marykateforpie

Katycat investigators, ASSEMBLE!

Alright katycats, we have an investigation on our hands!kr1

A few weeks ago, Billboard released these hints of an artist who will be performing at the Hot 100 Festival:

oFybRjX.png    TobMk67.png

Both of these hints fit perfectly into Katy's criteria. jj2"I kissed a girl" ruled the charts for 7 weeks, and Katy had 2 number 1 albums, Teenage Dream and Prism.

A few days ago, Billboard released a full list of all of the artists that will be attending the Hot 100 fest, and Katy isn't on that list.

This could mean 1 of 2 things:

1. There's actually another artist on that list that meet these criteria

2. Katy will be a surprise guess and is being kept secret because she will release her lead single at the Hot 100 fest.katy3

I'm calling for all Katycats to help me strip through the list of artists and analyzing their past hits to see if they meet either of the 2 hints. alex1

Here is a list of the artists attending:

Ta1tqnh.png

If I had the time I would go through the entire list,l but unfortunately I don't. dead2.

I'll look through the first 3 rows of artists, checking their single and album discography to see if they must either criteria.

If you spot an artist that has a #1 hit for their first single, then check https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_number-one_singles to see how many weeks they were at the #1 spot for.

Post your data here with the artists that didn't meet or did meet the criteria so we can narrow down this list! Good luck Katycats! bey3

Calvin Harris: Met album criteria, Failed single criteria

Ariana Grande: Met album criteria, Failed single criteria

J. Cole: Failed both criteria

Fetty Wap: Failed both criteria

Martin Garrix: Failed both criteria

Audien: Failed both criteria

Awolnation: Failed both criteria

Brooke Eden: Failed both criteria

That's all the time I have right now, I'll look through more names if there are even any left later today!

I was about to hop in and help with the rest of this list, but then I remembered that the lower down the list we go, the more irrelevant artists get. None of the remaining artists have a #1 anything, I promise. 

There are three names on the list that are blurred out. Surprise performers, no doubt. But all three of the names are lower on the list than Katy would be; if she was on this lineup she would be the top tier headliner. 

Also, the first clue says more than 7 weeks. IKAG was 7 weeks exactly. 

All that being said, I am not at all discounting the idea that Katy would be the surprise performer because the timing is right and she is a beloved billboard artist.

i think the next step in this investigation would be to find currently relevant artists that debuted at number 1 for more than 7 weeks and see where that rabbit hole leads lj1 

None of them fit the criteria. While Katy does, I don't think she'll debut the single at the Hot 100 Festival rip4 She's bigger than that. If she is playing it'll probably to get the GP interested in her again so she can release the single with appropriate hype.

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

None of them fit the criteria. While Katy does, I don't think she'll debut the single at the Hot 100 Festival rip4 She's bigger than that. If she is playing it'll probably to get the GP interested in her again so she can release the single with appropriate hype.

Or she's gonna release it before hot 100 fest and drum up her own hype, and then be the surprise headliner lj1 kinda like how she did the iheart radio festivial in 2013 after roar debuted.

18 hours ago, alexander said:

Ashanti fits the bill rip3 

Her first single wasn't on the charts for 7 weeks though jj2

9 hours ago, Benji said:

wasnt trust in me her first hot 100 entry? jj2 

I checked her song discography, and the very first one was I kissed a girl

16 minutes ago, marykateforpie said:

Her first single wasn't on the charts for 7 weeks though jj2

I checked her song discography, and the very first one was I kissed a girl

it said more than 7 weeks, fool again was #1 for 10 weeks - it was her debut single

24 minutes ago, marykateforpie said:

Why would they say more than 7 weeks for a single that was #1 for 10 weeks? Why not say more than 5 or 6  or 8 weeks? interesting1

well if it was gonna be katy they would've said 'her debut single went #1 for 7 weeks' not more than so rav2