PhCh

What is Rihanna's talent?

I'm not necessarily shading Rihanna but lbr in what does she even stands out? She can't write a decent song without a bunch of co-writters, her live vocals are pretty much a hit or miss and her dancing skills are barely there. Now her hits are pretty great and her albums are consistents at least but it's not like she has the merit of that. Is she talentless? Discuss

She doesn't have one. I was thinking about this the other day. ANY basic bitch could rack up numerous hits if they look hot and can sing in a studio. She doesn't offer anything else. What else does she do? She can't dance, like Beyoncé or Britney. She's not a powerhouse vocalist like Christina or Pink. She doesn't have any creativity like Gaga or Nicki (Pink Friday era). She's just a product of 'right place, right time' and having good connections. 

Her talent is being unique and charismatic without being a trained vocalist or a super talented dancer. Surviving this long without a classical talent is her talent. She's a chameleon who can survive in the pop industry which changes constantly.

She's not a niche artist and her voice sounds great and easily recognizeable with all kinds of genres. 

1 hour ago, Crystal Whore said:

She doesn't have one. I was thinking about this the other day. ANY basic bitch could rack up numerous hits if they look hot and can sing in a studio. She doesn't offer anything else. What else does she do? She can't dance, like Beyoncé or Britney. She's not a powerhouse vocalist like Christina or Pink. She doesn't have any creativity like Gaga or Nicki (Pink Friday era). She's just a product of 'right place, right time' and having good connections. 

Tea

this 

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Rihanna's*

Edit.

At least thank me for the title correction, you ungrateful bitch. :)

thank you for avoid my question as any normal pressed fan would do :)

clap3can't spot any lies

20 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Her talent is being unique and charismatic without being a trained vocalist or a super talented dancer. Surviving this long without a classical talent is her talent. She's a chameleon who can survive in the pop industry which changes constantly.

She's not a niche artist and her voice sounds great and easily recognizeable with all kinds of genres. 

Well said clap3

12 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

That would be respectable if she actually created her songs like Madonna 

It's easy to hire hot producers/writers to make you hit songs when you're someone like Rihanna aretha1

That would be respectable if she actually created her songs like Madonna 

It's easy to hire hot producers/writers to make you hit songs when you're someone like Rihanna aretha1

As if Madonna really was the creative mind behind her songs. She hires song writers and tells them to write songs about certain topics. Then all she does is change a few words and maybe some slight melody changes. That's literally it.

5 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

As if Madonna really was the creative mind behind her songs. She hires song writers and tells them to write songs about certain topics. Then all she does is change a few words and maybe some slight melody changes. That's literally it.

Hmmm... 

Proof??

I read this about Like A Prayer: 

Madonna's further inspiration for writing the title song came from the Catholic belief of transubstantiation. She believed that the wine and wafer, which Catholics believe become the Body of Christ during Mass, have transformative power and every word in the prayer has its precise meaning. For Madonna, "Like a Prayer" similarly appeared to carry its own transformative power.[7] While writing the lyrics, Madonna introduced liturgical words but changed the context in which they were added for a dual meaning.[8] She wanted the song to have superficial pop lyrics about sexuality and religion,[8] but a different meaning underneath which she believed could provoke a reaction from her listeners. In author J. Randy Taraborrelli's book Madonna: An Intimate Biography, Leonard explained that he was not comfortable with the lyrics and the sexual innuendos present in it. He gave the example of the first verse for "Like a Prayer" which goes "When you call my name, It's like a little prayer, I'm down on my knees, I wanna take you there."[9] Leonard understood that the dual meaning of the lines referred to someone performing fellatio. He was aghast and requested that Madonna change the line, but she was adamant about keeping it.[9]

Clearly her producer didn't write that nat1

11 minutes ago, Salvatore said:

Madonna certainly makes more use of her songwriters and producers than her own songwriting talent, but you can't argue that her vision and creative construction of looks, performances and eras in general is down to other people. 

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.