer Brandon Maxwe

1 minute ago, frankgutz said:

sis, did u read iT? I mean, it's not her fashion line, she's only the face of it brit14

. The line was created in collaboration with Gaga's sister Natali and designer Brandon Maxwe

oooh, that makes sense. Sorry, I must have missed that part!