Chantoya Jo Jackson

The Beyhive

I just want to say that "I Was Here" is one of my favorite songs ever.

I relate to the lyrics a lot, because the message is so important to me. I want to make a difference, I want to learn as much as possible, I want to educate and help people, I want to travel the world, I want to put my talents out there, I want to experience what it's like to love someone unconditionally, I want to right all of my wrongs, I want to be a role model, I want to know that I worked hard and did my best, I want to make a positive impact on somebody's life, and I want to look back on my own life with a sense of fulfillment. I'm terrified of growing old and realizing that I never achieved any of that, and being out of time.

When I feel powerless and futile and devoid of motivation and inspiration, I listen to that song and it reminds me of my purpose here and what I'm working towards. The chorus around the two-minute mark gives me chills.

I also like "Schoolin' Life, "Countdown," "Love On Top," "Party," and "End of Time" because they're so free-spirited and optimistic, and they work really well as a soundtrack while I go out there and achieve all of those goals. The 4 album in general is so underrated and probably my personal favorite Bey album. sob1

4 hours ago, Hermione said:

I just want to say that "I Was Here" is one of my favorite songs ever.

I relate to the lyrics a lot, because the message is so important to me. I want to make a difference, I want to learn as much as possible, I want to educate and help people, I want to travel the world, I want to put my talents out there, I want to experience what it's like to love someone unconditionally, I want to right all of my wrongs, I want to be a role model, I want to know that I worked hard and did my best, I want to make a positive impact on somebody's life, and I want to look back on my own life with a sense of fulfillment. I'm terrified of growing old and realizing that I never achieved any of that, and being out of time.

When I feel powerless and futile and devoid of motivation and inspiration, I listen to that song and it reminds me of my purpose here and what I'm working towards. The chorus around the two-minute mark gives me chills.

wub1

I also adore the Dixie Chicks version of Daddy Lessons, and I hope Beyonce collaborates with them again in the future. They're my favorite group and Bey is one of my favorite singers, and they made magic together that pretty much no one was expecting!

1 minute ago, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

Let's be real - their performance was a cultural baptism and only by performing on the stage of CMA, Bey got pressed little rednecks shook!

Prior to Daddy Lessons they made completely different styles of music, but in hindsight their collaboration makes so much sense. They're both HATED by that particular demographic of conservative rednecks, and I bet it got them so mad to see Bey and the Chicks on the CMA stage together performing flawlessly and being showered with acclaim.

7 minutes ago, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

I've heard of Dixie Chicks before but was never really into their music. Would you recommend any of their albums? :) 

I may be biased, but I'd recommend all of them. I'm completely obsessed, not only with their music but also with their inspirational comeback story. Even if you don't like country music you should still try them out, because they're the exception to that rule for so many people. I'm such an obvious fan of them too because I fit all of the stereotypes (Subaru driver, Hillary voter, granola aesthetic) rip4

They have a song for almost any kind of feeling or situation, so let me know what you'd be interested in and I can recommend a song to start out! ny1

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

I also adore the Dixie Chicks version of Daddy Lessons, and I hope Beyonce collaborates with them again in the future. They're my favorite group and Bey is one of my favorite singers, and they made magic together that pretty much no one was expecting!

Yes pleeease. I love the idea of my first girlband and Beyonce working together. 100% here for it

3 hours ago, Hermione said:

Prior to Daddy Lessons they made completely different styles of music, but in hindsight their collaboration makes so much sense. They're both HATED by that particular demographic of conservative rednecks, and I bet it got them so mad to see Bey and the Chicks on the CMA stage together performing flawlessly and being showered with acclaim.

It's true. And both acts are ashamed of how red the state they grew up in and hold dear to them (Texas), is. I bet Beyonce 100000% would have gotten blocked from airways for insulting George Bush/saying she's ashamed of him being from Texas, if she didn't care so much about her reputation. Like I bet she definitely agrees with the girls' statement there. I have no doubts.

3 hours ago, #VaccinesMakeKidsAutistic said:

I mean I like country music but for a good start something that is less country than their usual work if you know what I mean? Last time I was listening to a country was like a year ago so I have to be in a proper mood for that. With small doses I can get to know their music better, piece by piece jj2

I would start off with Not Ready to Make Nice, which is their biggest hit. It completely flopped in the country market but it crossed over into the pop charts, won three Grammys, and made their haters FURIOUS. Before you listen to the song you should read about the controversy that inspired it, because it makes it so much more meaningful. They have dozens more amazing songs, but this is the one that shows why they're my heroes.

6 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

Yes pleeease. I love the idea of my first girlband and Beyonce working together. 100% here for it

I love that you called them a real band and not a girl group. I like girl groups too, but they deserve much more credit than that label. They play instruments, write a lot of their own material, and are far from the manufactured cookie-cutter label projects that we usually think of when we hear the term girl group.

4 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

It's true. And both acts are ashamed of how red the state they grew up in and hold dear to them (Texas), is. I bet Beyonce 100000% would have gotten blocked from airways for insulting George Bush/saying she's ashamed of him being from Texas, if she didn't care so much about her reputation. Like I bet she definitely agrees with the girls' statement there. I have no doubts.

I'm so glad that they reached out to each other to collaborate, because it seems like such an unlikely match at first but the more you think about it the more they have in common. It was heartwarming to see them looking so happy and supporting each other on a stage where many of the viewers were probably judging them, but they didn't care and killed it anyway.

8 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I'm so glad that they reached out to each other to collaborate, because it seems like such an unlikely match at first but the more you think about it the more they have in common. It was heartwarming to see them looking so happy and supporting each other on a stage where many of the viewers were probably judging them, but they didn't care and killed it anyway.

"Good job Bey" :')

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I love that you called them a real band and not a girl group. I like girl groups too, but they deserve much more credit than that label. They play instruments, write a lot of their own material, and are far from the manufactured cookie-cutter label projects that we usually think of when we hear the term girl group.

I mean, when I think of my childhood, I DO think of the Dixie Chicks and the Cheetah Girls on the same level as far as "girlbands that defined me" but I'm not dumb. I know that the Dixie Chicks play instruments and chose to be together, as opposed to being a manufactured band like the Cheetah Girls and my girls Fourth Harmony.

3 minutes ago, Anna-wa said:

I mean, when I think of my childhood, I DO think of the Dixie Chicks and the Cheetah Girls on the same level as far as "girlbands that defined me" but I'm not dumb. I know that the Dixie Chicks play instruments and chose to be together, as opposed to being a manufactured band like the Cheetah Girls and my girls Fourth Harmony.

Exactly! And I don't have anything against girl groups. I love Girls Aloud and Destiny's Child, but there's a difference between that kind of music and the Dixie Chicks.

Anyway, back to Beyonce. Blue is such a beautiful song and it doesn't get enough love. The love that she feels for her daughter really comes through on the track and it's so moving. sob1 

5 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Anyway, back to Beyonce. Blue is such a beautiful song and it doesn't get enough love. The love that she feels for her daughter really comes through on the track and it's so moving. sob1 

I KNOWWW sob1 how could anyone ever say that Beyonce didn't birth this child after listening to that song? I just- I can't understand it at all