Sign in to follow this  

Kesha's Mother Drops Counterclaims Against Dr. Luke

DanceCommander    541

Luke's lawyer is trying to claim it as a win for them but it seems like it's a change in strategy from a new lawyer. It looks like Mark Geragos is off the case.

Pebe filed counterclaims of intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress based on the alleged abuse directed at Kesha. She also claimed misrepresentations and fraudulent inducement by asserting that Dr. Luke had promised that she would be involved in her daughter's career including as a songwriter.

On Tuesday, Pebe voluntarily dismissed those counterclaims. She's also recently split with attorney Mark Geragos.

"Pebe Sebert's voluntary withdrawal of all her claims against Dr. Luke is her acknowledgement that her claims are meritless," says Christine Lepera, attorney for Dr. Luke. "Dr. Luke's defamation and other claims continue against Pebe and Kesha Sebert."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/keshas-mother-drops-counterclaims-dr-888275

Andy!    13,005

interesting1 new song, new lawyer... Hmmm. It seems like they're really trying to turn a new leaf. Hope isn't lost. 

DanceCommander    541
1 minute ago, Honey~ said:

interesting1 new song, new lawyer... Hmmm. It seems like they're really trying to turn a new leaf. Hope isn't lost. 

The new lawyer has expertise in entertainment so he may have found a way for her to get around the contract.

Andy!    13,005
1 minute ago, DanceCommander said:

The new lawyer has expertise in entertainment so he may have found a way for her to get around the contract.

PLEASE fall1 

Onika    22,319

This would concern me if it weren't for the fact that they're changing legal representation.

DanceCommander    541
1 minute ago, Onika said:

This would concern me if it weren't for the fact that they're changing legal representation.

The problem is Pebe would have a hard time proving these claims in court. It will be easier to just focus on defending herself from Luke's claims against her.

Living Dead Boy    2,730
14 minutes ago, Onika said:

I feel like things are starting to go the right way between better representation and the song coming out oprah1 

Kivo    2,233

This doesn't look great tbh. Sueing someone and then taking it back? She's splitting with Mark Geragos too? Huh? 

Mess...

Galaxy    2,369
Just now, Kivo said:

This doesn't look great tbh. Sueing someone and then taking it back? She's splitting with Mark Geragos too? Huh? 

Mess...

Well, Kesha has a new, stronger legal team (is she even still with Geragos?), so they probably encouraged Pebe to dropped the claims as they were probably baseless, I'd say it's all stragetic.

DanceCommander    541
1 hour ago, Kivo said:

Mess...

She didn't sue. She counter-sued when Luke sued her. She's not taking back her claims at all. I think her new lawyers probably feel the countersuit is more trouble than it's worth. 

Sheezus    8,753

I want a list of all the tracks Luke tacked a credit onto that he wasn't involved with. alex1

Slasher    19,369
On April 27, 2016 at 4:26 PM, Honey~ said:

Praying tbh. 

On April 27, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Onika said:

I was going to say, this doesn't sound too good..