Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | Dedicated | May 17, 2019

Back in studio with Jack:

Also aretha1
CRJ's ex, David was shooting BTS footage (which he also did for the EMOTION era). So things are getting close cry7

DhGQiDlXkAAW8zl?format=jpg

Edit: Turns out the song they were working on was “This Love Isn’t Crazy” which didn’t make it on CRJ4 

Edit: The song eventually made it onto Side B. cheer1

Looks like we have our first confirmed song! She's re-working a song she did in 2016 with Nate Cyphert, and getting excited cry7

(BTW - that looks like Kyle Shearer at the desk)

1 hour ago, delete it fat said:

uh bitch the thread title? is it confirmed?

It was a rumoured tweet by someone in the know...it will no doubt be subject to change. Stay Tuned gaga12

Apparently her label made her scrap the original disco direction of the album and that's why she's had to rework everything with Jack. cry9 When will labels realize that some acts just won't hit it big again and let them do what they want? cry8 

8 hours ago, Juinae said:

Apparently her label made her scrap the original disco direction of the album and that's why she's had to rework everything with Jack. cry9 When will labels realize that some acts just won't hit it big again and let them do what they want? cry8 

ew2

I love Jack, but I want that disco album. Put the disco album out and, then, either make a new album with Jack or a re-release remix one.

9 hours ago, Juinae said:

I'm not shocked by this. The "starts and stops" of this era has the stamp of label interference. Interscope will botch it up, and she'll end up releasing a mixtape of scrapped disco songs to get back on track. interesting1

I picked this up online from someone who was at Beauty Bar Chicago where CRJ was this weekend:

OH GUYS. I DID RECON SOME ALBUM NEWS FROM THE CARLY PARTY.
I was talking to a guy at the bar who I didn’t realize was her stage manager (note:not actual manager, he’s responsible for her live shows and not much else) at the time.
I was like “did you also come here for Carly?” (Which is the same question as are you gay in this straight bar?)
He was like “I came here with Carly” and he told me who he was
I wThen I asked, so do you know anything about when the new album is going to be released?
He said, I don’t but it’s really great.
So I asked, it’s finished then?
He said “it could be finished now but she keeps adding to it. I’m not sure when it’s actually going to come out.” I have confirmation bias but the way he said this made me think they were all waiting for it to come out and the label is delaying it.

Then someone from her team came to me and told me to talk to someone else. I wonder if they were trying to stop us from asking exactly what I was asking. 

gaycat1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well, we knew the label was holding it back until they had the right set of songs. From my recorded history of this era, I do believe she's been done for 6 months. I still think we are close.

31 minutes ago, rayven said:

this melody sounds so familiar... does it sample something?

The first <play> I thought the same, but it's hard to figure it out over a 20 second clip... brit14

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.