Tasso

Kanye Says "Closet Racism" Was to Blame for Taylor’s 2009 VMA Win

1280_kanye_west_taylor_swift_getty_46303

It’s been almost seven years since Kanye West interrupted Taylor Swift’s VMA speech in 2009 to declare that Beyonce, in fact, had the “best video of all time,” but the rapper can’t seem to let the topic go. In a new radio interview with Steve Harvey, Yeezy brought up Swift out of the blue, even after Harvey said he “really wasn’t” trying to talk about her.

“It’s not about Kanye West. It’s not about Taylor Swift,” West said. “There’s a lot of people in America that feel like they don’t have the platform to stand up and express their closet racism. Before they had that platform, one really easy way to express it was to say, ‘Eff Kanye West.’”

West went on to blame Britney Spears’ 2007 meltdown, saying, “As soon as Britney shaved her head and they saw that money going down, they had already marked what that award was going to be that night,” indicating that the powers-that-be saw Swift as the next pop superstar.

“They ain’t expect no activist that had just lost his mama a year later, sitting there with a bottle of Hennessey,” he added of himself. “The only reason I drank the Hennessey in the first place is because I said, ‘Imma just have to get drunk to deal with all the lies I’m about to see.’”

source

Why is it always "OMG ITS RACISM I BLAME IT ON RACISM IT'S ALWAYS RACISM TO BLAME NO OTHER BLACK PERSON WON THAT NIGHT EVEN THOUGH BEYONCE WON VIDEO OF THE YEAR ANYWAYS YOU RACIST I WAS TOLD TO PUT FINGERS UP MY NO NO AREA AND ITS RACIST WAAAAAAAH" jj4

Does he still have a thumb up his butt?

Can he just let it go already? Somebody is pressed that a WHITE WOMAN is more successful than him. Acting as if he should be entitled and make black privilege a thing. He's the racist.

3 hours ago, Erotic said:

Much like all else he says, this makes absolutely no sense um1 What the hell does Britney have to do with anything um1 Own up to the fact you acted like a dick that night um1 

I think he was saying that once Britney fell through then media needed a new pop star like her. Taylor somewhat fits a similar story to Pre-Meltdown Britney too. wendy1