Archived

This thread has been closed to further replies because it was not updated for 12 months. If you wish to have this thread reinstated, please contact an administrator.

ajp

Carly Rae Jepsen | Dedicated | May 17, 2019

On March 16, 2017 at 8:38 AM, ajp said:

Charli XCX, Justin Raisen, Carly Rae Jepsen - in studio....together! oprah10

C7BzubnV0AAnQW5.jpg

...and Coke Zero and a box of facial tissues moo1

This was so bound to happen, since the 2 of them have known each other for some time now through PC Music circles. rav3

So back in March, she was in studio with Charli XCX and Patrik Berger....well, this session was not part of Carly's new album but for BC Unidos' EP. She Posted this on Instagram, today:

She has been spending a lot of time with Photographer, Vanessa Heins. This shot has to be the best one out the group posted... Even the title "Wallflower" would make a great album title... nat1

CRJ tweeted a photo of her and James Flannigan out on the town in LA...

Not sure where to post it cause he is a singer/songwriter/producer that has recently worked with Dua Lipa, but since it was not in a studio....it could have been a date. cheryl1

BTW, James is HOT!

iFI5giTC_400x400.jpeg

GQ Magazine: When you left Vampire Weekend, there was talk of you contributing behind the scenes but not touring with the band. What does that look like?

Rostam: Because I work with a lot of artists and a lot of those artists are my friends—in fact all of them I have friendships with—it seems strange to talk about my friends' projects and the degrees to which I'm involved. So I tend not to answer those questions and allow those questions to be answered when the new music comes out. It's kind of silly to talk about those things before there's music out there in the world.

GQ Magazine: Having said that, do you know if you're going to work with Carly Rae Jepsen again?

Rostam: Carly and I had a date where we got together in the studio in April, and we wrote an entire song in one day, which is something that happens from time to time, but I think both of us feel really excited about that song. I can't say when it’s going to come out or if it's going to come out, but I can say that we wrote a song in one day and are really excited by it. The two of us have a special writing chemistry.

2 hours ago, ajp said:

GQ Magazine: When you left Vampire Weekend, there was talk of you contributing behind the scenes but not touring with the band. What does that look like?

Rostam: Because I work with a lot of artists and a lot of those artists are my friends—in fact all of them I have friendships with—it seems strange to talk about my friends' projects and the degrees to which I'm involved. So I tend not to answer those questions and allow those questions to be answered when the new music comes out. It's kind of silly to talk about those things before there's music out there in the world.

GQ Magazine: Having said that, do you know if you're going to work with Carly Rae Jepsen again?

Rostam: Carly and I had a date where we got together in the studio in April, and we wrote an entire song in one day, which is something that happens from time to time, but I think both of us feel really excited about that song. I can't say when it’s going to come out or if it's going to come out, but I can say that we wrote a song in one day and are really excited by it. The two of us have a special writing chemistry.

I love Vampire Weekend, Rostam and Carly so it's so cool for me too see that connection. Super excited for VW4 and CRJ5 - albums of the year 2018 - in the first quarter hopefully.

28 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I love Vampire Weekend, Rostam and Carly so it's so cool for me too see that connection. Super excited for VW4 and CRJ5 - albums of the year 2018 - in the first quarter hopefully.

Here is the rest of the interview for you. X

maisy

according to an interview with Vulture Magazine, Charli XCX will not likely be on Carly's new album:

Tell me the story of how you connected with Carly Rae Jepsen.
I met Carly through [PC Music’s] Danny L Harle because they did a song together. We were in L.A. and they had this PC Music night, which was pretty wild, actually. But Carly came with her parents [laughs], so we were all watching the show together. It was funny: Carly and her parents at this one table, me and all my friends at one table, then Tinashe and all her friends at another table. We were a gang. But I met Carly and her parents, and they were so sweet and obviously I’d been a fan. I have a lot of friends who’ve worked with her — Rostam, Ariel [Rechtshaid] — and since then, we kept bumping into each other. My friend and close collaborating partner Noonie Bao had been writing with her a lot and Patrick Berger as well, who I work with a lot. I went over to Carly’s house for some party that she had and we just connected.

We spoke about this tweet that had gone viral of a picture of me, her, and Lorde. Our fans wanted us to make a song together. Then we got drunk and spoke about all these ideas we had about making a whole album together. One day, she was in the studio with my friend Justin Raisen, and I went down there. They had been partying and we were just gonna have a jam session, but she’s really fun as a person, and she has so many ideas and is a really creative and wonderful songwriter. So when I did this mixtape, I hit her up, saying, “Is this the time?” And she said yes, so I sent her the song [“Backseat”] and she was into it, wrote her verse, came back to me, and I loved it.

Are you involved in her next album?
I went to one session, but I got there really late at midnight, and I guess everyone had been partying. So I wasn’t really on their wavelength. We recorded vocals for like an hour, just a constant flow of craziness. I don’t think she’s gonna use that publicly, but it was fun. I would love to work on stuff for her.

Carly Rae Jepsen just changed the status on her Instagram to this:

"When you move it’s like a disco darling — all my dreams come true"

Teasing us with lyrics to her new single called "Disco Darling"? We will just have to wait (some more) interesting1

New Song registered today wendy1

DVea9oVVAAEJ5Fl?format=jpg

no "Performer" listed...so there is no way to know if this song is for Carly or written for another artist, until it's released. 

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.