Firdawsi

Madonna to Honor Prince at 2016 Billboard Music Awards

madonna-met-gala-2015-smile-billboard-65

The Queen of Pop will pay homage to another member of music royalty, Prince, at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.

Organizers today announced Madonna's participation in what promises to be one of the highlights of this year’s BBMAs. The legendary pop singer will pay tribute to her good friend and fellow artist, who unexpectedly passed away April 21 at the age of 57. Details on her tribute to the late music great remain a closely-guarded secret.

X

The Queen of Pop will pay homage to another member of music royalty, Prince, at the 2016 Billboard Music Awards.

Organizers today announced Madonna's participation in what promises to be one of the highlights of this year’s BBMAs. The legendary pop singer will pay tribute to her good friend and fellow artist, who unexpectedly passed away April 21 at the age of 57. Details on her tribute to the late music great remain a closely-guarded secret.

Britney Spears to Perform Hits Medley at Billboard Music Awards

There’s no mystery surrounding the lineup of performers on the night. The likes ofJustin BieberCeline DionDNCEFifth HarmonyThe Go-Go’sDemi LovatoShawn MendesPinkBritney Spears and Troye Sivan will take the stage, and a collaboration is confirmed with Nick Jonas and Tove Lo. Celine Dion will be on hand to receive the ICON Award. 

Billboard Music Awards 2016: See the Finalists

The Weeknd is shaping to have a big BBMAs weekend. The Canadian hitmaker is a finalist 19 times in 16 categories.

This year’s ceremony will air live at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on Sunday, May 22 from TMobile Arena in Las Vegas. It’ll be hosted by BBMA vet Ludacris and first-time hostCiara and produced by dick clark productions. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/bbma/7364656/madonna-honor-prince-2016-billboard-music-awards

------------------

Could it be the first ever performance of Love Story?!?! antm1

1 minute ago, Ultra Blue said:

let's hope it's better than her MJ tribute speech

Well her and Prince were actually lovers and then friends for decades, MJ ditched her in early 90s because he was jealous of her freedom and he openly hated her and she knew it.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

It's who he would have wanted in this situation, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

I agree that she's perfect choice to do tribute, but then, i can't help but think of her vocals and skills on guitar, i'm kinda worried how will that end up.

2 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Well her and Prince were actually lovers and then friends for decades, MJ ditched her in early 90s because he was jealous of her freedom and he openly hated her and she knew it.

I agree that she's perfect choice to do tribute, but then, i can't help but think of her vocals and skills on guitar, i'm kinda worried how will that end up.

Yeah, that's true. Prince invited her to his private concert recently before he passed. So their relationship was definitely better than hers and MJ. She's probably going to share her experience working together on Like A Prayer or something. I doubt there's going to be any performance tho, just speeches.

9 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

Oh she'll do fine, I may loathe her - but I'll give the devil her due and say that she'll do everything to prepare and be the best that she can be. 

4 minutes ago, Ultra Blue said:

Yeah, that's true. Prince invited her to his private concert recently before he passed. So their relationship was definitely better than hers and MJ. She's probably going to share her experience working together on Like A Prayer or something. I doubt there's going to be any performance tho, just speeches.

Oh i thought it was already confirmed that it's performance. Never mind then mad1

I'm excited and worried at the same time.

I don't think that her voice could fit well in Prince's songs. sia4 But a 'Love Song' performance with some screen technology that could make him appear along her would slay that night. yas2yas2

6 minutes ago, Li'l Sebastian said:

I just realized it's not performance that is confirmed jj4

tribute to him could be a speech too

She kinda teased 'Love Song' today on ig, before the tribute announcement. It could mean something. jj2

13 hours ago, Alvarø said:

She kinda teased 'Love Song' today on ig, before the tribute announcement. It could mean something. jj2

Love Song

Purple Rain

and possibly Rain

Note: Purple Heart and overall Rain theme.