mercury.co.uk

Ryan Tedder confirms Harry Styles solo album

e23bf279851f7a907d67865e1850c4e2a273f65b

One Republic's Ryan Tedder is to appear on Harry Styles' solo album.

The 36-year-old frontman and producer has admitted he is set to work with Harry and will feature on the One Direction star's much-anticipated debut solo release.

The 'Counting Stars' hitmaker told The Sun newspaper: "We're going to be writing something for his solo album. We did work together in London a while ago but we definitely will again. He's always writing songs. He's a brilliant writer."

The singer previously revealed he had recorded songs with Harry and another chart-topping Brit, Ed Sheeran, at the Corinthia Hotel in central London.

He previously said: "It was amazing. I had Ed Sheeran in there, we were writing for him, Harry Styles came through.

"It was this revolving door and everyone I had in there, I thought, 'I prefer this to working in a studio'. For the same amount of money that you're going to spend on a studio - and they're expensive - if you take the same currency and find a totally crazy hotel room with a great view of London, you're going to get more inspiration."

In December last year, it was reported Harry had registered four tracks as a solo performer with the ASCAP (American Society of Composers, Authors, and Publishers).

The songs - 'Already Home', 'Endlessly', 'Coco' and '5378 Miles' - hinted that the 22-year-old singer was set to release his own music after One Direction decided to take a break from recording.

Meanwhile, Ryan also revealed he is working on One Republic's fourth studio album, which he promised will be out at the end of the summer.

The frontman said he has turned to some of his music pals for the new record.

He added: "I just recorded Peter Gabriel. One of the first songs I did for it was with Romy from The XX and I'm hoping Pharrell will be on board."

source