Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | Dedicated | May 17, 2019

She doesn't slow down. After having one of the most acclaimed Pop albums of 2015, Carly Rae Jepsen is already recording for CRJ4.

This from Popjustice:

As you well know global sax-repopularising singer of song Carly Rae Jepsen has recently been in a studio environment with PC Music’s Danny L Harle, and now the latter has said some words about it all.

“It was great,” L Harle told the latest issue of Beat magazine. “The enthusiasm was peaking throughout the entire session.”

Are you both so into the song that you’re doing though?

“We’re both so into the song that we’re doing.”

edit: here is an audio only clip of the song (hopefully more) that they worked on. This is a Danny L Harle written song that he played at a music conference in London on May 19/16 with CRJ's vocals.

The song has been referred to as - "Super Natural"

edit June 6/16 - The demo of Super Natural has leaked.

cheer1

Also, in an interview with Tegan and Sarah, the songs that they had worked on during the Emotion Sessions have been taken back. So, all of you hoping for another Tegan/Sarah/Carly collaboration are sadly out of luck. We will have to wait 4 weeks to see if T&S re-used any of those songs for their new album...

bummer1

In an interview with Stereogum, she mentioned a Q1-2017 release for the album. She won't be taking time off after her current tour. She's heading to Japan for a few shows then to Sweden to record album number 4. She also has 2 songs written with Tavish Crowe called "Tenderly" and "Sails"

cheer1

June 2/16 CRJ tweeted a selfie of herself heading to a studio in NYC! So she's not in Sweden after all. The recording session was with Dev Hynes (All That).

cheer1

August 12/16 - Super Natural is released as Danny L Harle ft Carly Rae Jepsen

cheer1

August 12/16 - In an interview that she did a few weeks ago with FADER, CRJ lets it spill who she's been working with on CRJ4: The guy behind Michael Jackson's Thriller and Shellback.

Over the next couple months, I’ll just continue chipping away on the new album. When I was on the Canadian tour [April/May 2016], we didn’t have internet on the bus, so there wasn’t much else to do other than write songs. Two of my favorite [favourite] collaborators, my saxophone player Jared, and Tavish Crowe, who was actually a part of “Call Me Maybe,” are in the band with me, so we’ll make pop-up studios with a laptop and our gear wherever we are.

I really started [the new album] from a disco-inspired place. Like Donna Summer: dreamy, sexy disco. I think I have about 17 songs that were started [on tour], just as little demos, that I [then brought] to Sweden. I went to Sweden for two and a half weeks, and I worked with a lot of the people I worked with on the last album, Mattman and Robin, and I had sessions with Karl [Johan Schuster] and Rami [Yacoub]. When we were in Sweden, we probably had seven or eight completely new ideas. That’s the fun right now: to just write and play, and listen back, and see what’s starting to feel right. It’s still so new.

There’s a lot of people in the world who I’d be really excited to work with. I’m actually going to the studio with Danny and Nate [Campany, songwriter] and Kyle [Shearer, producer], and we’re going to write some things, potentially for my album, because the vibes were good [on “Super Natural”]. I had a meeting in London with Rod Temperton, the writer of “Thriller.” He’s just the most amazing man — he played me the “Thriller” demo, which was crazy to hear. In the original lyrics, [Michael Jackson] used to be like, Starlight, stars so bright. It was just cool seeing his process, and meeting the man behind that killer hit. We just talked about what disco meant to him. I’m just going to dig in, and do my research, and figure out what exactly it is about disco that’s exciting me. But, I started in one place with E•MO•TION, and then I landed in the ‘80s, and that was an unexpected journey. I’m allowing myself the freedom to not be totally committed.

cheer1

Looks like Cut To The Feeling will be on the new album Spread Love!

cheer1

Edit: Someone on Wikipedia has updated the date of release as September 29, 2017 - it has since been removed.

Edit: In a phone interview with the Globe&Mail in Toronto on June 15, 2017, CRJ denied "Spread Love" as the album title and has yet to pick a release date. bummer1

Edit: On the back of the Promo CDr for CTTF in the UK, it states that she'll be returning to the UK later this year. Sounds like they are readying the album release for Fall. cheer1

Edit: July 11/17 - in a Facebook interview before her Chicago Free Show, she stated that she is in no hurry to release the new album. 

bummer1

Edit: July 19/17 - someone tweeted a casting call for a CRJ Music Video. Album promo is starting cheer1

Edit: July 29/17 CRJ posted on Instagram a photo of Jack Antonoff in the studio. Not shocking as he's been noted as working with Carly for years now, but some Swifties on Twitter suggest that this may be a collaboration with Taylor Swift as Taylor's backup singer, Kamilah Marshall, was there too.

Edit: Aug 17/17 It was announced that CRJ will be opening for Katy Perry's "Witness The Tour" for dates Jan 5/18 to Feb 5/18. This would mean the new album will be pushed back to 2018 - after the tour. bummer1

Edit: Aug 18/17 CRJ mentioned while doing promo interviews for Leap! that the music video for Cut To The Feeling will be released in a few days. Leap! hits theatres in the US on Aug 25th. Still no word if CTTF will be considered Single #1 from the new album, now that it's getting a music video. 

