Chantoya Jo Jackson

The Beyhive

9 minutes ago, Diamond said:

are we twins? I'm not gonna go into details because it was really embarrassing but I had a... moment in class today that was honestly traumatizing and I just know this semester will be rough rip4 

I wanted to say sth like "we'll get through this" but I'm not sure if I even believe it at this point.

8 minutes ago, Diamond said:

also when you ignore Lemonade's existence for a few weeks then play it again it seriously sounds just as good as the first time you heard it, we love a CLASSIC clap3 

It actually got so much better for me as the time went, on my first listen I wasn't blown away tbf.

47 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

I wanted to say sth like "we'll get through this" but I'm not sure if I even believe it at this point.

It actually got so much better for me as the time went, on my first listen I wasn't blown away tbf.

We will <3

I was blown away from the beginning nn, I watched the film live on TV and I was screeching the entire time. My friend told me to shut up because she couldn't hear the songs rip4 

I'll never forget the first time I heard (well... saw) All Night, I got chills tbh <3

46 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

What I thought of Lemonade after 5-6 listens, I usually hate my writing and don't want to read it, it's probably cringey as hell

8.5/10 is a great score for Ms. Vilpputin oprah14 

29 minutes ago, Diamond said:

We will <3

I was blown away from the beginning nn, I watched the film live on TV and I was screeching the entire time. My friend told me to shut up because she couldn't hear the songs rip4 

I'll never forget the first time I heard (well... saw) All Night, I got chills tbh <3

8.5/10 is a great score for Ms. Vilpputin oprah14 

hsneughjueje that sounds so extra, I wish I could have seen it. 

Would be higher now, somewhere in the 9-9.5 range. 

25 minutes ago, Diamond said:

omg tbt to Freedom being my second favorite song on the album (Sorry being 3rd)... wow how things change

My initial trinity was Freedom / Don't Hurt Yourself / Formation, the latter two were pretty valid, I'd say, but my fourth fave was * **** rip4

8 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

My initial trinity was Freedom / Don't Hurt Yourself / Formation, the latter two were pretty valid, I'd say, but my fourth fave was * **** rip4

6 Inch and Freedom were everybody's favorites when the album first came out. Now nobody really talks about them anymore rip4 (except when talking about that iconic BET performance cry7)

1 minute ago, Anna-wa said:

6 Inch and Freedom were everybody's favorites when the album first came out. Now nobody really talks about them anymore rip4 (except when talking about that iconic BET performance cry7)

Yeah I feel like they're both pretty instantly attention-grabbing but in a longer run lost to the songs which took time to fully blossom. And the BET performance kind of made the studio version far less powerful tbh. 

8 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

It's just that it was so good and hard-hitting that the studio version just felt a bit tame in comparison. 

I mean that's probably also because we could actually hear the breaths in Kendrick's live voice whereas that's obviously edited in the studio...

5 hours ago, Urbanov said:

That’s why when I have a chance I try to go and see artists performing live on stage. Some songs are certainly gaining a lot while being performed live. Freedom is a perfect example. It has this kind of rawness, all the spectrum of emotions, energy you can’t really compare to the clean studio version.

I still love this song (Top 5) but I think there are better songs on the album ... but it’s not our fault that whole album as a piece is just stunning and each track is amazing on its own.

yas1 You said all my thoughts

14 hours ago, Diamond said:

can we discuss how excellent this is? can Carlord do anything wrong?

Pretty sure you brought this up at some point, to which I replied that it was v overlooked, deserved more and how I heard it at a mall once and that she was GLOBAL.

But if no, it's v overlooked, deserved more and I heard it at a mall once, she's GLOBAL.

33 minutes ago, Vilppu said:

Pretty sure you brought this up at some point, to which I replied that it was v overlooked, deserved more and how I heard it at a mall once and that she was GLOBAL.

But if no, it's v overlooked, deserved more and I heard it at a mall once, she's GLOBAL.

Take an espresso shot every time someone on F0TP says the word global.

Die from caffeine poisoning.