G like MC

Do Artists "Owe" their fans anything?

Let's be serious for a second girls. If you liked their album so much well then you chose to buy their album. You chose to watch their performances. You chose to follow them on social media retweeting everything and liking everything posted by them. You chose to Stan them.

So the question is, if you bought my album, and you received my album, and you decided to follow me which costs you nothing, am I obligated to give u anything else? 

tumblr_inline_my9jclqQmu1rarqf4.gif

Discuss.

1 minute ago, Hylia said:

Honestly, I don't think so. However their are other ways of letting your fans know as opposed to being a douche on Instagram 

Bieber's career has 1 trajectory

No. Fans (including me) are too demanding sometimes. We have to remember that these people are just here to make music and if you're a fan of it and decide to purchase it, then that's on you. Everything else is extra. Artists are people who create and sell a product. You are simply a consumer. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. 

No, but it is a curtesy. It's good to have boundaries, but without fans, your career wouldn't go as far. So at the same time be fair and nice to them. 

They should at least go out of their way to show their fans gratitude for being the ones who do all the things you mentioned. The fans are the only reason theyre able to keep doing the thing they love, which is record music and perform concerts. Without us, their dream wouldve never came true, in a sense. lj1

It's a 2 way situation, the fans are the very reason why a fave is successful. A fave shouldn't be an ass to the fan, so is the fan and her/his demands to a fave.

It depends. If it's a person who just makes good quality music without wanting to become famous then no (see: Beck, one hit wonders). But people like Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry who literally WANT to become more famous and successful... they indeed owe their fans. They'd be nothing without them.  clap1

Just now, LG5 Pls Dont Flop said:

It depends. If it's a person who just makes good quality music without wanting to become famous then no (see: Beck, one hit wonders). But people like Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber, Katy Perry who literally WANT to become more famous and successful... they indeed owe their fans. They'd be nothing without them.  clap1

And lady gaga

What the others said. Some fans are annoying and possesives as fuck but if the famous take his measurements against ALL the fans then he will have to face the consequences rav1

Yes because if it wasn't for the fans, they wouldn't be here. Not hard to interact with fans and showing appreciation. Q&A's, interviews and performances are not only free for the artist, but they get a profit from them. So its a win win jj2

12 hours ago, Gilly said:

No. Fans (including me) are too demanding sometimes. We have to remember that these people are just here to make music and if you're a fan of it and decide to purchase it, then that's on you. Everything else is extra. Artists are people who create and sell a product. You are simply a consumer. If you don't like it, then don't buy it. 

I would say "pop artists". The definition of artist is different. Else I agree with you jj2 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artist

Whether you like it or not,Showbiz is all about PEOPLE LOVING YOU.

You don't have people loving you (people that want  to see you on concerts,on magazines,on shows,on social media) = You worth NOTHING

And yes,artists should love their fans back.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Browsing now   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.