Edit: Sept 2017 CTTF was added the the Japanese Exclusive Album, EMOTION Side B+ and released there as a full single to promote the album. So CTTF won't be on the new album.

Edit: Apr 18/18 Rumour tweet by an industry insider states August 24, 2018 as release date of new album 

Edit: Aug 6/18 Carly was at Beauty Bar Chicago and her stage manager let it slip that the album is done, but Carly keeps adding to it. They are just waiting for the label to OK a release date. bummer1

Edit: Sept 10/18 Producer Yves Rothman, let it spill online that CRJ was releasing an EP in 2018 called Miss U Kiss U.  bummer1

Edit: Oct 30/18 Party For One is released as lead single to CRJ4. Her Canadian label, 604 Records confirmed on their website that it will be the lead from her next album - (so the EP idea has been scrapped). cheer1

Edit: Jan 14/19 CRJ confirmed her album through a reply tweet to Billboard:

[tweet now deleted]

Edit: Jan 18/19 CRJ announced through Instagram that she and Tavish Crowe have picked the album tracks from a list of 200 songs. cheer1

Edit: Feb 20/19 CRJ announced through socials that second single, Now That I Found You,  will be released on all music formats on Feb 27th. The song will also be used as the lead intro for the Netflix show, Queer Eye Season 3 premiere on March 15th. cheer1

Edit: Feb 25/19 CRJ announced through socials that a third single, No Drug Like Me, will be released along side Now That I Found You, on Feb 27th. cheer1

Edit: Feb 27/19 In an interview with Zane Lowe, CRJ mentioned that she had her final listening party with friends to pick track list order. cheer1

Edit: April 1/19 No April Fools - Dedicated is announced for a May 17th Release cheer1pre-orders on iTunes reveals that Party For One will not be on it. Too early to tell if it will be a bonus track on the deluxe version of the album. This doesn’t look like the cover artwork. bummer1

Edit: April 9/19 Tracklist leaks (no particular order) - Track 15 may still be Party For One cheer1

[tweet now deleted]

Edit: April 16/19 CRJ tweeted that the song, Julien will be released on April 19th and The Knocks did a follow-up tweet letting us know that it was one of their productions. cheer1

Edit: April 17/19 CRJ tweeted the back cover of the deluxe edition with track order. Party For One is Track 15 on the Deluxe Edition...and debuted the album cover artwork! cheer1

D4XyX_2WkAA8a5n?format=jpg&name=medium

Here in Carly Rae's own words...describing what post-Kiss and pre-Emotion was like for her -  I hope she does this again for CRJ4:

I was working, at the beginning, with everyone who was willing, basically: I tried it all. It was the rounds, as they call it in Los Angeles—it’s a really intense way of doing it where you go with writers but I think that’s more made for people who aren’t actively writing the music themselves. I just found that I was getting really frustrated by that way of writing because it almost felt like mass producing a lot of stuff but nothing of real quality. You’re in rooms where you’re not actually getting to contribute [in the] way that it was important to me to be contributing. When I took a little hiatus, or a new adventure on Broadway in New York, that was a gift that I didn’t realize it was going to be. It stopped me in my tracks to look at why it wasn’t working and why I was frustrated, and to be able to articulate it to my team. I started making my own list of people I admired and loved and who sparked something in me, and having either my A&R man John Ehmann reach out or reach out to them personally and just say, “I’m not into making what I’ve already made, I want to try something new and if you’re open to that, let’s meet.” That’s when all of the good magic started.

source (Rookiemag)

2 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

didn't she said she wanted to release a part 2 for E-MO-TION? mess1 

I think she joked about leaking songs from the Emotion Sessions. I would die for that. cry0

I think she is done with Emotion now that Boy Problems is out. She's off to Japan soon, and I think the UK after that. brit11

She tweeted an hour ago that she's working on the tour bus on a new track with Tavish Crowe - her co-writing guitar partner. cheer1

13096119_10153616526341048_6626910526643

She could easily squeeze out another single or nine for us in this waiting period cry7

#JusticeForLAHallucinations #JusticeForMakingTheMostOfTheNight #JusticeForIDidntJustComeHereToDance #JusticeForGimmieLove #JusticeForEmotion #JusticeForAllThat #JusticeForLetsGetLost #JusticeForWarmBlood #JusticeForBlackHeart #PoorFavoriteColor

On May 7, 2016 at 2:46 PM, Gabe. said:

bitch you will not release anything and let Gimmie Love die. ARE YOU FUCKING OUT OF YOUR MIND

On May 7, 2016 at 3:09 PM, Shiver said:

She could easily squeeze out another single or nine for us in this waiting period cry7

#JusticeForLAHallucinations #JusticeForMakingTheMostOfTheNight #JusticeForIDidntJustComeHereToDance #JusticeForGimmieLove #JusticeForEmotion #JusticeForAllThat #JusticeForLetsGetLost #JusticeForWarmBlood #JusticeForBlackHeart #PoorFavoriteColor

There's always hope cry0

But with the way she is diving into new studio work, CRJ5 could come faster than we think. brit11

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.